Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

• Thread starter Thread starter Joyanaranha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 25,061
  • Views Views: Views 4,354,859
Bad newzz satellite partner is showing as colors cineplex....I doubt it will air on cimeplex now...😆

Bad newzz satellite partner is showing as colors cineplex....I doubt it will air on cimeplex now...😆
It will, Dharma movies like Yodha, Bad Newzz and Jigra will premiere on colors, I think it will be really stupid of them to let go of Zara Hatke Zara Bachke, they sell out Jio Studios movies so that they can make maximum revenue out of it, but selling on Fighter will also be a stupid move, because it's a Viacom 18 production, banking on only Dharma movies will never let them allow to compete with top channels like zee, star and sony. Let's see if they have rights of Kill or not, as Hotstar is associated as The OTT partner of Kill, and Kill will also be mostly censored for TV, so let's see if Colors buys that rights or not...

Sony upcoming premiere lineup
1) Article 370 (Commercial success )
2) Laapata Ladies (Critically acclaimed) + family friendly
3) Operation Valentine (TV friendly)
4) Shaitaan (TV friendly) + Commercial success
5) Bade Miyan Chote Miyan (TV friendly)
6) Srikanth (TV friendly)
7) Bhaiyaa Ji
8) Savi
9) Luv ki arrange marriage
10) Wild Wild Punjab (My prediction, as T-Series is the producer)

It will, Dharma movies like Yodha, Bad Newzz and Jigra will premiere on colors, I think it will be really stupid of them to let go of Zara Hatke Zara Bachke, they sell out Jio Studios movies so that they can make maximum revenue out of it, but selling on Fighter will also be a stupid move, because it's a Viacom 18 production, banking on only Dharma movies will never let them allow to compete with top channels like zee, star and sony. Let's see if they have rights of Kill or not, as Hotstar is associated as The OTT partner of Kill, and Kill will also be mostly censored for TV, so let's see if Colors buys that rights or not...
Kill will not be aired on tv since it's a very violent movie in the case of do aur do pyaar and kill star is only having digital rights if they were having Satellite rights so they would have shown in posters like in munjhya and sarfira mostly their Satellite rights would get unsold same goes for mr and mrs mahi

Sony upcoming premiere lineup
1) Article 370 (Commercial success )
2) Laapata Ladies (Critically acclaimed) + family friendly
3) Operation Valentine (TV friendly)
4) Shaitaan (TV friendly) + Commercial success
5) Bade Miyan Chote Miyan (TV friendly)
6) Srikanth (TV friendly)
7) Bhaiyaa Ji
8) Savi
9) Luv ki arrange marriage
10) Wild Wild Punjab (My prediction, as T-Series is the producer)
Srikanth is critically acclaimed & grossed over 60 crore worldwide

Star is loosing movies after acquiring??
They have lost the rights of Mission raniganj and now Shaitaan which are critically acclaimed and can definitely get good ratings than Zee and Sony.
Is they are tired of acquiring movies or they are cost cutting?
They have now rights of movies like Maidaan,Sarfira,Munjya and Maharaj.

Both ajab gazabb love and rangrezz got renewed by zee from sony that means pooja entertainment movies post 2010 will be with zee now they should renew their 90s movies also and should also try to take bmcm from sony

Many times certain banners have separate agreements with different broadcasters wherein u will see their movies being available in film library of both networks......it can be that old ones r with one broadcasters and new with another or new films being premiered on 1 network while old ones rotating between the two broadcasters at regular intervals.

Also many times film library companies like Shemaroo, Ultra, Eros, etc have rights of old movies of certain movie production houses so it also leads to old movies being with some other broadcaster

That's what I meant when I said Vintage Sony is back...🔥they are really doing well in their Bollywood content library... let's see if Dunki also comes their way or not...but chances are less, let's just see...and If I am not wrong, probably ZHZB will aslo go with sony as Jio will sell off that deal... Let's see...

Bro, this is nothing surprising as apart from T Series library Sony has been acquiring new bollywood movies from other smaller production houses since long time...... As far as Vintage Sony Max is concerned it was a completely different content strategy wherein Sony Max Pre 2010 mostly aired mix 0f old + new bollywood movies all thru the day and even aired many hindi dubbed hollywood movies so currently Sony Max is not even near to being in their old avatar

Back
Top Bottom