SAB HD can be launched soon

• Thread starter Thread starter skm30
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 60
  • Views Views: Views 22,760
Status
Not open for further replies.
skm30 said:
We want India's best comedy entertainment television channel 'SAB TV' in HD.

Although, Dish TV is providing ''SAB TV HD'' on its platform. But, we know its not a true HD channel, its an upscaled HD Channel.

I don't understand, when SAB TV has its contents available in both formats i.e. in 4:3 (576i , SD) format and 16:9 (1080i , HD) format then why Sony Entertainment Television is not launching it in full HD.

You can watch all episodes of its shows online in High Definition on You Tube.

We know, SAB TV is a part of the network of Television channels owned by Multi Screen Media Pvt. Ltd. in India along with the other channels being Sony TV, SET Max, and SET PIX. SAB TV stands as a distinctly positioned channel in the crowded GEC space. It is India's only family comedy entertainment channel with a core brand promise of 'Asli Mazaa SAB ke Saath Hai'.

Sony Entertainment Television is launching SAB TV in High Definition in UK. Sony SAB TV is first Hindi entertainment channel to be available in HD on Freeview in the UK. Sony SAB TV, a family entertainment channel in Hindi language has become the first Asian entertainment channel to be available on Freeview in Britain. The exact date of the launch is yet to be announced but is expected to be in February 2014. The Hindi channel available in India focuses heavily on comedy genre. Its most popular shows are - Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, F.I.R., Lapataganj - Sharad Joshi Ki Khaniyon Ka Pata, Jeannie Aur Juju and Chidiya Ghar among others. Now, UK Indian viewers can catch up on their favourite Hindi comedy shows on Sony SAB TV in high definition (HD) on Freeview.

Sony Entertainment Television should launch 'SAB TV' in High Definition in India too.

They are launching sab TV HD in UK and UK is not india bro bcuz number of HD channels in UK is much much more than in India plus there in UK hd subscribers penetration is more than 80% and in India is hardly more than 7%.

DishHD said:
They are launching sab TV HD in UK and UK is not india bro bcuz number of HD channels in UK is much much more than in India plus there in UK hd subscribers penetration is more than 80% and in India is hardly more than 7%.

Number wise considering your percentage figures and taking into account population of UK and India, that translates to 50 million HD viewers in UK and a potential 84 million HD viewers in India. As per a recent article more than 50% of new customers are buying HDTVs and will require HD subscriptions to match. So there is a market for HD channels in India.

Guys, I have read in a news report that Sunil Punjabi, the business head of AXN India, has said that the AXN HD channel in India should be on air in the month of July. He further said that there are no plans yet of launching the HD version of MSM's other popular channel, SAB. Now, if this is so then its really not good news for SAB TV lovers.

Now, its really confusing as I have already told you some days back that I saw a MSM executive on the Zoom channel saying that after IPL they are going to launch their second hindi movie channel, which will showcase youth centred movies and along with it, the probabilities are high that they can launch the HD version of their second hindi general entertainment channel which is one of the most viewed hindi general entertainment channel with its light entertainment shows. This clearly tells us that after IPL they are launching the SAB HD channel.

Now, on which I should believe the one I read or the other I watched.

Can experts tell me the current status of the launching of SAB HD channel in India, please !!!

skm30 said:
Guys, I have read in a news report that Sunil Punjabi, the business head of AXN India, has said that the AXN HD channel in India should be on air in the month of July. He further said that there are no plans yet of launching the HD version of MSM's other popular channel, SAB. Now, if this is so then its really not good news for SAB TV lovers.

Now, its really confusing as I have already told you some days back that I saw a MSM executive on the Zoom channel saying that after IPL they are going to launch their second hindi movie channel, which will showcase youth centred movies and along with it, the probabilities are high that they can launch the HD version of their second hindi general entertainment channel which is one of the most viewed hindi general entertainment channel with its light entertainment shows. This clearly tells us that after IPL they are launching the SAB HD channel.

Now, on which I should believe the one I read or the other I watched.

Can experts tell me the current status of the launching of SAB HD channel in India, please !!!
Coming SAB HD is not at all possible now.it is an official press meet and the business head clearly told that they wont launch any other HD channels except AXN HD,even PIX HD is a big doubt which is in testing phase.

Re: RE: SAB HD can be launched soon

bhaskar.killi said:
Coming SAB HD is not at all possible now.it is an official press meet and the business head clearly told that they wont launch any other HD channels except AXN HD,even PIX HD is a big doubt which is in testing phase.

Going by the MSM trends, I believe we can expect 2 HD channels. AXN, PIX HD. SAB HD can take time..

Guys, anyone of you have read, any news, anywhere which is related to the launch of SAB HD channel, then please post here the link of that news article. As it can be a support to the hopes of all the fans of SAB TV who wants to see it in HD !!!

I heard it on E24 in a news programme that MSM has revealed that SAB tv is currently having all its shows fully shot in HD and as its consistently on 5th position, leaving behind the Sony channel on 6th position, we are considering for its HD version in near future. Now what this 'near future' means for MSM, I don't know, but I am happy with this only that soon SAB tv will be also in high definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom