Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

After talks between Dharma Productions and Lyca Productions to get into a partnership did not come to fruition, Viacom18 Motion Pictures has reportedly sealed a deal with Dharma Productions. If reports are to be believed, Viacom18 Motion Pictures will distribute all forthcoming projects by Karan Johar’s production house.

Sharing some more details, a source in the know tells an online publication, “In what could well be called as one of the biggest acquisitions of recent times, Viacom18 has acquired the distribution rights of Dharma Productions’ entire slate of films.”
Colors Deal Strengthened but Zee Studios be like - Why did I come ?
I hope Viacom not sealed Theatrical Distribution deal, Dharma Productions Already Destroyed Disney/Star India own Fox Star Studios

Dharma has always had the best relationship with Viacom18. Movies like Kapoor and Sons, Ae Dil Hai Mushkil and SOTY 2 are shown often by Colors Cineplex. I fully expect Viacom18 to renew SOTY and YJHD from Sony. But Brahmastra will be with Star only.
Colors Deal Strengthened but Zee Studios be like - Why did I come ?
Dharma may or may not collaborate with Zee Studios again. Kesari was a moderate hit while Good Newwz was a big hit.

Dharma may or may not collaborate with Zee Studios again. Kesari was a moderate hit while Good Newwz was a big hit.
Dharma May Not Be Interested To Collaborate With Zee Studios Again But Zee Studios May Surely Wish To Collaborate With Dharma Bcoz Out Of The Top 5 Worlwide Grossers Of Zee Studios, 3 Are Co-Produced With Dharma.
QMKAk8S.png

Only Movie Of Zee-Dharma Which Failed At The Box Office Is Bhoot Part 1 The Haunted Ship Is The Only Movie Of Zee-Dharma Which Failed At The Box Office Because Of Clash With SMZS(Which Was Also Below Average At The B.O.)
AEKVljr.png

Last edited:
Nitin Manmohan Films which were with Sony will move to Star.
Harmesh Malhotra 's Snake Duology has completely moved to Viacom18
I think Harmesh Malhotra films equally divided between Sony and Viacom18
Bro nitin Manmohan Yamla pagla deewana moved to zee from sony most of the nitin Mohan library is with zee like eena meena deeka, laadla, army, dil maange more, prithvi and many more. I think Disney-Star renewed chal mere bhai from SPN.

So now all Future KJO films except Zee Studios and Brahmastra are confirmed with Colors Cineplex
Dharma has always had the best relationship with Viacom18. Movies like Kapoor and Sons, Ae Dil Hai Mushkil and SOTY 2 are shown often by Colors Cineplex. I fully expect Viacom18 to renew SOTY and YJHD from Sony. But Brahmastra will be with Star only.

Dharma Produced and Fox Star theatrical distribution most of movies with Viacom Only, So Theatrical and Satellite Rights totally different, If Viacom sealed Distribution deal with Dharma, Most Probably they will not get Upcoming Dharma Productions Movies Satellite Rights and Dharma Productions Always expecting Huge Revenue from Negative Rights, So I Guess Dharma Productions New Satellite Partner Likely Zee or Star

Dharma Produced and Fox Star theatrical distribution most of movies with Viacom Only, So Theatrical and Satellite Rights totally different, If Viacom sealed Distribution deal with Dharma, Most Probably they will not get Upcoming Dharma Productions Movies Satellite Rights and Dharma Productions Always expecting Huge Revenue from Negative Rights, So I Guess Dharma Productions New Satellite Partner Likely Zee or Star
Satellite Partner i think will be Viacom18 only since after deal cancelation Viacom18 had failed to get a constant big banner under them except Dharma.(Eros International is catalogue based so shifting will happen). Viacom18 needs Dharma to stay for their future library growth.
Every network has deal with atleast 2 big banners
Sony has Tseries, SPN Productions and VVC Films
Disney-Star has Ajay Devgan Films, Tseries (some films), Fox Star (Brahmastra last release) and YRF
Zee has Excel, Zee Studios and Rajshri
Viacom18 has only Dharma Productions

Two 3-Way Clashes Between TRP Fetchers Today

Between Paid Channels At 8 PM

Laxmii On Star Gold
Vijay The Master On Zee Cinema(WTP)
Laxmii's 4th Airing Got More TRP Than Vijay The Master's TRP On It WTP. Unbeliavble Craze Of Laxmii On Star Gold. With This, We Can Conclude That Radhe Won't Be Even In The Top 5 On Its WTP Because If Vijay The Master Got Only 67 Lakhs Being A Good Movie, Then Zee Cinema Should Expect Less TRP Than Dabangg 3 From Radhe
vq4HZ4J.png

Laxmii's 4th Airing Got More TRP Than Vijay The Master's TRP On It WTP. Unbeliavble Craze Of Laxmii On Star Gold. With This, We Can Conclude That Radhe Won't Be Even In The Top 5 On Its WTP Because If Vijay The Master Got Only 67 Lakhs Being A Good Movie, Then Zee Cinema Should Expect Less TRP Than Dabangg 3 From Radhe
vq4HZ4J.png
That's the reason Disney-Star airs laxmii and bhul bhulaiyya Sundays on prime and noon time..

Last edited:
I wish star gold and star gold 2 should air 90s and 20s bollywood movies. Chal mere bhai could have been aired in star gold on prime time looks like disney star is now trying to focus on more bollywood films let's hope for the best for Disney star.

vq4HZ4J.png
Akshay kumar is the next big thing in TV, his films have managed to grab some crazy numbers and this might continue and regarding Salman Khan's Radhe it will be quite harsh to say but his stardom is detoirating and even his commercial films arent doing well at satellite

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock