Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

• Thread starter Thread starter Joyanaranha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 24,701
  • Views Views: Views 4,300,067
How will star gold handle movies after merger?
They already have star gold/2 romance and utsav movies so they may launch one more channel and romance as a classic movie channel and can handle well they are undisputed leader in handling and managing hindi films and happy that the movies i have watched in my childhood on star gold are coming back to them recently they have renewed atithi tum kab jaoge and ashtavinayak movies like mpkk golmaal and now old dharma red chillies movies will be back nostalgia will be at peak zee and colors didn't able to give the management these movies deserved star will give the right management to these movies

Get YRF back. It feels so off seeing YRF in Disney Star. But realistically atleast one big film and Sony Pictures expanding their slate to big budget films so that their inhouse production has atleast a huge movie
I am a sony fan too but I don't want yrf back to max, sony needs decent south movie every 2-3 month (no need to be pan india) but Sony is cutting budget on that front also.

Get YRF back. It feels so off seeing YRF in Disney Star. But realistically atleast one big film and Sony Pictures expanding their slate to big budget films so that their inhouse production has atleast a huge movie
Let's see what is the strategy new management has or whether they will also be following conservative approach but after the deal with pooja entertainment failed from which they tried to acquire some biggies after losing out yrf and goldmines i don't think they will be going for biggies suddenly but i think they should continue the deal with jio studios as of now

Sony should try to focus on renewing big old movies between 1995-2010 as those network which have good movies between these period have good audience and register good trps e.g - Zee and Star.
Depending only upon new movies premieres will not help as new movies are good as previous movies...
They should try to renew NGE old movies, prakash mehra movies and many more..

Their film studio is not as successful as their rivals because sony has a conservative approach in everything except giving fees to big b for kbc

I just saw the year 2019 trp ratings of movies and found that kalank was in it but soty 2 wasn't in it but colors cineplex airs soty 2 regularly on both hd/sd feeds that too on sd feed more that means it gets trp but how come kalank was there but soty 2 wasn't there and kalank was sidelined after its second airing by star gold can't understand this logic

Hey @ak7777 as a sony fan what changes you want to see after Tushar shah takes over as head of max????

Yes, sony hindi movie channels have new business head but the channel head remains same so i hope that Mr. Shah executes a new content strategy wherein bollywood movies both old + new and dubbed hollywood movies are given more airtime on Sony Max and Sony Wah....also they now need to stop airing CID on Sony Wah ,,if it gets good ratings then they should air it on Sony Pal and launch it on DD Free Dish Platform

I just saw the year 2019 trp ratings of movies and found that kalank was in it but soty 2 wasn't in it but colors cineplex airs soty 2 regularly on both hd/sd feeds that too on sd feed more that means it gets trp but how come kalank was there but soty 2 wasn't there and kalank was sidelined after its second airing by star gold can't understand this logic

Very Simple Answer

Kalank was a big budget movie from a very renowned banner and had a prominent star cast + it was promoted extensively and was a Diwali release.

Although movie was good but it was a mix of arthouse + commercial cinema just like Saanwariya, Jagga Jasoos so in theatres + TV it got good response initially but as it is not a typical masala bollywood movie hence did not resonate well with mass audience hence it failed poorly at box office and on TV after few days / airings

Very Simple Answer

Kalank was a big budget movie from a very renowned banner and had a prominent star cast + it was promoted extensively and was a Diwali release.

Although movie was good but it was a mix of arthouse + commercial cinema just like Saanwariya, Jagga Jasoos so in theatres + TV it got good response initially but as it is not a typical masala bollywood movie hence did not resonate well with mass audience hence it failed poorly at box office and on TV after few days / airings
It wasn't a diwali release and it wasn't a good film and was a flop at box office

Back
Top Bottom