Malayalam Movies Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Rajkumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 782
  • Views Views: Views 75,452
Shine Tom Chacko film 'Isabella'...

'Isabella' is a new film featuring Shine Tom Chacko in the lead role. The movie is the debut directorial venture of ad filmmaker and film editor Ajay Devaloka.

The title of the film is launched by well known producer Goodnight Mohan. He was the producer of the 1988 film 'Isabella'
Advertisement

But the new film has no connection with the old 'Isabella', than in its title. Rajeev Pillai does a prominent role. 'Isabella' narrates an incident that happened in India 475 years back.

Shine Tom Chacko film 'Isabella'

'Panchara Paalu Mittayi' produced by Devi Ajith...

Actress Devi Ajith turns producer. Her maiden production venture is titled 'Panchara Paalu Mittayi'. The movie is directed by Sharon K Vipin.

The script and dialogues of this love story are written by Maneesh K C. Shiju Guruvayoor is the cinematographer. The music is scored by 4 Musics

'Panchara Paalu Mittayi' is produced jointly by Devi Ajith and Cyril C John under the banner of Clarion and Trumpets.

'Panchara Paalu Mittayi' produced by Devi Ajith

Aju Varghese plays +2 student in 'Aby'...

Aju Varghese does the role of a plus two student in the forthcoming movie 'Aby' directed by Srikanth Murali. Vineeth Sreenivasan plays the title character.

The movie progresses through four stages in the life of Kunjoottan and Aby played by Aju Varghese and Vineeth Sreenivasan respectively

Aju Varghese posted his photo in school uniform, with a bag on his back on his Facebook page with the title "Kunjoottanum Kudumbavum."

Aju Varghese does the role of the friend of Vineeth Sreenivasan's character Aby who dreams to fly. Mareena Michael is the heroine. The script is penned by Santhosh Aechikkanam.

Aju Varghese plays +2 student in 'Aby'

Prayaga Martin And Roshan Mathew Roped In For 'Vishwasapoorvam Mansoor'...

Film-maker P T Kunjimuhammed, who have contributed some critically acclaimed Malayalam movies. Is all set to make a comeback, after a brief break. The director's previous release was Veeraputhren, which had actor Narain in the lead role.Reportedly, the director's upcoming film has been titled as Vishwasapoorvam Mansoor. Young actor Roshan Mathew, who was recently seen in Vineeth Sreenivasan's debut production venture Aanandam, will do the lead role in the movie. Actress Prayaga Martin has been roped in to play the female lead role.

Roshan Mathew will play the role of Mansoor, a guy who dreams to make it big in films. If reports are to be believed, the film will address some social issues much like the previous films of the director.
Vishwasapoorvam Mansoor has its story by Jayakrishnan Kaavil whereas the screenplay and dialogues of the film have been written by the director himself.Apart from Roshan Mathew and Prayaga Martin, the film will also feature actors like Renji Panicker, Shwetha Menon, Sajitha Madathil, Sivaji Guruvayoor etc., in important roles. The film will be produced by K V Mohanan under the banner Legion films. The film is expected to hit the theatres in 2017.

Prayaga Martin And Roshan Mathew Roped In For Vishwasapoorvam Mansoor! - Filmibeat

Mohanlal: If Sreenivasan and I team up again, we want the movie to be really good...

Mohanlal and Sreenivasan have been the dream duo in the 80s! The two have teamed up for several hits including Nadodikaattu, Sanmanassulavarkku Samadhaanam and Varavelpu.
Recently, director Sathyan Anthikad had said that the he is planning to helm a movie with Mohanlal and Sreenivasan based on the latter's script. Ask Mohanlal how the project is developing and he says, "There is no story yet. If a movie materialises, let it happen. When we come together, we want it to be entertaining for our audience. Now people expect a lot and unless you are confident of doing a really good film, I think we should never attempt it."

Ask him if the weight of expectations of their previous hits has been a reason why the duo have only acted in few films of late and he says, "You should never say that our films should be like the ones we had done earlier. There is no scope for such subjects now. It's been 30 years since Sanmanassullavarkku Samadhanam released. Back then, there were a lot of problems about tenants not vacating houses. So, it was easier to relate to. Films of that era had subjects that touched social life. Cinema has changed and people now want fast-paced movies

Mohanlal's next release is Jibu Jacob's Munthirivallikal Thallirkumbol, which is directed by Jibu Jacob and has him teaming up with Meena.

Mohanlal: If Sreenivasan and I team up again, we want the movie to be really good - Times of India

Mammootty in Alphonse Puthren's next...

Malayalis are eagerly waiting for the third movie of Alphonse Puthren who gave them two super hits, 'Neram' and 'Premam'. According to the reports, Alphonse is planning to do his next with superstar Mammooty. And the shoot will begin post shooting of Shyamdar's Mamootty film in which he plays an Idukkikaran.
News were abuzz that Alphonse will be doing a multi-starrer movie next. However, the latest rumour is that it will be with Mammooty and will be made in Tamil and Malayalam. His previous films, 'Neram' and Premam were remade in Tamil and Kannada. Let's wait and see what's cooking next...

Premam: Mammootty in Alphonse Puthren's next? - Times of India

Nayan and Nivin in Dhyan's directorial debut?...

Guess, there is double delight for Malayali movie buffs this New Year. Actor Dhyan Sreenivasan, son of Sreenivasan, is all set to don the director's hat. According to his friends, the actor who is also the brother of Vineeth Sreenivasan has been working on the script of the film for the past six months.
It seems his film will bring together South Indian glam girl Nayanthara and Mollywood's heartthrob Nivin Pauly. Apparently, the film will go on floors in the end of 2017 and will be made in multiple languages. We could expect a fabulous performance and a fantastic film if Nivin and Nayathara come together! Let's wait and see...

Nayan and Nivin in Dhyan's directorial debut? - Times of India

Aswathi Menon returns to M’wood with Role Models...

Remember the amber eyed Aswathi Menon, in the film Satyam Sivam Sundaram?
The bubbly actress, who debuted in the movie, was away from big screen for a while. And now, she is all set to make a comeback with the Fahadh-starrer Role Models, directed by Rafi.

Aswathi says she is excited that her second innings will also be helmed by Rafi, who launched her as an actress. "Though I was initially nervous to be back on the sets, my faith in Rafi ikka restored my confidence. It is a terrific opportunity to return to films, that too in one, which has Fahadh Faasil in the lead role," she says.
On her role, she says, "I play Lucy, who is from Goa. Though it's a small role, it is pivotal to the plot. I am hopeful that my acting would be noticed and it will leave a mark."

Ask Ashwathi how she landed the part and she says, "As soon as I landed in India, I happened to talk to Rafi ikka. He casually asked me to come to Goa, and I was thinking it would be a good vacation for me. After a while, he asked me to send a few snaps of mine, which I did. Soon, I got a call from him, asking me to pack the bags and get on-board to Goa for a shoot!"
So, what kept her busy these years? The actress says that back then, the roles that were coming her way were not exciting. "Also, my family moved to Dubai. And, I embarked on a new trail as a marketing manager in a firm. Though I was not part of films, I was doing theatre productions and that kept me busy and connected with the art world."
Before signing off, she says that it was her family's constant support that brought her back to films. "My husband always tells me to follow my passion and pursue things I love to do. I am happy that I started acting again."

Namitha Pramod: Aswathi Menon returns to M’wood with Role Models - Times of India

Mammootty & Vysakh With Pokkiri Raja Sequel...

Mammootty and Vysakh, the highly celebrated actor-director duo is all set to join hands once again. The duo is teaming once again, for the sequel of the 2010-released blockbuster Pokkiri Raja.
Vysakh announced the news, in a recent interview. The project, which has been titled as Raja 2 is not a continuation of Pokkiri Raja. It narrates another episode in the life of the character Raja, played by Mammootty.

Pokkiri Raja, which marked the directorial debut of Vysakh, had Mammootty and Prithviraj in the lead roles. It is yet to be revealed that whether Prithviraj will be a part of the sequel, which is written by Uday Krishna.

The movie is produced by Tomichan Mulakupadam, who has also produced Vysakh's latest directorial venture Pulimurugan. Mammootty fans are extremely excited about the megastar's association with Pulimurugan.

According to director Vysakh, Raja 2 will be a complete entertainment package which will equally satisfy the Mammootty fans and family audiences. The team is yet to finalise the rest of the star cast.

Mammootty has allotted a 100-days call sheet for the movie, which is expected to start rolling soon. Vysakh, who is currently in Australia, is planning to start the pre-production of the movie by the next week.

CONFIRMED: Mammootty & Vysakh With Pokkiri Raja Sequel - Filmibeat

Prithviraj was always interested to direction: Mohanlal...

Mohanlal and Prithviraj are set to team up in a highly-anticipated project titled Lucifer, which is scripted by Murali Gopy. We recently caught up with Mohanlal to ask him if he has had any directorial ambitions like Prithviraj who will be making his debut as a filmmaker with the movie.
"It's a different field altogether. I can chumma direct but that won't do justice to a movie," says Mohanlal. "If you look at an actor like Prithviraj, he's someone who was interested in direction from the start. He watches and studies movies for that purpose. For that, I have to find time. I have to stop acting and write a script; but all of that is a huge task."

The actor says that he was never keen to take up direction and acting has always been the focus. "If I get a good story, a good cameraman and associate director, I can direct but that's not doing justice to the art. And I haven't thought about direction at all," he says

Lucifer: Prithviraj was always interested to direction: Mohanlal - Times of India

Back
Top Bottom