Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

i3qr9l7.jpg

Yes, bcoz star/disney shows more interest in acquiring bollywood films and gives utmost importance to viewer feedback. Zee by and large is not acquiring many films and sharing feedback with them has yielded hardly any results. Sony again has not shown signs of improving despite me sending feedback all thru past so many years. I have hopes of max films arriving on star/disney bcoz past experience has shown that whatever we request, they try level best to incorporate it in their content or other strategy
See, I know Disney-Star is a good network, but I've told it and I well tell it that Disney is becoming too big and many of them are not able to compete with them. There should be even playground for all parties involved just because Star responds well, that doesn't mean that entire bollywood On Star Network and all the others have no option

Why is Black movie not with any broadcaster? All other Bhansali sir films r with Viacom18 or Disney/ star.

Hope to see Jo Bole So Nihaal, Bekhudi, Tere Mere Sapne, Major Saab, Life Partner, Paa, Bheja Fry, Ekk Hasina Thhi, Aaloo Chaat, Style,Auzaar, Bequabu, Lawaaris (1999) , Baazi,Ek Ladka Ek Ladki, Afsana Pyar Ka, Love Love Love, Bhai,Gardish, Khubsoorat (99), Jannat,Bade Dilwala , Jaan-E-Man, Namastay London soon on star/disney

Aatish The Fire, Ghulam was so well handled by star/disney, on sony it is getting after hrs slot

Salman Khan films like Auzaar, Har Dil Jo Pyaar Karega, Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya not aired since long on viacom18 channels
Most of them won't see the light on Disney-Star and here are the reasons
Jo Bole So Nihaal technically should have been with Disney-Star since It is produced by NR Pachisia but since rights were with Sahara, film came to Zee. The same happened with another Star Partner Bajaj Films whose Blackmail is shared with Zee and FTA due to Sahara
Tere Mere Sapne, Major Saab, Paa are ABCL Productions, I think the response of Chehre on Sony Max will determine the fate of these films.
Tips Films library like Auzaar, Beqabu, and other important films like Soldier, Race may soon come on Disney-Star since Bhoot Police has been a so-so success for them digitally. If Bhoot Police performs well on TV then the Shemaroo-Tips Library may soon move to Disney-Star
Ek Ladka Ek Ladki, Gardish, Bhai, Bade Dilwala are owned by Goldmines so chances of them with Star are pretty temporary.
Baazi produced by Aftab Pictures whose all films except Baazi and Badal are with Zee now.
Love love love may move to Viacom18
Khoobsurat (99) recently came to Colors Cineplex plus rights with Eros whom Star is not Keen to go with
Namastey London with Ultra and Viacom18 Motion Pictures so almost permanent rights with them
Realistically only Jaan-E-Mann, Ek Hasina Thi, Aloo Chaat, Style, Life Partner, Jannat have a chance to come on Disney-Star, alongside Tips Films and that's still a lot of films

Last edited:
Most of them won't see the light on Disney-Star and here are the reasons
Jo Bole So Nihaal technically should have been with Disney-Star since It is produced by NR Pachisia but since rights were with Sahara, film came to Zee. The same happened with another Star Partner Bajaj Films whose Blackmail is shared with Zee and FTA due to Sahara
Tere Mere Sapne, Major Saab, Paa are ABCL Productions, I think the response of Chehre on Sony Max will determine the fate of these films.
Tips Films library like Auzaar, Beqabu, and other important films like Soldier, Race may soon come on Disney-Star since Bhoot Police has been a so-so success for them digitally. If Bhoot Police performs well on TV then the Shemaroo-Tips Library may soon move to Disney-Star
Ek Ladka Ek Ladki, Gardish, Bhai, Bade Dilwala are owned by Goldmines so chances of them with Star are pretty temporary.
Baazi produced by Aftab Pictures whose all films except Baazi and Badal are with Zee now.
Love love love may move to Viacom18
Khoobsurat (99) recently came to Colors Cineplex plus rights with Eros whom Star is not Keen to go with
Namastey London with Ultra and Viacom18 Motion Pictures so almost permanent rights with then.
Realistically only Jaan-E-Mann, Ek Hasina Thi, Aloo Chaat, Style, Life Partner, Jannat have a chance to come on Disney-Star, alongside Tips Films and that's still a lot of films
Most of the movies are recently moved to zee, viacom18 and spn so I think it'll take time to move and the way Disney-star is acquiring movies they should do lots of homework for channels because YRF classic films are being aired rarely and BR films have mostly all classic films. I think Disney-Star should have atleast 2 bollywood movie channels like zee bollywood and zee classic.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock