Netflix is here, how TS is going to respond?

Agree with you all, I also think this is not proper time to launch netflix in india. but will be popular in future sure. we have to improve our internet service, and dth is still more preffered in those cuntries also where netflix runing successfully.

Rushil.D said:
we need cheaper 4 Mbps or 8 Mbps Plans from Stable ISP in India :'(

And most importantly that too in reasonable cost like Rs 150 to 200 pm which looks like never going to happen in next 10 years :s

sayan.sunny said:
Agree with you all, I also think this is not proper time to launch netflix in india. but will be popular in future sure. we have to improve our internet service, and dth is still more preffered in those cuntries also where netflix runing successfully.

in my areas two isp are available is Local who are ready to provide 4 Mbps unlimited @Rs1600 Pm but speed is not stable and another one is BSNL which is way costly :s :dodgy

Rushil.D said:
in my areas two isp are available is Local who are ready to provide 4 Mbps unlimited @Rs1600 Pm but speed is not stable and another one is BSNL which is way costly :s :dodgy

situation is even worse here Rs 2000 for 3 Mbps :'(

Sarkar said:
And most importantly that too in reasonable cost like Rs 150 to 200 pm which looks like never going to happen in next 10 years :s

Singapore is providing much cheaper internet 300 Mbps unlimited net @ 36 $ per month and 1 GBPS at around 50 $ :luv :s

Sarkar said:
There are few issues as well. You can not rely on data streaming in India as connectivity is big issue here and most importantly data price is so high in India. 10 GB 3G data costs Rs 1000 and just imagine it will be used only in 1 hour in 4k stream as 4K streaming will require 7GB per hour per device. :lol

No 3G/4G operators in India provide unlimited 3g/4G plan, most broadband providers has FUP policy after which your internet will reduced to 512 kbps so forget Netflix. some broadband providers provide true unlimited plans but that will costs close to Rs 4000 so Who will bear the cost of this data price ?:huh

There is torrent which is free and no buffering on slow connections just watch after download ;)

Yes. Cost of bandwidth is always an issue. But things are looking better with Reliance Jio (10GB for 600) and there are some ISPs like BEAM, ACT, Hathway with high speed plans running into 100s of GBs per month.

But NF is going to a niche product till the problem of bandwidth is solved.

eprafulla said:
Yes. Cost of bandwidth is always an issue. But things are looking better with Reliance Jio (10GB for 600) and there are some ISPs like BEAM, ACT, Hathway with high speed plans running into 100s of GBs per month.

But NF is going to a niche product till the problem of bandwidth is solved.
Will 10 GB @ Rs 600 enough when 1 hour 4k stream require 7GB and 1 hour HD require 3 GB data ? :dodgy

In my honest and personal opinion, Netflix (FOR NOW) won't be watched by normal people at homes. Penetration in homes for digital content is not that easy. But, students in hostels etc or youngsters having access to unlimited data in libraries and offices can do it. They should be the target for now. In delhi, I see a lot of people watching TV shows/ movies while travelling in Delhi metro. Content ranges from Punjabi songs/ movies to Hollywood movies/ Japanese Anime/ F.R.I.E.N.D.S etc. I feel that people in Delhi will accept it the most. People even watch shows using dongles etc. Since, they have the capacity to pay, they do! Downloading/Pre loading the digital content while in office is also one of the most used option. And I can't see why people won't do that. I do it all the time. If people can pay so much for TataSky's Ultra Packs & 4K content, they won't mind Netflix. Although, Netflix could've started with cheaper rates TBH.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock