Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Can't we confirm to Sony
They are not aggressive like Star and Zee
Bro Sony is personally interested in these types of films, comedy type, and in the renewal list it was written that phir hera pheri welcome etc and other firoz A nadiawala movies moving to Sony from zee
And definitely zee has become and currently is number 1 in terms of in buying bollywood films aggressively after selling Ten sports to Sony for nearly Rs2600 crore.

Last edited:
Bro Sony is personally interested in these types of films, comedy type, and in the renewal list it was written that phir hera pheri welcome etc and other firoz A nadiawala movies moving to Sony from zee
And definitely zee has become and currently is number 1 in terms of in buying bollywood films aggressively after selling Ten sports to Sony for nearly Rs2600 crore.
Bro in Star Network Sports and Entertainment business completely different and They are Aggressive in Both Sports or movie acquisition
But Sony Struggling in both business and don't know why they are not aggressively like Star
Neeraj Vyas completely waste and I think Sony Need Good Business and Content acquisition Head for both sports and movie

Bro in Star Network Sports and Entertainment business completely different and They are Aggressive in Both Sports or movie acquisition
But Sony Struggling in both business and don't know why they are not aggressively like Star
Neeraj Vyas completely waste and I think Sony Need Good Business and Content acquisition Head for both sports and movie
The reason star is aggressive - (Fox +star +Disney)partnership with fox and Disney(star individually wouldn't have been able to buy so many rights individually at all) While Sony managing all departments individually.
Sony is the clear leader in GEC department currently, actually they were in movies also till 2-3 years ago back. Foxstar +Disney is definitely the leader when it comes comes to Cricket, not in all sports, sony is best in Football, and having marquee events like WWE, Asian games,Commonwealth games OLYMPICS, UFC, NBA,Australian open, rights of various cricketing boards etc. Actually ten sports was in very bad condition when it was with zee network, but from when Sony has bought it, they have manged it very well.. And bro neeraj vyas is having responsibilities of movies and GEC department not of sports.he has done a fantastic job in gec department but not so much in movies segment So actually sony has managed ten sports really well.
Coming to bollywood movies acquisition zee is definitely the currently leader and foxstar +Disney is also very good but Sony not that behind

Last edited:
Buddy! Please do some research about ranting about something. IPL rights bought in Sept 2017, BCCI rights in April 2018. Both well before Disney acquired Star. IPL even well before Disney even started talks and BCCI rights when Disney and Comcast fighting for 21CF with bids.

Here are links for you to go through before you say the same again and again even after explaining.

STAR India wins BCCI media rights for Rs 6138.10 crore from 2018 to 2023

Star India wins IPL media rights for next five years - Times of India ►
Yash Raj Films moves from Sony to Star Network; reportedly signs Rs. 500 cr deal with television major? : Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama
Read this also bro after doing partnership with Disney it has boosted their economy and that's why the are able to buy so many rights
From IPL To Bollywood, The India Edge For Disney In $ 52 Billion Fox Deal
https://m.economictimes.com/industr...ox-on-the-same-pitch/articleshow/62090513.cms

Last edited:
Yash Raj Films moves from Sony to Star Network; reportedly signs Rs. 500 cr deal with television major? : Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama
Read this also bro after doing partnership with Disney it has boosted their economy and that's why the are able to buy so many rights
Buddy! I was talking about Ipl and bcci rights. Yash Raj may be i don't know. You have to understand, Star is run by the same people before and after Disney acquisition. Have you ever read any source claiming that Disney infused capital to Star. I did not read that.if such infusement they have to go through govt regulations as they are foreign investments. U can see them on business news. See whenever Star parent company of Novi Digital(Hotstar) infuses money to it, it was over news.

Star India invested $192 million into Hotstar parent - ETtech

If u see any news like this, then comment about that. Unnecessarily don't comment on anything you can't prove with proper citations buddy. I agree backing of Disney gave star some additional cushioning but that's it.

Which network is having satellite rights of mela is it shared by any network with b4U

So Sony-Viacom18 too can do this, infact i think Discovery, Turner will join this entity. Star has been investing heavily but with Disney coming in some over the top spending in sports/cricket will likely b toned down. Even Zee doing well all alone. Sony is doing fine in managing sports content, rather than spending heavy on cricket it has chosen to buy other sports lesser priced rights and giving them adequate space, i do not support Star for showing cricket all across to recover investment.

Sony should hv built good relationship with prominent bollywood studios or banners but they were just too reliant on buying dubbed cinema and now stuck with few options, Star ramped up significantly after Disney came in and type of acquisition deals also changed. Even in English Content, Star ahead of Sony

Zee is actually buying so many bollywood stuff because they are no more having sports channels. Actually Sony still having many bollywood banners, but not as much as that of star or zee, but its sufficient for them to go forward, they might buy few more banners

Last edited:
Arre bhai, this movie is in B4U library hence Zee is the one who gets it but this movie has aired so many times and still does so zee does not see any benefit in airing it across their chs
Not necessarily, Sony has also recently shared few movies with b4U. Mela might be with zee

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock