Repent Moving to D2H from TataSKY

nambbus said:
This thread is only for defame d2h.

No bro, think why I am actve d2h user... because d2h is much better in some matter- low cost channel packages, offering all sports, popular hd, regional and roi channels. Indias first 3d and 1tb stb. transparent logo. audio channels etc...

ashishkala said:
Dear probuddha
i am using both service provider's i think d2h is ok not so much of a problem which you have listed.
I have a 40inch Full HD LED.
May be you should check on the settings of the TV and the STB.

ya you are right d2h PQ is not exceelent but it is watchable and could be corrected by adjusting tv setting..

and to all who are comparing d2h to TS and defaming it ..should first look to the high price of ts than d2h..i think every dth has a negative point

kishor121 said:
i also moved from adtv to d2h i did notice some channels do not have good quality pic but still all hd channels are in good quality even some sd channels like axn & some music channels look great on d2h then adtv and most annoying thing of adtv is they provide fake dolby sound on hd channels but d2h audio quality is great real deal :shy :angry

brother reverse your words,airtel never giving any fake audio like what videocon did,airtel only adding perfect channels.

Airtel is the only DTH giving awesome sound experience.i have checked with (once used)Videocon.

@TS

Please check your installation setup.
D2h PQ isn't bad in comparision to TS.

Recently I also moved from tatasky to d2h I am problem with software and hardware but pq is OK even SD channel I am having Sony 40' led

4 Beta

I also have tata sky.using since 2006... worst picture quality which I observed after using reliance, ts, adtv, d2h is of ts...
Airtel has nothing bad.except their package channel selection(doesnt giving mix,movies ok, e24 in starting packages)awesomeness of adtv is sound quality...no other dth has sound like adtv..
Now moved to d2h picture quality good, sound quality good, but not like adtv..but satisfactory. ...

But I cant understand how ts is giving u such awesome pq as I am also using the sam ething and not getting....
Most of d members on forums r disappointed with ts pq as dey are overcompressing due to bandwidth shortage....

probuddha said:
I had been a subscriber of TataSKY HD since the time it was launched and decided to move to D2H because of few HD channels and exorbitant pricing of the former. Just got a brand new connection for Videocon D2H HD today

Upon reviewing the picture quality of Videocon D2H HD, I am thoroughly disappointed to say the least. The picture quality is HORRIBLE, the picture is hazy and washed out, colour rendition is extremely poor, images appear ghost like and there is no sharpness at all. If HD channels are of so inferior quality, needless to say that the SD ones are even worse.

I don't know whether this is a problem with the installation, the HD box provided or if the quality of Videocon D2H is so inferior, but I am terribly disappointed with the picture quality of D2H

TataSKY's PQ was light years ahead than that of D2H.

Anyone else who moved to D2H HD from TS HD felt the same or is it just me? Do you think the technicians can fix this or did I just flush 3280 Rs down the drain?

Thanks

I never experienced this problem. Get in touch with them and get it sorted through FB, Twitter or their CC.

I read on this forum itself that TS uses deblocking to improve picture quality but it reduces sharpness. May be the TV settings have been tuned to TS PQ and not suiting well for d2h.

I never saw blur or ghost like images even on SD channels. HD channels are too gold on my 42 inch LED.

Check the signal strength and quality in STB Settings.

people said:
brother reverse your words,airtel never giving any fake audio like what videocon did,airtel only adding perfect channels.

Airtel is the only DTH giving awesome sound experience.i have checked with (once used)Videocon.

i m just sharing my experience with u i m not forcing anybody about it on airtel there are some channels like colors and starmovies hd which have great audio quality but movies now has worst audio some times diloges which have to come from center speaker it comes from rear left speaker its wired i did experience that but with same home theater system i m getting good audio quality on d2h and there is one more thing adtv has high compression on audio so the dynamic range of audio get affected so surround effect does not have much dynamic effect then d2h

i used adtv for 18 month video quality great but not audio quality not that great

Thank you guys for all your responses.

okay nambbus - firstly I am in no way, shape or form associated with any of the DTH providers, so there is no questions of trying to "defame" anyone here. I will praise a good service like crazy and go out of my way to promote it to everyone and similarly won't hesitate to slam the a** out of one that offers unsatisfactory performance or service.

I had been a TS HD customer since the time they launched it with 2 channels, Discovery and NGC HD and switched to D2H only because the former wasn't offering that many HD channels and I was paying nearly 500 per month for it and since I own an HD LED TV, I felt I should go for a provider that provides the most HD channels.

Last evening, after posting this thread, I sent off an email to the customer support, nodal desk and the CEO of D2H and slammed them for their poor quality picture. Within an hour, 2 guys from the technical department visited my place at around 9 PM and upgraded the STB with the latest software which I feel somehow took care of the color rendition and chromatic aberration issues and also the ghost like images were also somewhat improved. So unfortunately, I don't have pics from the previous condition to share with you guys here.

Now, after watching it for quite some time, I know my eyes have gotten used to it but I would still say that PQ wise TS HD is better, yes, even after the software upgrade on D2H, the difference doesn't look as stark as it did the first time I viewed it, but I have no hesitation to say that TS HD PQ was much better in terms of clarity & detail. I don't care much for the 5.1 audio output since I don't have a home theater installed, but the GUI of D2H is also way behind than what I saw on TS, it's laggy and not user friendly.

If and when TS launches more HD channels and offers a more VFM service, I might just go back to using it again but for now I will continue using D2H

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock