My New Tata Sky HD Box - Review

Re: RE: My New Tata Sky HD Box - Review

DTH Fan said:
If I can remember, DishTV Tru HD+ box also doesn't contain any button except power button, then how it wins in this area? Also you forgot about hardware quality of STB. TS STB h/w quality is the best among all DTH.

Universal remote has worked for all TVs for me. I have used it with 1 LG LCD TV and 2 Sony LED TVs and it always worked fine. DishTV doesn't provide universal remote, then how it wins? Also IMO buttons on TS remote have been put at correct positions and are easy to remember.

Again you forgot that DishTV doesn't provide any STB with built-in hard disk recording like TS and ADTV provide.

----------------------------------------

IMO Tata Sky has the best STB among all DTH service providers but picture quality of DishTV is the best among all. Also if we talk about no of channels, DishTV wins again. If DishTV introduces better STBs with built-in hard disk and series recording functionality like Tata Sky, I'll immediately switch to DishTV.
This is what i tried to say in my post.

Thanks DTH FAN.

DTH Fan said:
If I can remember, DishTV Tru HD+ box also doesn't contain any button except power button, then how it wins in this area? Also you forgot about hardware quality of STB. TS STB h/w quality is the best among all DTH.

Wait, Dish Tru HD+ box has 3 buttons, one for power and the other 2 to change the channels.

@DTHFan

My Dish TV STB Contains Channel Changing Buttons Along With Power Button, Hardware Quality I Never Get In Problem With My Any STB, Particularly Dish TV Has 5.1 Output Where Tata Sky Doesn't.

In Dish TV Remote There Are Buttons For Recording Play Pause Forward Backward Next Previous Tata Sky Doesn't Have Even If They Provide We Need To Get New Remote, For Exit Option They Given TV Button That Too Button Kept On Top It's Also Irritates But Dish TV Kept It Very Well Near To Menu Bar

Here Am I Talking About DVR STB?

It's About HD Only,

Everyone Can't Buy DVR For Recording So The Best Options Is USB Recording Only Hardly A Few Have DVR STB So Here You Get To Know For Which One People Gives Preferences

Hardware Quality:

I Don't Understand Your Statement Dish TV STB Quality Looks Good I'm Using Since 3 Years Never Got Any Issue, In What Parameter You Guys Rating It?

you are very much connected with dish tv remote from last three years.so its looks irritates you, if you go for new piece.also both remotes are not similar.you are comparing ts with dish tv remote by considering dish tv remote as standard one.so this review is not valid.

dinesh19 said:
you are very much connected with dish tv remote from last three years.so its looks irritates you, if you go for new piece.also both remotes are not similar.you are comparing ts with dish tv remote by considering dish tv remote as standard one.so this review is not valid.

Not Valid Lol First Time Hearing This

Well

Maximum I Used To Deal With Videocon Only, I Bought Videocon After 8 Months After Dish TV And I Bought Videocon Due To Star Sports HD Channels

Even Videocon Remote Looks Good And That Too With RF Facility I Don't Like It.

@Vadi ,dont feel bad but ..
Frankly speaking that this actually bcome a Comparison and not a review .. u have compared 3 DTH and posted the Verdict of Winner .. AFAIK A review is on the certain DTH about its PQ.AQ UI and other aspects and not comparison with other DTH .. hope u got it ..
Am i right .. :)

Vadirocks said:
My Review:

I Have Videocon D2H HD/Dish TruHD/Tata Sky HD - Will Compare Which One Is Good

STB:

Looks Good, Bit Weight, USB Port At Back Side,No 5.1 Output (Only SPDIF Out For 5.1),
No Channel Changing Buttons (If Remote Lossed/Damaged Then That's It Can't Change From Home Channel), No LED Lights For Ch. Numbers.

Verdict : Dish TruHD Wins
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
User Interface:

Good And Fast, If We Press Ok Button Channel List Not Coming (Really Bad And Irritating),
No Option To Swap Audio Between Stereo To
5.1 DD.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remote:

Working Very Well, But Not Looking Good, Universal Remote Not Working With My TV (Sony LED 32 Inches).

Picture Quality:

Really Good, Basically Contrast And Brightness Looks High With Default Settings But With Default Settings, PQ In Dish TruHD & D2H Looks Bit Dull Once Changed Picture Settings Everything Looks Same.

Verdict : Tie
Audio Quality:

Good, Clear But Differs From Channel To Channel (May Be Due To Content Issue).

Verdict : I Can't Say Which Is Better And It's A Tie.
Packages:

Looks Costly With Good HD Channels In It. But Really Costly

Verdict : Videocon D2H Wins
USB Recording:

Sorry Guys It's Not Available So Sad.

Conclusion:

Tata Sky A Good DTH With Mixture Of Good And Bad In It, There Are Certain Areas They Need To Change Very Quickly, Particularly USB Recording They Must Enable It.

Final Verdict: Tata Sky HD Not Recommended

Sorry Friends Can't Post Images Due To Slow Internet

Why you compare and say Tata Sky is waste in tata sky section...

ban him

Mr.Kumarbhai said:
@Vadi ,dont feel bad but ..
Frankly speaking that this actually bcome a Comparison and not a review .. u have compared 3 DTH and posted the Verdict of Winner .. AFAIK A review is on the certain DTH about its PQ.AQ UI and other aspects and not comparison with other DTH .. hope u got it ..
Am i right .. :)

Definitely My Intention Is Also To Find Out The Better One

While Giving These Kind of Comparison With Review It Won't Looks Like Review

But It's

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock