Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

• Thread starter Thread starter Joyanaranha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 25,061
  • Views Views: Views 4,355,037
Star Gold Romance - MS Dhoni - The Untold Series, Chain Kuli Ki Main Kuli, Iqbal, Sachin - A Billion Dreams, Pravin Tambe Kaun Hai.
Star Gold Thrills - Lagaan.
Star gold romance is not a sports movie channel

Disney- Star has a lot of movies with them… They have not given proper justice to these movies with broadcasting and airings…. We know on 1st February 2023… Two movie channels named Star Gold Thrills Star Gold Romance is going to be launched… anyone can guess and tell what movies will be broadcasted in these channels… What do you expect from these 2 channels? Will Star Gold Thrills Star Gold Romance be able to give proper justice to these films? If yes, then we are happy…. What justice these 2 channels can give with these films? Express your feelings and opinions… That’s
Star gold romance:-
Bachna ae haseeno,Wake up sid,
Tadap, DDLJ ,Mohabbatein, Deewana , Pyar kiya to darna kya(if they buy)
Star gold thrills -
Baby, Talvar , , Raajneeti , Neerja (basically many movies they usually air on star gold select)
I expect them to give prime slot to the movie they have been completely water shading ....

I hope Disney-Star renews movies like - Dor, Traffic Signal, Hello, 8x10 Tasveer, Aashayein, Zinda, Socha na Tha, movies from Percept Pictures Company (Co-produced as well as distributed ones) and All Nagesh Kukoonor Sir's movies, his movies are so underrated (especially Hyderabad Blues and 8x10 Tasveer), only 1 or 2 of his movies get aired.

Let me tell you a truth in thread. After seeing lots of post. Someone needs to speak the truth. Star Gold has no such unique strategy when it comes to airing movies. They repeat popular movies in same pattern like Zee, Colors, Max does. If Zee airs Dabangg 3, Dream Girl, Simbha etc on repeat. Star Gold does same with Ready, Chup Chup Ke, Tarzan The Wonder Car etc.

But you still think they have some brilliant strategy is because you hear they have a brilliant strategy. This is same as neighborhood chai wala having the best tea. Despite using same tea leaves, milk, and water as everyone else. You still think it's better chai than any other shop offers is because you constantly hear praises about him.
Disney Star is in the path of Zee. Having multiple channel will not increase viewership. It will affect the TRPs of their own channel. Same movie will be telecasted every other day on any of the channel. Here Zee is gaining bcoz they are renting thier library to FTA channels. Star rarely do that to maintain exclusivity. But now these 7 channel (SG 1/2, SG HD 1/2, Star Utsav Movies, SG Thrills, SG Romance) will share the same library.

Bachna ae Haseeno airing after a long time 11 jan -12:25 am on star Utsav movies . It last aired in may or june
5O0Zu9r.jpg
When Sultan is renewed is expried on Sony So will shift renewed on Disney-Star

Disney Star is in the path of Zee. Having multiple channel will not increase viewership. It will affect the TRPs of their own channel. Same movie will be telecasted every other day on any of the channel. Here Zee is gaining bcoz they are renting thier library to FTA channels. Star rarely do that to maintain exclusivity. But now these 7 channel (SG 1/2, SG HD 1/2, Star Utsav Movies, SG Thrills, SG Romance) will share the same library.

Totally wrong. Have explained and discussed in length about major/huge difference between content strategy of Disney-Star and Zee as far as hindi movie channels is concerned so will not repeat the same again. More hindi movie channels from Disney-Star r much needed to air/accommodate their ever expanding vast bollywood + hollywood movie library. Zee just repeats handful of bollywood movies on a daily basis while Disney-Star air more number of /diverse range of bollywood as well as dubbed hollywood movies across its hindi movie channels. Disney-Star is the only network giving proper/adequate space to bollywood movies on all its hindi movie channels and it has lead to them building a highly successful hindi movie channels network.

I will not go into details about how content strategy of Disney-Star hindi movie channels translates into not only good ratings but large ad revenue for them as i have already explained / given insight how agencies/brands decide upon buying ad slots on various channels and there r various factors which lead to fixing a price point for them . Just being No. 1 in ratings does not necessarily mean that a channel will get more ad revenue as brands decide upon cost paid for ad slots depending upon age/economic demographic a channel reaches as well as if the target audience is watching that channel or not. Dubbed South Indian Movies might fetch higher viewership for some channels but if larger viewership is coming from south india then brand/advertiser will not been keen to buy ad slot at higher price for it as to cater to such audience it would rather prefer buying ad slot on a south indian channel where such viewer watches these movies in native language and also tunes into hindi movie channel for seeing dubbed version thus counted as a secondary viewing. Similarly except for big pan india films like KGF, RRR etc. most other dubbed south indian movies won't fetch high ad slot rates for hindi movie channels while brands will find buying ad slots for new bollywood films or even old ones to be more attractive option. Also i have already explained in detail as to why even to be economically viable hindi movie channels have to give more space to bollywood films , plz refer to this thread for better understanding of the same

Also wait until launch of Star Gold Romance, Star Gold Thrills before coming to any conclusion. Expecting even more channels / changes from Disney-Star in coming weeks/months

Last edited:
Totally wrong. Have explained and discussed in length about major/huge difference between content strategy of Disney-Star and Zee as far as hindi movie channels is concerned so will not repeat the same again. More hindi movie channels from Disney-Star r much needed to air/accommodate their ever expanding vast bollywood + hollywood movie library. Zee just repeats handful of bollywood movies on a daily basis while Disney-Star air more number of /diverse range of bollywood as well as dubbed hollywood movies across its hindi movie channels. Disney-Star is the only network giving proper/adequate space to bollywood movies on all its hindi movie channels and it has lead to them building a highly successful hindi movie channels network.

I will not go into details about how content strategy of Disney-Star hindi movie channels translates into not only good ratings but large ad revenue for them as i have already explained / given insight how agencies/brands decide upon buying ad slots on various channels and there r various factors which lead to fixing a price point for them . Just being No. 1 in ratings does not necessarily mean that a channel will get more ad revenue as brands decide upon cost paid for ad slots depending upon age/economic demographic a channel reaches as well as if the target audience is watching that channel or not. Dubbed South Indian Movies might fetch higher viewership for some channels but if larger viewership is coming from south india then brand/advertiser will not been keen to buy ad slot at higher price for it as to cater to such audience it would rather prefer buying ad slot on a south indian channel where such viewer watches these movies in native language and also tunes into hindi movie channel for seeing dubbed version thus counted as a secondary viewing. Similarly except for big pan india films like KGF, RRR etc. most other dubbed south indian movies won't fetch high ad slot rates for hindi movie channels while brands will find buying ad slots for new bollywood films or even old ones to be more attractive option. Also i have already explained in detail as to why even to be economically viable hindi movie channels have to give more space to bollywood films , plz refer to this thread for better understanding of the same

Also wait until launch of Star Gold Romance, Star Gold Thrills before coming to any conclusion. Expecting even more channels / changes from Disney-Star in coming weeks/months
Bro you are talking out of the world things. You are biased towards Disney Star which is reflecting in your every post. Writing essays will not prove you are correct.

Bro you are talking out of the world things. You are biased towards Disney Star which is reflecting in your every post. Writing essays will not prove you are correct.

Buddy, you may not be aware about major differences between content strategy of Disney-Star and Zee incase of hindi movie channels but i am well aware and have observed and very closely kept watch on these channels. Similarly i have good knowledge regarding how ratings r decoded by brands/agencies when they decide to buy ad slots on various channels, these r not simple ABC that if channel is No. 1 is a genre then it will earn max ad revenue...also there would be huge difference in ad slot price which a top hindi news channel will get as compared to even say No. 3 english news channel...latter will be able to still command higher ad slot pricing.

Please don't always come up with this excuse of me being bias or anti any company or broadcaster as this is entirely "FALSE and MALICIOUS" comment to make . Anyone having understanding the facts will not agree with ur statement else u or someone else who is not having information about these things or unwilling to learn the same can continue to level any wrong allegation against me as i do not take them seriously

Back
Top Bottom