Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

• Thread starter Thread starter Joyanaranha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 25,061
  • Views Views: Views 4,354,906
I stopped reading when I read Zee has repetition of same 30 movies when I have seen Star Gold also almost repeat same movies everyday exception of days when they air hollywood movies where Zee also has a seperate channel to do same called & Pictures. I am not gonna write a page long post to make my point.

Kuttey wil work best on OTT....not in theaters nor on TV....and its actually average movie...Tabu being the best part...
In comparison to shahid kapoor "Kaminey (2009)" how is this film ?? Or how is "Kaminey (2009)" ???

I stopped reading when I read Zee has repetition of same 30 movies when I have seen Star Gold also almost repeat same movies everyday exception of days when they air hollywood movies where Zee also has a seperate channel to do same called & Pictures. I am not gonna write a page long post to make my point.
I will say only one thing: so far Star Gold and co. have had the advantage over the others in terms of Hindi movie scheduling, but the gap is narrowing, not widening. Contrary to what @dino29 bhai thinks (who I still respect despite everything that has happened) I think that even though Zee Cinema and Sony Max have some catching up to do, they are slowly understanding that they cannot compete with Goldmines and have to improve their Bollywood library.

In fact &pictures is doing a stellar job showing several Hollywood, Bollywood and some South movies, though Zee Bollywood has repetition. Star Gold 2 and UTV Movies are still better but all networks have their share of repeated movies as those are popular among certain mass audiences.

@dino29 see this
1lgieMO.png

I will say only one thing: so far Star Gold and co. have had the advantage over the others in terms of Hindi movie scheduling, but the gap is narrowing, not widening. Contrary to what @dino29 bhai thinks (who I still respect despite everything that has happened) I think that even though Zee Cinema and Sony Max have some catching up to do, they are slowly understanding that they cannot compete with Goldmines and have to improve their Bollywood library.

In fact &pictures is doing a stellar job showing several Hollywood, Bollywood and some South movies, though Zee Bollywood has repetition. Star Gold 2 and UTV Movies are still better but all networks have their share of repeated movies as those are popular among certain mass audiences.

Well Dada, Sony is trying to improve bollywood content across its hindi movie channels but is not consistent on the same...on many days still dubbed south indian movies form major part of their daily scheduling on Sony Max and Sony Wah. But still they r trying and i acknowledge the same, they can learn from mistake and gradually improve.

Coming to zee i do not see any improvement, i stand by the statement i made earlier that 30 or 40 odd movies r regularly repeated across their hindi movie channels and dubbed south indian still r shown more on their channels. They did acquire many new bollywood movies in last one year but neither they have managed to give them adequate airing nor has it yielded success (as if ratings were good then these would have aired at regular intervals). As far as renewing older bollywood movies is concerned again they r still very slow. I have said time and again that they have huge/very large Bollywood Movie Library but they r not at all good in utilizing the same and scheduling it properly, most of these Bollywood movies r either aired during watershed hours or some r not at all aired.

Disney-Star Hindi Movie Channels air lot more variety of bollywood movies, ofcourse certain popular films will be aired more often but alongwith it they telecast many other bollywood movies thus very efficiently utilising their vast Bollywood Movie Library. They continuously renew older bollywood movies and acquire rights of new ones too. Also as they r not only network which has dedicated channel for dubbed hollywood movies and again very big collection of dubbed hollywood movies sourced from various studios/companies in their library which r again given adequate airing across their hindi movie channels. There is a reason i said they have built a loyal and robust audience base which tunes into their channels to watch their favorite Bollywood + dubbed hollywood movies.

Viacom18 is doing a good job as far as renewing older bollywood movies is concerned & even utilizing/scheduling bollywood movies in an excellent manner on Colors Cineplex Bollywood. Colors Cineplex and Colors Cineplex Superhits need to massively improve on bollywood content, they not only air very few bollywood films but again like zee 15 or 20 add bollywood movies get repeated on these 2 channels. Colors Cineplex HD is doing a great job in airing popular / mainstream as well as critically acclaimed bollywood movies but still need to include more such films to its schedule, still many offbeat bollywood films as well as popular older bollywood films do not find space on Colors Cineplex HD. Also they need to add dubbed hollywood movies to their content line up

Wrong. In bollywood movies segment disney-star hindi movie channels air lot many different movies apart from some popular movies which do get repeated more bcoz of its connect with audience.

I have no interest in writing a long post but did so to better explain and answer ur question / reply to ur statement. By ur reply it seems u want to just ignore my post rather than understand what i said which would have helped u know where u stand wrong in ur assessment about content strategy of of disney-star and zee in hindi movie channels segment.

Just a request compare the variety of bollywood films and number of bollywood films aired on hindi movie channels of different broadcasters which would provide an easier way to know the difference in their content strategy and then come to a conclusion or form an informed opinion.

Even interms of audio/video quality of its Standard Definition hindi movie channels , zee lacks far behind barring maybe zee cinema. Even most of other FTA hindi movie channels have better audio/video quality than zee network SD hindi movie channels. Broadcast Quality of zee network hindi movie channels is though quite good

Last edited:
Wrong. In bollywood movies segment disney-star hindi movie channels air lot many different movies apart from some popular movies which do get repeated more bcoz of its connect with audience.
Name few such movies.
Just a request compare the variety of bollywood films and number of bollywood films aired on hindi movie channels of different broadcasters which would provide an easier way to know the difference in their content strategy and then come to a conclusion or form an informed opinion.
Because they are gonna air content they own. They recently only have started high profile South movies which makes me think they are experimenting. Also they didn't had the money in the past. All these years they spent most money on cricket. After Disney's acquisition they started acquiring big bollywood library. So they have a breath of fresh air. Before they had a terrible reputation of being an outdated movie channel. I remember a time when Singham aired every other day. Because they had nothing else good to offer. If this was Star backed by Fox. We would have Star Gold as before. I feel they are experimenting with everything now.
Even interms of audio/video quality of its Standard Definition hindi movie channels , zee lacks far behind barring maybe zee cinema. Even most of other FTA hindi movie channels have better audio/video quality than zee network SD hindi movie channels. Broadcast Quality of zee network hindi movie channels is though quite good
Zee charges ₹0.10 for a movie channel. Will Star do same? This kind of channels will always have low PQ.

Back
Top Bottom