Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

• Thread starter Thread starter Joyanaranha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 25,054
  • Views Views: Views 4,353,168

Miss this old kind of star gold, I will be thankful to star gold and star movies for enhancing my interest in Hollywood movies, every Saturday evening one Hindi dubbed movie used to telecast on star gold which was a unique collection and some exclusive movies telecasted back then,the movies which we don't see in today's era, Alas, star gold skipped that segment and despite having dedicated channel (thrills) the void is there
True ,I remember watching The mummy Franchise on Star Gold .After that Sony bought it's satellite rights but I don't know which channel currently holds the right for old mummy Franchise,if someone knows please let me know

Last edited:
But this kills the value of movies
Ik that even Star does it for some films. If new films will come then new films will get the same treatment depending upon the ratings. Animal & Laapata Ladies were successful for Max so they are maximising it even after cost recovery. For some films they've used this strategy smartly like KGF series, Baahubali series by airing the first part on one day and the second the very next day or Sultan on one day, Tiger Zinda Hai the very next day.
Ig with Animal and Laapata Ladies, both films are contrasting. That's why they are doing double feature

Last edited:
@dino29 buddy, you told you always give feedback to different channels and Only Star listened to it...can you please share a feedback with Star to not cut scenes in latest movies atleast? This absolutely KILLS my and my entire family's movie watching experience, I was watching Crakk recently, and they cut out entire scenes from the film, a movie with a runtime of 2hrs 30 mins, is reduced to 2hrs 10 mins, with an entire climax cut off from the film, songs cut out from the film, etc...I was watching Shootout at Wadala in watershed hours in star, and the watching experience was just PATHETIC in one word, they mute the cuss words, that's okay, but in doing that, there was an entire conversation between two people that was muted and I had to read it with the help of subtitles, for an A rated film, in watershed hours, after 12 am, why would you do such things? I was watching a Marvel movie in Star Gold Thrills, and they cut out all the post credit scenes from the movie, like they were showing the scenes in split screen, with half of the screen showing some random promos of their channel, and the another screen with the post credit scene with no audio in it... Being a Marvel fan, who waits till the absolute end of the movie to watch both the post credits, it is absolutely IRRITATING, ANNOYING AND PATHETIC at the same time, when a channel does this, because post credits are also important part of Marvel movies, atleast for marvel fans, in a Bengali movie bagha jatin in star jalsha movies, they cut out almost 7 minutes of content even when they are premiering it, this random movie cuts just annoys me like hell, and I don't know about others, but I haven't found them in Sony or Zee, maybe Star manages Hindi movies better as compared to Sony or Zee, but the movie watching experience for many movies is pathetic in star, because I just hate random cuts In scenes...star might have a better Bollywood library, with better management and all, but what is the point if the experience is like this? I am not a star hater buddy, but I just shared my feedback with you, so you can see convey it to them because I personally think they definitely need to improve in this front...I love movies, not any particular broadcaster or company, whichever channel will give me the best watching experience of the movie, I am happy with that channel,....can you please provide this feedback bro?

@dino29 buddy, you told you always give feedback to different channels and Only Star listened to it...can you please share a feedback with Star to not cut scenes in latest movies atleast? This absolutely KILLS my and my entire family's movie watching experience, I was watching Crakk recently, and they cut out entire scenes from the film, a movie with a runtime of 2hrs 30 mins, is reduced to 2hrs 10 mins, with an entire climax cut off from the film, songs cut out from the film, etc...I was watching Shootout at Wadala in watershed hours in star, and the watching experience was just PATHETIC in one word, they mute the cuss words, that's okay, but in doing that, there was an entire conversation between two people that was muted and I had to read it with the help of subtitles, for an A rated film, in watershed hours, after 12 am, why would you do such things? I was watching a Marvel movie in Star Gold Thrills, and they cut out all the post credit scenes from the movie, like they were showing the scenes in split screen, with half of the screen showing some random promos of their channel, and the another screen with the post credit scene with no audio in it... Being a Marvel fan, who waits till the absolute end of the movie to watch both the post credits, it is absolutely IRRITATING, ANNOYING AND PATHETIC at the same time, when a channel does this, because post credits are also important part of Marvel movies, atleast for marvel fans, in a Bengali movie bagha jatin in star jalsha movies, they cut out almost 7 minutes of content even when they are premiering it, this random movie cuts just annoys me like hell, and I don't know about others, but I haven't found them in Sony or Zee, maybe Star manages Hindi movies better as compared to Sony or Zee, but the movie watching experience for many movies is pathetic in star, because I just hate random cuts In scenes...star might have a better Bollywood library, with better management and all, but what is the point if the experience is like this? I am not a star hater buddy, but I just shared my feedback with you, so you can see convey it to them because I personally think they definitely need to improve in this front...I love movies, not any particular broadcaster or company, whichever channel will give me the best watching experience of the movie, I am happy with that channel,....can you please provide this feedback bro?
That’s the only reason I hate star….always cuts the songs too….please convey my message also please don’t cut the songs

Back
Top Bottom