Restore factory settings of a dth set top box

nskaran

Reaction score
Experts please advise me about this
Recently i faced of audio trouble in a perticular channel (dishtv) recurrently for some days it is working fine and then again the same audio trouble happens (voice stretching). I talked, mailed to cc whenever i talked or mailed the audio trouble is rectified and it was ok for few days (3 or 4) and then again starting the same audio trouble, but this is only in a perticular channel not in all channels. So i upset deeply and started soundly to cc finally now they requested me to do the restore factory settings. Now i doubt if i do that may be set top box go back to old version software, which is not good and software is updated about one year back and it is good now. what to do somebody clarify this.

Restoring factory settings wont take you back to the old software version, you will get all the preset settings like audio/video etc.... It wont alter your current software version

@gssaran is it sure, if i do the restore factory settings it will not go back to old version of software and the software version will be same as of now. please clarify.

I am telling from my experience. I have reset factory settings before.. No harm to current software version in the stb

please clarify with this issue of if i do restore factory, will the set top box goes to old software version or no. As of now the software upgraded about one year back and it is nice. So pleas advise shall i do the restore factory settings or no. thankss Biswajit ji for your kind response.

And is there will be any tb missing or channel missing happens or no

i hope u mean tp / channel..... all channels or tp that u get, are based on channel scan... When u will do channel scan or auto tune u will get all tp list again.....

Note : you are doing factory reset in the stb, you are not dis alligning ur dish, so no question of missing any tp/channel :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock