Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

• Thread starter Thread starter Joyanaranha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 24,701
  • Views Views: Views 4,300,067
It wasn't a diwali release and it wasn't a good film and was a flop at box office

Yes it released on 17 April 2019 which was again a holiday on occasion of a festival and hence got extended pre weekend run at cinemas

It was a good film but flopped bcoz of reason i stated..... Even movies like Swades , Lakshya, Guzaarish, Delhi 6, Phir Milenge, Dil Se, Shaurya, Sehar, Ye Dil Aashiqana, Filhaal, Kaun (1999), Company Pyaar Mein Kabhi Kabhi, Mohenjo Daro, Super 30, Khamoshi - The Musical, Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa,Om Jai Jagadish, Ek Hasina Thhi, Mera Pehla Pehla Pyaar, Aloo Chaat, Ta Ra Rum Pum Kabul Express, Dor, and many others failed at box office and even worked not that well on TV but these films have a loyal but small audience base.... I always feel that there r several such under rated mass as well as meaningful bollywood movies which should be promoted + shown more by hindi movie channels.....such movies have lower recall value bcoz either these have smaller stars or despite having big star cast have limited appeal as the storyline + screenplay would be mix of arthouse & mainstream cinema or generally despite all things good these movies r less known / visible on TV chs but i strongly feel that these deserve much more appreciation.

Also movies like Tum Bin, Hum Tum, Saathiya, etc which were hits at box office but again due to it not having big superstars these have not performed well on TV and then there r movies like Tarzan - The Wonder Car, Mela, Baadshah etc. which were huge flops at box office but work extremely well on TV as its content resonates with mass audience.

Broadcasters need to buy mix of old + new bollywood movies be it mainstream or offbeat movies which cater to each type of audience, believe me i have shared list of bollywood movies,,dubbed hollywood movies, hollywood movies and various other feedback with Hindi Movie Channels Head of all prominent broadcasters and Disney-Star is only one to have absorbed, evaluated and made changes in its content strategy bringing right mix of movies on its hindi movie channels thus u see they have managed to garner huge success whereas others r still largely competing in dubbed south indian movies segment so here too Disney Star gets distinct advantage that if advertisers want to reach out to bollywood movies audience and particularly focus on ROI audience base which largely watches bollywood + dubbed hollywood movies then their top preference r Disney Star Hindi Movie Channels and above all having bollywood + hindi dubbed hollywood movies as core part of content strategy is essential even for financial well being of Hindi Movie Channels

For more detailed explanation read posts in this thread

Last edited:
The merger will add unimaginably big library for star and viacom both...

Star Gold Romance can now finally be established as a full fledged romantic movies exclusive channel instead of showing repetitive movies or comedy movies to fill the slots.

But Does that mean the whole sony pictures international library which star had earlier recently shifted to viacom will be again shared with star?

Movies like Spiderman Homecoming,FFH,NWH and the raimi trilogy, 2 venom films moved to viacom and I dont think they get good ratings on channels like color cineplex which doesn't have a good amount of hollywood dubbed audience. Because of which in start they were premiering the movies in prime slot like ' Spiderman:Homecoming ' was aired first time on CC on 8 PM slot but the announced ' Spiderman FFH ' was delayed to the 10:30 pm slot so it definitely means they didn't get good ratings.

Star Gold Thrills was perfect for these movies as Colors doesnt have a vast variety of audience like star has so I'm hoping those movies to come back.

Fanaa,,Bunty aur Bubli, Dhoom Franchise,,Salaam Namaste, Zakhm, Dushman, Sangharsh, Pinjar, Lajja, Hello Brother, Gangster (2005), Kakyg, Jannat, Awaarapan, Woh Lamhe, Saaya (2002), Oye Lucky Lucky Oye, Viruddh (2004), Thakshak, Deewangee (2002), Parineeta, Nayee Padosan, Bhoot r few other good movies not getting proper airtime on TV Channels

Fanaa,,Bunty aur Bubli, Dhoom Franchise,,Salaam Namaste, Zakhm, Dushman, Sangharsh, Pinjar, Lajja, Hello Brother, Gangster (2005), Kakyg, Jannat, Awaarapan, Woh Lamhe, Saaya (2002), Oye Lucky Lucky Oye, Viruddh (2004), Thakshak, Deewangee (2002), Parineeta, Nayee Padosan, Bhoot r few other good movies not getting proper airtime on TV Channels
Dhoom 1 and dhoom 3 are regularly airing on star gold 2 in prime slots

The merger will add unimaginably big library for star and viacom both...

Star Gold Romance can now finally be established as a full fledged romantic movies exclusive channel instead of showing repetitive movies or comedy movies to fill the slots.

But Does that mean the whole sony pictures international library which star had earlier recently shifted to viacom will be again shared with star?

Movies like Spiderman Homecoming,FFH,NWH and the raimi trilogy, 2 venom films moved to viacom and I dont think they get good ratings on channels like color cineplex which doesn't have a good amount of hollywood dubbed audience. Because of which in start they were premiering the movies in prime slot like ' Spiderman:Homecoming ' was aired first time on CC on 8 PM slot but the announced ' Spiderman FFH ' was delayed to the 10:30 pm slot so it definitely means they didn't get good ratings.

Star Gold Thrills was perfect for these movies as Colors doesnt have a vast variety of audience like star has so I'm hoping those movies to come back.
Sony is selling their Hollywood films to networks for few months only soon they will move to some another network

Bro yrf movies will soon move to star so the yrf films you mentioned in the above post have already expired

Back
Top Bottom