Malayalam Movies Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Rajkumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 782
  • Views Views: Views 75,452
Here Is What Mohanlal Has To Say About Playing National Anthem In Theatres...

Mohanlal is one such actor who never shies away from giving his views and opinions about social issues. He usually writes down his opinion on his blog, focusing on one or the other social issues, in each monthMany of the Mollywood celebrities had remained tight lipped on the new order of Supreme Court, which made it madatory to play National Anthem in the theatres. Certain celebrities like Vineeth Sreenivasan, Maniyanpilla Raju etc., did come out to express their views. Mohanlal is the latest Mollywood celebrity who has expressed his opinion on the same.

Mohanlal has come out in support of the decision of the Supreme Court. The actor opened up about this during a special interview given to Manorama News.

According to him, playing National Anthem in the theatres is something which sholudn't be opposed by anyone and is something which shouldn't made into a controversy. He also added that, such a custom could even be considered as a respect that we are showing towards cinema.In fact, in the recently concluded IFFK 2016, certain section of audiences did protest by not standing up while the National Anthem was played in the theatres and they were taken in to custody for showing disrespect towards the National Anthem.

Here Is What Mohanlal Has To Say About Playing National Anthem In Theatres! - Filmibeat

Jomol, Vineeth Kumar to team up after 27 years...

Actress Jomol, who was an active presence in Malayalam cinema of the 90s, is making a comeback to films, through V K Prakash's Careful. We had already announced that Vijay Babu will be doing the lead role in the film, an investigative thriller. Jomol will be seen as a homemaker, wife to the character played by Vineeth Kumar. "We are shown as a happy couple with a daughter. Something happens to the family, and a series of events ensue. Incidentally, I began my film career as a child actress in Oru Vadakkan Veeragadha, in 1989 where I was Unniyarcha and Vineeth Kumar was Chandu! I told him I have returned to haunt him." (laughs).
Ask her why she chose to make a comeback now and she replies, "VKP is a family friend and when he told me there is a nice character for me in his film, I didn't think twice. He is someone whom I trust, and even if you have just a few scenes in his film, it would be worth it, I felt. He is also good to work with, a school in itself, and I said I don't even want to know more about the character, that I'm in."

Jomol aka Gauri, who had been living in Mumbai and Trivandrum post marriage, has now moved to Kochi for the sake of her kids' education, she says. "My girls are 12 and 8 years old now and I thought I would give it a try if I got a good film offer. But I never actively went out looking for roles, I just considered those which came to me. I didn't want to do anything for the sake of it, so rejected a few offers. I have a good role in Careful, though I'm not allowed to speak more about it."

And what does she think of the new face of Malayalam cinema now? "To be honest, I'm totally clueless of the scenario now. I told this to VKP too, and he said, 'Earlier, it was acting, now it is behaving, you can do it'. There is no need of getting anxious before going to a set like the old.' So I'm going with an open mind."

Jomol comeback: Jomol, Vineeth Kumar to team up after 27 years - Times of India

Dulquer Salmaan's Role In Amal Neerad Movie: Interesting Details Revealed...

Dulquer Salmaan is joining hands with film-maker Amal Neerad, for his upcoming untitled love story. The sources close to the project recently revealed some interesting details about Dulquer's role in the movie.Interestingly, the actor is playing the role of Aji John, a Pala-based young man. He falls in love with a girl whom he meets in Pala, but she later migrates to the USA following some unfortunate incidents.Aji John travels to the USA in search of his girlfriend and discovers several hidden details about her life. The movie depicts how Aji overcomes the hurdles he faces during the journey and reconciles with his lover.

Karthika Muralidharan, the daughter of renowned cinematographer CK Muralidharan, is making her acting debut as the female lead opposite Dulquer. Details regarding her role in the movie are yet to be revealed.John Vijay, the popular Tamil actor appears in a key role in the movie. Reportedly, John is playing a very important character, which has several shades. Soubin Shahir and Jinu Joseph appear in the supporting roles.The third schedule shooting of the movie is progressing at the various locations of Latin America. Reportedly, the team is planning to have a grand New Year celebration at the location of the movie, in Las Vegas.

Dulquer Salmaan's Role In Amal Neerad Movie: Interesting Details Revealed - Filmibeat

Jayaram Dazzles In The New Poster Of Sathya...

e733bf18153d62589bdcce44ce508227.jpg

Actor Jayaram is all set for an image makeover with his upcoming movies. It seems like he is quite careful about committing new projects and he is all set to enthrall his fans with movies of different genre.
The actor will be next seen in director Diphan's upcoming film Sathya, a film which is expected to be in the lines of a road movie. The new poster of the film is out and the actor could be seen in an all new look.

The actor himself shared the new poster of the film through his Facebook page. Jayaram has sported a beard for the movie and in one word the actor looks simply stylish.

Reportedly, the shoot of the movie has been completed. The film went on floors in March 2016 and shot in various locations like Ernbakulam, Pondicherry etc.

The film has its script written by A K Saajan, who is well-known for thrillers that he has scripted. The film also marks the comeback of Roma after a brief break. Parvathy Nambiar would also be seen as one of the female leads of the movie.

Apart from them, the film also features Mzajor Ravi, Sudheer Karamana etc., in important roles. Nothing much has been revealed about the release date of the movie.

Jayaram Dazzles In The New Poster Of Sathya! - Filmibeat

Sathyan Anthikad reacts to Christmas season sans new movie releases in Malayalam...

We all know about the ongoing tiff between Kerala Film Producers Association (KFPA) and Kerala Film Exhibitors Federation (KFEF) over the sharing of theatre collection which led to a Christmas season without new Malayalam movies released. The films such as Dulquer Salmaan's 'Jomonte Suviseshangal', Mohanlal's 'Munthirivallikal Thalirkumbol', Prithviraj Sukumaran's 'Ezra' and Jayasurya's 'Fukri' were scheduled to lock horns against each other during this Christmas season. And it did not happen due to the above issue.
Reacting to a festival season sans new movie releases in Kerala, veteran director recently wrote in a leading daily that Government should intervene to make sure that no festival season should face such a crisis again as it is the right of the viewers to watch expected releases. He also wrote that cinema is not just about money but is an art. So Government should make an attempt to ban such strikes during the festival season.

Jomonte Suviseshangal: Sathyan Anthikad reacts to Christmas season sans new movie releases in Malayalam - Times of India

Lucifer Will Definitely Happen: Prithviraj...

Prithviraj, the young actor is all set to make his directorial debut with the upcoming Mohanlal starrer, Lucifer. In a recent interview, Prithviraj cleared the rumours regarding Lucifer and revealed the actual status of the project.
The actor clarified that the movie is very much in the pipeline, but will not start rolling in near future. Prithviraj rubbished the rumours which stated that Lucifer has been shelved.

But, Prithvi states that it is impossible to start working on such a huge project, without any preparations. The actor also revealed that he will take a one-year gap from acting, to concentrate on Lucifer.

Prithviraj is planning to complete all his committed projects, including the much-awaited Aadujeevitham and Karnan, before devoting his time to Lucifer. He is confident that the one-year gap will not affect his acting career.

Reportedly, the team is yet to finalise anything regarding the rest of the star cast of the project. Prithviraj clarified that the project has absolutely no connection with the project Lucifer, planned by late. Rajesh Pillai.

According to the actor, Mohanlal and producer Antony Perumbavoor immediately agreed when writer Murali Gopy suggested him as the director of the project. Reportedly, the team will release the official first look of the movie, soon.

Lucifer Will Definitely Happen: Prithviraj - Filmibeat

Mohanlal: Munthirivallikal Thalirkumbol will have situational humour...

Mohanlal's upcoming release Munthirivallikal Thalirkumbol has already garnered a huge response from its trailer and songs. The movie, directed by Jibu Jacob, brings together the Drishyam team of Mohanlal and Meena and is touted to be a family entertainer.
The film is also the actor's next after Pulimurugan, which broke all box office records this year. Ask Mohanlal if Munthirivallikal Thalirkumbol will have the weight of expectations and the superstar says, "Our audience are well versed and aware of what type of movie they are watching. Munthirivallikal Thalirkumbol is a film by Vellimoonga director Jibu Jacob and it has Meena and me in it. When they see a poster with me in a mundu and a bucket, they are convinced it's an ordinary movie about a panchayat secretary. It has situational humour. It's about the problems of a common man. The movie has down to earth characters that people can identify with. It also explores the relationships of son-father, husband-wife and friends."
The movie was supposed to hit theatres before Christmas but has not yet released due to the standoff between the Kerala producers union and exhibitors association.

Mohanlal: Munthirivallikal Thalirkumbol will have situational humour - Times of India

Despite theatre strike, Jomonte Suviseshangal surges in popularity...

The film's latest song teaser has gone viral
Sathyan Anthikad''s Jomonte Suviseshangal was supposed to hit theatres on Dec 16 but has not yet been released, thanks to the standoff between Kerala theatres forum and that of the film producers. However, that's not stopping the movie's team from going all out to promote the movie.
The latest teaser of the movie's song, Neelakasham, was released on Friday and has been getting repeated views online within hours of its release. The film, which has Dulquer Salmaan, Aishwarya Rajesh and Anupama Parameswaran, was the first movie to be called off due to the strike.

Recently, the movie's director Sathyan Anthikad wrote in a daily that Government should intervene to make sure that no festival season should face such a crisis again as it is the right of the viewers to watch expected releases.

Dulquer Salmaan: Despite theatre strike, Jomonte Suviseshangal surges in popularity - Times of India

Kaadu Pookkuna Neram to hit theatres in January...

Dr Biju''s Kaadu Pookuna Neram is gearing up to hit theatres in January 2017 after a critically acclaimed run at festival circuits earlier this year. The movie has Indrajith and Rima Kallingal in the lead.
The film had earlier made the long list of movies that were eligible for nominations for the Golden Globe Awards and was screened for the Hollywood Foreign Press Association in Los Angeles, USA.

On the movie, Indrajith had earlier told us, "It is a film which follows two individuals - a police constable and a woman Maoist suspect - who get stuck in a forest under certain circumstances. During the course of four days, the policeman comes across several harsh truths about the conditions of Dalits and tribals who live in the area, and that brings about a change in his perspective."

Indrajith: Kaadu Pookkuna Neram to hit theatres in January - Times of India

Amala, Prakash Raj to sing for Ratheesh Vega’s compositions...

Music director Ratheesh Vega is no stranger to roping in actors to sing for his compositions in movies; he has already had Mamta Mohandas and Jayaram go behind the microphone for his previous venture Aadupuliyattam.
Up next, actress Amala Paul will make her Mollywood singing debut in Achayans and Prakash Raj too will be belting out another catchy number for the film.

In a recent interview to KT, Amala had said, "I'm going to sing in Malayalam. This is going to be my first. (Tamil director) Susi Ganeshan sir has also asked me if I can sing, but I don't know. I realised that if I don't push myself now, when will I do it? This is the right time for me to explore new things."
On her track, Ratheesh tells us, "Hers will be a fast, upbeat number. I am currently working on the tune and we are hoping to record it by next week." So, how did he end up roping in Amala for the song? "During one of our casual conversations, she expressed an interest to sing as she is passionate about it. I took her up on the offer."

Prakash Raj, who is also acting in Achayans along with Amala, will lend his voice for a folk song, says the music director. "He loved the track that I have composed in Tamil style. So, he said he will sing it himself," says Ratheesh.
The movie, which is directed by Kannan Thamarakulam, is currently being shot in Kothamangalam and also has Jayaram, Unni Mukundan and Sshivada. While Jayaram had sung a 'naadan paattu' for his earlier venture, Ratheesh says that this time there are no plans of getting the actor to croon a track.

dhanush: Amala, Prakash Raj to sing for Ratheesh Vega’s compositions - Times of India

Back
Top Bottom