DTH updates Minimum Tata Play Recharge To Increase From Rs.100 To Rs.200

Tata Play stating that "minimum recharge amount has been increased for providing convenience to subscribers so that they can watch TV for longer number of days without interruption" seems to be a totally flawed reasoning to give

If a customer wanted to watch TV for more days then earlier too he/she were free to recharge with whatever amount they wish to...by raising minimum recharge amount Tata Play has actually made it mandatory for subscribers to spend more money on recharge even though some would be wanting to recharge with lower denomination. Yes one can opt for temporary suspension and use account balance as and when needed but still my point is that money gets deposited with Tata Play and cannot be credited back.

Soon Tata Play may also levy Late Payment Fee and charges for Temporary Suspension too to increase ARPU or may be keep it free but have a limit on number of times subscribers can opt for this service. Also they may even change policy and not allow pause the box option for secondary connections.

Currently if one has both HD DVR (primary), HD Box (secondary ) and wants to make HD DVR as secondary connection and HD as primary connection then customer care says that all recordings on HD DVR will stand lost ......this again is an issue which Tata Play team needs to resolve which will really in true sense provide convenience to its subscribers

Last edited:
Guys off topic discussion gone above 50 posts
Any ways ₹1 is still the minimum recharge

Tata Play stating that "minimum recharge amount has been increased for providing convenience to subscribers so that they can watch TV for longer number of days without interruption" seems to be a totally flawed reasoning to give

If a customer wanted to watch TV for more days then earlier too he/she were free to recharge with whatever amount they wish to...by raising minimum recharge amount Tata Play has actually made it mandatory for subscribers to spend more money on recharge even though some would be wanting to recharge with lower denomination. Yes one can opt for temporary suspension and use account balance as and when needed but still my point is that money gets deposited with Tata Play and cannot be credited back.

Soon Tata Play may also levy Late Payment Fee and charges for Temporary Suspension too to increase ARPU or may be keep it free but have a limit on number of times subscribers can opt for this service. Also they may even change policy and not allow pause the box option for secondary connections.

Currently if one has both HD DVR (primary), HD Box (secondary ) and wants to make HD DVR as secondary connection and HD as primary connection then customer care says that all recordings on HD DVR will stand lost ......this again is an issue which Tata Play team needs to resolve which will really in true sense provide convenience to its subscribers
Rather than focussing on what tataplay can or night or may do, you should focus on your own airtel existing problems and take it up with your manager to solve

Remove lock-in period
Add mtv beats hd ( don't give false hope we are listening same thing it will be added for many months now)
Add dedicated lcns for fav
Develop a good dedicated app like tataplay.. current app is a mess and can't beat tataplay app from any angle.
Give similar quality jingalala offers like tataplay ( don't bring airtel black comparison we are talking about normal customers)

Allow customer to watch programmes/live channels from mobile app
Make customer care easier to reach like tataplay.

From my side I want just mtv beats hd and dedicated lcn for fav, If these 2 are added , I will become a airtel customer but we all know that is never going to happen 😂

The same way who is Adtv to put lock in period for channels while other operators not doing so to loot customers .. if other dth not having any issue in doing so why Adtv only they're cunning to loot from customers pocket
The same you said on lock in period implementation in TP then rest is history 🤣🤣 .. I know ur egarly want TP to implement all these sh#t from Adtv to satisfy ur stand or equalise the adtv sh#t decisions all the best to you

Just to conclude by not having access to &XPlor HD channel Tata Play subscribers are certainly missing out on watching so many good critically acclaimed, offbeat, meaningful and even various mainstream bollywood movies which r aired through the daily on this channel....some of these movies might be getting aired few times on And Pictures HD in evening slot or on few occasions during daytime as SD feed airs some old bollywood movie but still most other movies aired on &Xplor do not get aired at prime slots on other hindi movie channels on zee network

Rather than continuosly stating that Airtel Digital TV is not adding MTV HD, MTV Beats HD, Vh1 HD which as i have said r not missed much bcoz of reasons i mentioned in previous posts and will be added very soon, there should be discussion and demand for addition of And Xplor HD on Tata Play platform as it is an excellent hindi movie channel
Once Tata play adds &Xplor HD then I want to see how you will counter all these claims

You will be speechless and will have nothing to say once all pending channels are added

Get ready @dino29 bro, channel additions is just around the corner 😀

I am not sure.. A senior official of tataplay told that they may soon gonna introduce ' minimum recharge @ 50 rs or less' for active subscriber. !

If it happen one can do a lesser value recharge prior to his/her account suspension

My story with Airtel: I purchased stb with 6month hd subscription, then i need some broadcaster bouquets and some individual channels but i can’t add. Due to no balance and they are not utilise from my 6 month pack. So I topup minimum 100rs to activate those channels.

I hate this strategy and struck for the 6 months. But I love the feature of skip unsubscribed channels(not available all boxes, available in few models only). Then next the sound quality is better and rich color PQ.

Then I disappointed with favourite button and fav channels numbers, Try to remember lcn numbers but keep forgetting the numbers and hate my channel change experience and avoid to watch tv with boring chanels. My favourite VH1hd really missed is one of the reason.

After that NTO2.0 implemented, some of my old nto1.0 broadcaster bouquets can’t able to remove from app and not easy to connect cc also. Same like their mobile network cc😈

And the last stage, my 6month package going to over and that time i got 50 in my account balance. But after my 6month expired they are not take this 50rs in dbr basis, instead of deactivated immediately. So I rush to recharge the minimum balance rs 100 to activate till change the dth. as I am not aware about the disconnection charges and the minimum recharge. So i topuped 100rs from airtel app to my account and the channels not activated. My thinking they use the money in dbr basis like dishtv, d2h. then i called cc, they said you have topup again 150rs + disconnection charges. Really fed up with their worst strategy thrown the stb with 150rs balance.

Now I moved to Tataplay and satisfied with their service and quality. But now also the airtel keep call and disturbing to recharge their dth. After gave all my explanation and reason also keep calling weekly twice🤦🏻

Worst experience with Airtel, Still continuing with their Market calls🙆🏻‍♂️

Dedicated to Airtel Fanboys

My story with Airtel: I purchased stb with 6month hd subscription, then i need some broadcaster bouquets and some individual channels but i can’t add. Due to no balance and they are not utilise from my 6 month pack. So I topup minimum 100rs to activate those channels.

I hate this strategy and struck for the 6 months. But I love the feature of skip unsubscribed channels(not available all boxes, available in few models only). Then next the sound quality is better and rich color PQ.

Then I disappointed with favourite button and fav channels numbers, Try to remember lcn numbers but keep forgetting the numbers and hate my channel change experience and avoid to watch tv with boring chanels. My favourite VH1hd really missed is one of the reason.

After that NTO2.0 implemented, some of my old nto1.0 broadcaster bouquets can’t able to remove from app and not easy to connect cc also. Same like their mobile network cc😈

And the last stage, my 6month package going to over and that time i got 50 in my account balance. But after my 6month expired they are not take this 50rs in dbr basis, instead of deactivated immediately. So I rush to recharge the minimum balance rs 100 to activate till change the dth. as I am not aware about the disconnection charges and the minimum recharge. So i topuped 100rs from airtel app to my account and the channels not activated. My thinking they use the money in dbr basis like dishtv, d2h. then i called cc, they said you have topup again 150rs + disconnection charges. Really fed up with their worst strategy thrown the stb with 150rs balance.

Now I moved to Tataplay and satisfied with their service and quality. But now also the airtel keep call and disturbing to recharge their dth. After gave all my explanation and reason also keep calling weekly twice🤦🏻

Worst experience with Airtel, Still continuing with their Market calls🙆🏻‍♂️

Dedicated to Airtel Fanboys
Bro your story and mine 100% same😳

Rather than focussing on what tataplay can or night or may do, you should focus on your own airtel existing problems and take it up with your manager to solve

Remove lock-in period
Add mtv beats hd ( don't give false hope we are listening same thing it will be added for many months now)
Add dedicated lcns for fav
Develop a good dedicated app like tataplay.. current app is a mess and can't beat tataplay app from any angle.
Give similar quality jingalala offers like tataplay ( don't bring airtel black comparison we are talking about normal customers)

Allow customer to watch programmes/live channels from mobile app
Make customer care easier to reach like tataplay.

From my side I want just mtv beats hd and dedicated lcn for fav, If these 2 are added , I will become a airtel customer but we all know that is never going to happen 😂

Buddy, had u been paying attention to the content of my posts then u would have not made the above statement....as i have stated so many times in the past that i believe in having productive discussions in the forum and do share feedback with all brands which i use wherein i appreciate the good things alongwith highlighting shortcomings / areas where improvements r needed and even try to provide solutions for it

So please don't divert from the topic and instead try to add some useful points in the discussion.

You can switch to Airtel Digital TV or continue with whichever DTH or Cable TV operator that best serves ur requirements. Airtel Digital TV will add MTV Beats HD and all other channels and even make changes in favorite channel listing arrangement if need arises....as i have said u may be unhappy but for most people favourite option is not needed or current system of storing 20 channels in each favourite profile serves the purpose well rather than allocating LCN slots for them

Once Tata play adds &Xplor HD then I want to see how you will counter all these claims

You will be speechless and will have nothing to say once all pending channels are added

Get ready @dino29 bro, channel additions is just around the corner 😀

Buddy why r u again making out of context comments and perceiving my statements in wrong manner.

I just said that just like many members r daily questioning about MTV Beats HD not being added since long on Airtel Digital TV Platform even thoigh there is no urgent need for the same and i have explained reason for delay of many such channels but when i mentioned that Tata Play too has not added much more important channels like And XPlor HD since its long then u and other members get unnecessarily agitated rather than giving logical reasoning for the same as u expect same from me/others.

Also please come out of this fictional thought / delusion that i am pro or anti any brand....i just mention things as they stand and offer suggestions for bettering the service offering. If any operator or brand does a good thing i will be happy and if anything is not good then i will also highlight the same.

You guys accuse me of being pro airtel or disney star which is total farce and i have proved the same but i sorry to say but there r many members who surely cannot tolerate anything negative about Tata Play even though i never indulge is labelling any operator good or bad but just point out to positive things and shortcomings.

Do not worry i will never be speechless if Tata Play adds pending channels or others do but rather like always i will appreciate a good decision and criticise a wrong one.

Being a responsible customer i perform my duty to give honest opinion and suggestions to improve things while u r simply trying to cover up negative points of Tata Play which in turn is not a wise thing to do.

Lastly if Airtel Digital TV was so bad as many members make it out to be then they won't have shown consistent growth in DTH space for such a long period... much of the things stated by many members against airtel r either not the complete facts or untrue things

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock