Ram Gopal Varma lodges police complaint against BJP youth wing

• Thread starter Thread starter Napster
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 0
  • Views Views: Views 1,144

Napster

Reaction score
Bollywood filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma lodged a police complaint against the youth wing of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) here on Tuesday
after he received a letter to apologise over his statement of offering a role to Kannada actress Maria Susairaj, recently released in the murder case of television executive Neeraj Grover.

According to media reports, Varma had announced that he would be offering Susairaj a role in his film.

"Two things, the issue is I had put a certain thing on the twitter. If a person has been convicted and that person has come out after serving the punishment and the judge said whatever he said, one should respect that and I will not hold that against the criminal, whatever might be the background. Regarding this, I got a letter from BJP youth wing threatening strong action if I don't take back my word," said Varma.

"So, in a civilized society, if a judiciary is saying something and as a citizen of India, I have the right to live by the law of the land. If a political party is going to threaten, taking some strong action, whatever they meant by it. In relation to this issue, I came here to register a complaint," he added.

The filmmaker had also written in support of Susairaj on a social networking website, that if someone was set free by the law, then she had every right to start her life afresh.

Back
Top Bottom