Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Viacom18 To Produce Hrithik Roshan, Deepika Padukone And Siddharth Anand's Upcoming Movie Fighter And Have Bought The Satellite As Well As Digital Rights Of The Film. So Its Satellite Rights Will Be With Colors Cineplex And Digital Rights Will Be With Amazon Prime Video/Voot(Mentioned Prime Video Because Voot Has Tied Up With Prime Video And TV Shows On Voot Have Been Made Available On Amazon Prime Video)
Source
Probably star will get the rights , if their Hrithik deal is still on.
I guess the current deal began with kaabil.
Mohenjo daro was before the deal.

Viacom18 To Produce Hrithik Roshan, Deepika Padukone And Siddharth Anand's Upcoming Movie Fighter.

They Have Bought The Satellite And Digital Rights Of The Film.

So Its Satellite Rights Will Be With Colors Cineplex And Digital Rights Will Be With Amazon Prime Video/Voot

(Mentioned Prime Video Because Voot Has Tied Up With Prime Video And TV Shows On Voot Have Been Made Available On Amazon Prime Video)
Source
So It Will Be Just The 3rd Movie Of Hrithik Roshan To Be With Viacom After Kabhi Khusi Kabhie Gham And Guzaarish

I think digital rights will have high chances to go to Netflix as it did for Motichoor Chaknachoor, Tha Thackeray,The Body. All of them were produced by Viacom 18. I think this can be a game changer for Colors Cineplex because they do get good south Indian movies to Telecast but in case of bollywood, they are lagging behind.

Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya moves to Viacom18 from SPN.
z8vuFp6.jpg

I think after IPL contract ends Disney-star also will be In race to acquire, renewe bollywood films. I don't think Disney-foxstar will acquire IPL. previously star made huge mistake by acquiring and I wish Disney-star will be back on previous mode very soon.
Same situation zee faced fee years back they lost so many bollywood library to other networks most of the films bagged by star but zee controlled the situation immediately by best thing they have done is zee sold their sports channels to SPN like TEN CRICKET, TEN SPORTS AND TEN GOLF which is now TEN 1, TEN 2 AND TEN 3 for whopping amount for RS 2600 crore the zee bagged big banners from SPN like MUKTA ARTS, TRIMURTI FILMS AND R.K films.

No this was also part of the Eros deal only like hum dil de Chuke sanam.

Could b both, before sharing of movies happens for a newly merged company... Agreements need to b revised... Same like after disney takeover of star, UTV films needed deal modifications for them to b aired on star india channels

@ak7777 bro no logo of Star Vijay shown in premiere of Jagame Thandhiram
Karthik Subbaraj has already told though that film will air on Star Vijay. Plus Sashikanth (producer of Jagame Thandhiram) deal with Vijay TV. Rights discussion with Vijay TV was since last year. Hindi rights may go with SPN since Game Over by Same producer

Last edited:
Same situation zee faced fee years back they lost so many bollywood library to other networks most of the films bagged by star but zee controlled the situation immediately by best thing they have done is zee sold their sports channels to SPN like TEN CRICKET, TEN SPORTS AND TEN GOLF which is now TEN 1, TEN 2 AND TEN 3 for whopping amount for RS 2600 crore the zee bagged big banners from SPN like MUKTA ARTS, TRIMURTI FILMS AND R.K films.
RK Films with Zee only right from the beginning. Zee started getting Mukta Films exclusively since Aitraaz and Kisna. Only Trimurti moved from Sony to Zee

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock