DTH updates Minimum Tata Play Recharge To Increase From Rs.100 To Rs.200

Vadirocks

Industry Insider
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Breaking News

Hi All,

We are changing the minimum recharge amount from ₹100 to ₹200 across all the 3rd Party platforms between 28th and 29th Aug and on our own platform from 30th Aug 2023.

Heart breaking news
When minimum ncf ,₹153 how could they force to recharge with ₹200 😡
Let me explain u simply
TataSky used to offer premium and quality services before NTO
People who need and love premium and quality services used TataSky
After NTO regulations from TRAI TataSky unable to charge premium pricing for the service they offer But at the same time
TataSky started adding subs because for the same price they will get great service
But it is not possible to give great service for low price
So , now TataPlay Has Two Options either give normal quality service and charge less
Or charge for premium services and improve the service like old days maybe TataPlay is choosing second option

And recharging 200 is not big problem anyway they are still providing temporary suspension service for free and unlimited times
People are recharging 200 minimum per sim connection people paying 400-500 atleast for broadband connection both those services doesn’t offer 10 20 rupees packs

So why only DTH industry need to allow small recharges aren’t they providing service

Ofcourse some people may leave the service but they can’t stay forever with that low prices

Last edited:
Let me explain u simply
After NTO regulations from TRAI TataSky unable to charge premium pricing for the service they offer But at the same time
TataSky started adding subs because for the same price they will get great service
So , now TataPlay Has Two Options either give normal quality service and charge less
Or charge for premium services and improve the service like old days maybe TataPlay is choosing second option

And recharging 200 is not big problem anyway they are still providing temporary suspension service for free and unlimited times
People are recharging 200 minimum per sim connection people paying 400-500 atleast for broadband connection both those services doesn’t offer 10 20 rupees packs

So why only DTH industry need to allow small recharges aren’t they providing service

Ofcourse some people may leave the service but they can’t stay forever with that low prices
Agree with you bro 🙂

Let me explain u simply

I hope members will also apply same logic for Airtel Digital TV implementing 30 day lock in policy for a-la-carte channels to increase ARPU as it will lead to subscribers opting for bouquets or Top Ups while even if they opt for standalone channels still it will help airtel earn more revenue.

But i always see that when Tata Play implements such policies be it above thing or discontinuing free service visit fee and charging for the same...plus recently increasing this fee then many members find reasons to justify its need thereby stating that it is correct decision but when Airtel Digital TV does make such changes in policies then it is criticised.

Also i would rather prefer Tata Play not giving channel packs at Re. 1 under Jingalala Offers rather than increasing other fees / charges

Both policies are still day and night difference..30 days lock in means they are charging full money for the period whereas ₹200 minimum recharge means it's still your money , you have full freedom to add/remove channel unlimited times within a month!

Practically there is no pack with ₹100, so any customer need to recharge minimum ₹153 , in ideal scenario it will easily be ₹200 .

While after 30 days lock in period by airtel, many fan said other dth will implement the same which didn't happen but after this move by tataplay I am pretty sure airtel will implement the same😂

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock