Premium Channels Your Likes & Dislikes

What all Premium Channels you like?

• Total voters

DestinyAwaits

Reaction score
Hi fellow DreamDTH'ians,

Recently, Broadcasters launched Premium category channels in India. Some were ad-free, some gave importance to content, etc. As of now 4 premium channels are available but there are different people with different mindset and taste. Its time we all express our opinion "Janta Verdict" what we like about our favorite channels or what we don't like about them and even what changes we want to see in channels we either like or dislike.

These discussions can be related to Pricing, Content, Subtitles, channels look, clarity, DD sound, dual or more audio languages availability etc.. The way we wanted to see improvement in them etc.. Hope some smart people also following this forum and can take up something good of our understanding.. :)

There is a poll where you can select your favorite channels and comment why if you want others to know how and what you feel.:)

Thanks,
DA

i have experienced swp,hbo hits & hbo defined.

Hbo hits and defined always repeat same movies.So i got bored after around 1 month.Also these movies are repeated on other channels.Television series are also cencored.So it is useless according to me.

Same thing for swp.It also shows cencored version.So useless.

If they show uncensored scene with blurring and no cut in dialogue without subtitles ,then i will be interested to watch.

Censorship is up to the Govt. to decide not the broadcasters.. :)
Can't do anything on the censorship part.. ;)

As for as HBO Premium channels are concerned repeatedly showing the same movies all again, I agree on that for sure.

I never ever forget HBO is the only channel I know of Having the biggest and best movies library and its new TV shows premiering every 8th day after its US telecast and some of them are critically acclaimed and award winning shows..

I will not forget, First time on Indian television premieres.. Mission Impossible 4, The Dark Knight Rises, Argo, Lincoln etc.. The time frame to telecast any Hollywood movies in India with these two channels have drastically gone down as a major plus foe me at least.

Dual Audio for most movies and TV shows is a major plus for me. I get disappointed when they miss on dual audio but as from HBO, I got a message we are hardly working on getting all the new shows and movies in dual audio.. From Price point of two premium channels of ₹49 for such ad-free channels are justified to me.. Censorship though kills the mood but trust me if this clause our Government remove from its checklist, we all have no problems paying HBO 1000 bucks for all HBO channels.. HBO has the best of TV shows from GOT to Cinemax softcore p**n TV shows and HBO Original movies..

I hope you all agree with me. :)

another point,they must pemiere foreign language movies which aren't released in india.:tup

piinku1 said:
another point,they must pemiere foreign language movies which aren't released in india.:tup

Bro, tell movies you love to watch on fb and twitter. The reason I say this is whenever I requested HBO Defined & Hits on FB and Twitter, I never got disappointed every single request I made to them and they fulfilled it with ease what else I can say getting premium treatment from them till now.. As I said censorship kills the mood but our Government is not likely to omit this clause for sure..

HBO has First run movies telecast rights from Warner Bros., Viacom (Paramount Pictures), 20th Century Fox, Universal Pictures (A Comcast Company), Dreamworks SKG, New Regency Pictures, Working Title Films, Blue Star Studios etc..

Subrun movie telecast rights from MGM, Sony, Miramax, Columbia Pictures, Walt Disney, etc..

I don't think anything can beat them for the movie library they hold... :)

Personally, the only benefit of channels these channels is they save time, by not showing ads.

But, if the trend continues with premium channels, we'l soon be end up spending rs 1000 per month. :u
I voted for HBO D.

If adult content is allowed, I m willing to pay rs.200 as well, for a single channel. :shy

I voted for ad-free HBO chs, later I wanted to vote for Romedy, but its not allowing me.
As poll is for multiple choice (using check box & not using radio button), I must be able to vote for another option.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock