Seeking Help Planning to Upgrade TS HD STB to TS HD+ PVR STB

You can see whichever shows you set to record. No internet is involved. Also the recording can be a quite old show/movie.. no limitations on days.

However you will have to keep your STB on even if you are not watching any channels.

Also if you remove any channel from your package, you won't be able to watch its past recordings.

What I mean to say is can we watch any old shows which are not recorded in the STB, like say 5 day old show. How does this work offline if that show is not recorded on the STB?

Yes that's what I am asking like can we watch previous day's shows like 3-4 days old offline without internet ???
For catch up , there are 2 solution in TS.

TS +HD is for offline without internet, but it cost hell amount.
And Tatasky Android FireTv which requires internet but cheap.

For catch up , there are 2 solution in TS.

TS +HD is for offline without internet, but it cost hell amount.
And Tatasky Android FireTv which requires internet but cheap.

Thanks so how the the 1st solution work ??? I mean without internet

I have Jiofi with limited 2gb data per day, so it won't be enough to watch shows online as we use Jio with multiple devices.

I don't know what do you mean by Catchup TV feature but it provides several program episodes to watch as offline.

How does this function work bro ???

Also is VOD feature available?? Can we watch movies and TV shows that we have missed ???

@98shubhamk bro,

I was seeing Ur posts in Ur thread
My All new Transfer Box

Your post no 28 says store , ready to play, catch up TV, recommendation, etc

Can u pls tell what all these feature are ???
And can we watch old shows via this options and download them ???

What will be the benefit of doing this and what will be the total cost of this upgrade?

Hi Anish bro,

Its been so long i have replied you. Trying to answer all questions asked by you so here they are.

The price of upgradation from HD STB to HD+ PVR STB is Rs 7890
That's correct.
I asked if i would get a Super LNB as complementary along with the HD+ PVR STB as i already have 2 more HD STB as Multi TV, CC Said they are not aware and Installer will suggest if existing Quad Port LNB needs to be replaced or not.
In my case, they didn't gave Super LNB initially but triple tuners failed to work at once from dual port LNB so i talked with nodal officer and he asked for video showing the issues and i made, sent him. Super LNB was a new tech then and technician visited with field officer and solved all issues. I am sure you will get same issue if Super LNB isn't installed on your connection. Since i had 2 DVRs then they used splitter which they charged 60rs.

First they wanted to charge Rs. 800 but after few arguments i managed to make them believe it was a requirement during installation/upgrade which they didn't fulfilled so i should get it for free.
need recording feature as we have many shows running at same time on various channels specially on weekends, so since the STB has recording and catchup TV feature i was planning to upgrade
Catch up TV is hardly used by anyone i know including myself. There are reasons behind it.

Even though they update episodes daily still it requires downloading via internet. Server is slow, unlike how quick youtube or google works. I prefer to use series recording which records selected show on daily basis (excluding repeat telecasts on different time slots). It doesn't waste our data and no need to wait for download complete. It gets stored on hard disk via satellite channel itself.

Also how is the PQ of the hd + STB as compared to the technicolor hd STB ???
Having used both i would say they are the same. Just UI response is faster on transfer box as it has better processor.

Is it worth to upgrade to hd + STB as of today ???
Worthy for me, as i use it for recording via HDD. It has cooling fan inside so doesn't get heated even if you keep it on 24x7.

I dont understand why TS is charging Activation and Installer Visit charges for an upgrade ??? Is this been same before or been started recently, and why should we pay for Super LNB ???
Its same before. They divide charges like installation, activation etc and debit it from total cost specified. So nothing to pay extra, its from total charges itself.

Nice. Feel free to ask if any further question.

During upgrade keep in mind have to spare out Rs. 800 for Super LNB later if technician doesn't replace existing while upgrade. That happened with me, as CC then says while installation everything was fine so you have pay! Even Inverto Quard, Multi LNBs fails to give proper signals on Transfer box, maximum 2 tuners will work with those.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock