Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

See, I know Disney-Star is a good network, but I've told it and I well tell it that Disney is becoming too big and many of them are not able to compete with them. There should be even playground for all parties involved just because Star responds well, that doesn't mean that entire bollywood On Star Network and all the others have no option

Well buddy, i do agree that star/disney and Viacom18 have lot more financial resources as well other things which make them powerful force to compete but this is not the reason for sony to lack in bollywood films...zee still has managed quite average despite the issues parent company has faced in last few years. Sony could have easily kept certain considerable amount for bollywood films and managed balance between dubbed and bollywood films. Since last 6 yrs dubbed south indian movies r acquired at quite high prices so money is not the issue but strategy is, zee too faltered but at lesser extent than sony. Infact star india till about mid 2018 or so was also airing mostly dubbed cinema or repeated few bollywood films continuosly , at that time i sent them detailed feedback that increasing bollywood films library can give great results which included proper reasoning and strategy to followed, thankfully under disney they fully adopted it and rest we all can see ..... Star/disney is leading in hindi movies genre

Last edited:
Most of them won't see the light on Disney-Star and here are the reasons
Jo Bole So Nihaal technically should have been with Disney-Star since It is produced by NR Pachisia but since rights were with Sahara, film came to Zee. The same happened with another Star Partner Bajaj Films whose Blackmail is shared with Zee and FTA due to Sahara
Tere Mere Sapne, Major Saab, Paa are ABCL Productions, I think the response of Chehre on Sony Max will determine the fate of these films.
Tips Films library like Auzaar, Beqabu, and other important films like Soldier, Race may soon come on Disney-Star since Bhoot Police has been a so-so success for them digitally. If Bhoot Police performs well on TV then the Shemaroo-Tips Library may soon move to Disney-Star
Ek Ladka Ek Ladki, Gardish, Bhai, Bade Dilwala are owned by Goldmines so chances of them with Star are pretty temporary.
Baazi produced by Aftab Pictures whose all films except Baazi and Badal are with Zee now.
Love love love may move to Viacom18
Khoobsurat (99) recently came to Colors Cineplex plus rights with Eros whom Star is not Keen to go with
Namastey London with Ultra and Viacom18 Motion Pictures so almost permanent rights with them
Realistically only Jaan-E-Mann, Ek Hasina Thi, Aloo Chaat, Style, Life Partner, Jannat have a chance to come on Disney-Star, alongside Tips Films and that's still a lot of films

I am of opinion that Dharma Production, VVC Films, Tips, Red Chillies, Sahara One, Excel Films, T Series will move to star/disney soon. They might also b interested in Aamir Khan Productions as it will give them access to great Aamir Sir and other films. See u have to admit that currently only star/disney give proper platform to various kind of films of different banners across it channels so in age where visibility matters along with money, they r best partners for most banners. Goldmines Films is also having nice rapport with star/disney now so getting access to their bollywood library ain't a problem

Sony might get Mukta Arts, Venus Films, Boney Kapoor Films, Rajeev Rai Films as it will enhance library of Wah and Max2, Sony has not only lacked in getting good new films but since year or two Max2 is airing lot of FTA channels library films which means they need boost in both categories
Also quite confused why despite having such good relationship with Amitabh Sir, all these yrs they have not renewed ABCL film library, hope they do so else star/disney will surely do it

Eros has active deals with all networks, even B4U movie channels have deals with sony, star, zee to air their select films so their film library can go either way

Namastay London rights r either with producer or Ultra...Viacom18 motion pictures was just theatrical distributor so it can shift to any network

Love Love Love has high chance of shifting to star / disney bcoz they want more Aamir Khan films in library and have been acquiring many films from Shemaroo

Last edited:
Most of the movies are recently moved to zee, viacom18 and spn so I think it'll take time to move and the way Disney-star is acquiring movies they should do lots of homework for channels because YRF classic films are being aired rarely and BR films have mostly all classic films. I think Disney-Star should have atleast 2 bollywood movie channels like zee bollywood and zee classic.

Star/ disney is doing lot better homework than others not only in acquiring films but scheduling. Almost all of YRF classic films have had decent airing since they came onboard, also about ur query regarding a classic channel that will likely b launched soon along with Star Gold Romance which can accommodate most of YRF romantic classic films

Star/ disney is doing lot better homework than others not only in acquiring films but scheduling. Almost all of YRF classic films have had decent airing since they came onboard, also about ur query regarding a classic channel that will likely b launched soon along with Star Gold Romance which can accommodate most of YRF romantic classic films
How many channels Disney-Star need instead of launching channels they could have rebrand or revamp the present channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock