Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

• Thread starter Thread starter Joyanaranha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 24,697
  • Views Views: Views 4,299,290
RKD Studios has the rights but still there is no clarity who they will sell it to..... I don't think Viacom18 will be willing to buy its satellite rights at a high price
RKD will either sell to Colors or Sony. Colors will buy dubbed content for high price. They've bought Nani films, will try for bigger South films since they will fill their schedule.

Indian 2 is with colors cineplex and Sharma ji ki beti was always meant to be a prime video movie it will not premiere on tv the prime video movies which premiered on tv were actually meant to release in theatres first

Nothing like that.... Many small budget movies premiere directly on OTT but then premiere on TV too..... Actually many producers wanted to skip theatres and directly release movies on OTT platforms like it happened during 2020 till mid 2022 but post that OTT platforms noticed they r incurring heavy losses buying rights at high price hence they clearly said that they will buy movie only when they r released in cinemas so that pricing us determined based on performance.... So now u will see only some movies releasing directly on OTT ..... Maharaj, Lapataa Ladies, Jaane Jaan too having TV premiere so will many others....these r not movies which have been made exclusively for OTT platforms, ....... Those r separate agreements wherein OTT platforms partner with various production companies to make films / tv content exclusively for their platform

Any update who has acquired satellite rights of PS-1/2, Murder Mubarak,,Merry Christmas, Ishk Vishk Reloaded, Mr. & Mrs. Mahi, Kalki 2898 AD, Trisha On The Rocks, Ulajh, Dunki, ?
PS - 1/2 Should be with Sony Max

Murder Mubarak can be with Disney-Star due to Maddock but only if Netflix allows them to sell the satellite rights

Merry Christmas & Ishq Vishk Rebound may have the same satellite partner since both are produced by TIPS, last movie of TIPS - Gaslight is with Disney-Star

Mr. & Mrs. Mahi is mostly with Zee due to Zee Studios

Ulajh has high chances of being with Zee

Dunki has equal chances of being with each network

Trisha On The Rocks is a Gujarati movie so I don't think any network will buy its Hindi Dubbed Version, I had watched the movie in theatre, its screenplay is too slow & overstretched, it could have been finished within 120-130 mins but they extended it upto 164 mins, one-time watch only if you like rom-com else skip it, the only reason why it is dubbed in Hindi is that its lead actress Janki Bodiwala starred in Shaitaan

Rather than this movie, there another 2 Gujarati movies dubbed in Hindi & both are national award winners - Kutch Express, Chello Show (Last Film Show) both these movies are perfect for SGS, &xplor type channels and should premiere on either of these networks

Murder Mubarak can be with Disney-Star due to Maddock but only if Netflix allows them to sell the satellite rights

Merry Christmas & Ishq Vishk Rebound may have the same satellite partner since both are produced by TIPS, last movie of TIPS - Gaslight is with Disney-Star

Trisha On The Rocks is a Gujarati movie so I don't think any network will buy its Hindi Dubbed Version, I had watched the movie in theatre, its screenplay is too slow & overstretched, it could have been finished within 120-130 mins but they extended it upto 164 mins, one-time watch only if you like rom-com else skip it, the only reason why it is dubbed in Hindi is that its lead actress Janki Bodiwala starred in Shaitaan

Rather than this movie, there another 2 Gujarati movies dubbed in Hindi & both are national award winners - Kutch Express, Chello Show (Last Film Show) both these movies are perfect for SGS, &xplor type channels and should premiere on either of these networks

Thanks for such a brilliant and elaborate explanation bro..... I really appreciate it.

Trisha On The Rocks has Panorama Studios as distribution partner so i think Zee might acquire satellite rights .

Mr. & Mrs. Mahi might go to Disney-Star....it is co produced by Dharma Productions and previously too i have noticed that certain co-produced films have gone to rival broadcast platforms more as just like Viacom18 , zee too must be looking at best monetization possibility for its films.

I think right now Dunki seems will either premiere on Sony or Disney-Star.... If Zee had the rights then it won't have delayed airing it until now. Also Red Chillies owned movies r likely to exit Zee and even older movies with Viacom18 likely to expire soon and henceforth maybe Disney-Star will air its new movies while also getting access to older movies as they exit rival network...... Some members must b thinking when merger is happening between Viacom18 and Disney-Star then how does my comment make sense, well 1stly it is a merger and still there r certain decisions both companies will take individually too for its channels and above all for agreements signed before merger officially comes into implementation still only that network will have movie library access from that banner until agreement is reworked to accommodate partner firm in it thereby leading to sharing of movie library....if u remember when Disney took over Star India then UTV Motion Pictures continued to air on just UTV branded channels until later agreement for same was reworked to share library with Star India hindi movie channels

Gaslight and bhoot police were with star gold because they were hotstar acquisitions for eg: a Thursday produced by rsvp movies Satellite rights was with star because it was premiered on hotstar jabki RSVP is having a deal with zee but still it was with star because it was premiered on hotstar so bhoot police and Gaslight were hotstar acquisitions so it does not mean that tips is having a satellite deal with star

Thanks for such a brilliant and elaborate explanation bro..... I really appreciate it.

Trisha On The Rocks has Panorama Studios as distribution partner so i think Zee might acquire satellite rights .

Mr. & Mrs. Mahi might go to Disney-Star....it is co produced by Dharma Productions and previously too i have noticed that certain co-produced films have gone to rival broadcast platforms more as just like Viacom18 , zee too must be looking at best monetization possibility for its films.

I think right now Dunki seems will either premiere on Sony or Disney-Star.... If Zee had the rights then it won't have delayed airing it until now. Also Red Chillies owned movies r likely to exit Zee and even older movies with Viacom18 likely to expire soon and henceforth maybe Disney-Star will air its new movies while also getting access to older movies as they exit rival network...... Some members must b thinking when merger is happening between Viacom18 and Disney-Star then how does my comment make sense, well 1stly it is a merger and still there r certain decisions both companies will take individually too for its channels and above all for agreements signed before merger officially comes into implementation still only that network will have movie library access from that banner until agreement is reworked to accommodate partner firm in it thereby leading to sharing of movie library....if u remember when Disney took over Star India then UTV Motion Pictures continued to air on just UTV branded channels until later agreement for same was reworked to share library with Star India hindi movie channels
May be for dunki zee doesn't want to pay high because it was weak than hirani previous films and there were allegations of corporate bookings by some journalists

Gaslight and bhoot police were with star gold because they were hotstar acquisitions for eg: a Thursday produced by rsvp movies Satellite rights was with star because it was premiered on hotstar jabki RSVP is having a deal with zee but still it was with star because it was premiered on hotstar so bhoot police and Gaslight were hotstar acquisitions so it does not mean that tips is having a satellite deal with star
It doesn't matter. The Digital Rights and Satellite Rights are two different things. Remember Atrangi Re and Sanak, both were premiered on Disney+ Hotstar; still the satellite rights were with Sony and Zee respectively. Only sometimes both Digital and Satellite Rights (combo) are acquired by a single network—like the films you mentioned.

It doesn't matter. The Digital Rights and Satellite Rights are two different things. Remember Atrangi Re and Sanak, both were premiered on Disney+ Hotstar; still the satellite rights were with Sony and Zee respectively. Only sometimes both Digital and Satellite Rights (combo) are acquired by a single network—like the films you mentioned.
In the cases of atrangi re sanak govinda naam Mera co producers owned the Satellite rights in some cases this has happened it's the understanding between all the producers involved

Expecting Excel Films movies to be shifting to another broadcaster soon..... Also until now no promos released for premiere of Madgaon Express though it released alongside the movie Crew and even Fukrey (2013) not renewed by Zee since it exited Disney-Star movie library few months back.... Also current line up of movies from Excel Films too r repeating very often on Zee hindi movie channels
I think zee is now-a-days repeating all films just like sony was doing because rajshri films are also repeating and plus aamir khan production has already made exit from zee and boney Kapoor latest movie maidaan went to star and his older films now has chances of moving to star and dhamaal(2007) will also move to star soon through shemaroo so what will be left with zee???

Back
Top Bottom