Repent Moving to D2H from TataSKY

probuddha said:
Thank you guys for all your responses.

okay nambbus - firstly I am in no way, shape or form associated with any of the DTH providers, so there is no questions of trying to "defame" anyone here. I will praise a good service like crazy and go out of my way to promote it to everyone and similarly won't hesitate to slam the a** out of one that offers unsatisfactory performance or service.

I had been a TS HD customer since the time they launched it with 2 channels, Discovery and NGC HD and switched to D2H only because the former wasn't offering that many HD channels and I was paying nearly 500 per month for it and since I own an HD LED TV, I felt I should go for a provider that provides the most HD channels.

Last evening, after posting this thread, I sent off an email to the customer support, nodal desk and the CEO of D2H and slammed them for their poor quality picture. Within an hour, 2 guys from the technical department visited my place at around 9 PM and upgraded the STB with the latest software which I feel somehow took care of the color rendition and chromatic aberration issues and also the ghost like images were also somewhat improved. So unfortunately, I don't have pics from the previous condition to share with you guys here.

Now, after watching it for quite some time, I know my eyes have gotten used to it but I would still say that PQ wise TS HD is better, yes, even after the software upgrade on D2H, the difference doesn't look as stark as it did the first time I viewed it, but I have no hesitation to say that TS HD PQ was much better in terms of clarity & detail. I don't care much for the 5.1 audio output since I don't have a home theater installed, but the GUI of D2H is also way behind than what I saw on TS, it's laggy and not user friendly.

If and when TS launches more HD channels and offers a more VFM service, I might just go back to using it again but for now I will continue using D2H

Thanks!
i agree with you d2h hardware and software way behind then Tatasky & adtv. D2h remote feels cheap and plastic half of time keys have to push two times to get it work box is so small don't have any kind of buttons so if your remote dies there is no option to use stb, software laggs like hell epg loads every time you open guide so it takes every time 40 to 50 sec to load full epg

tata sky applies more compression on its HD channel as they have just one 36mhz tp for all HD channel . and d2h have 2 54mhz tp for all HD channel.
but ts people feel that they get good PQ ... i dont know bcoz currently i am not using it ..but ts applies more compression..
ADTV give very good PQ and d2h HD channels are good but some SD channels are not upto the mark ..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock