Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

• Thread starter Thread starter Joyanaranha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 25,104
  • Views Views: Views 4,371,666
I guess if sony was smart then they could have premierd the less popular bollywood movies like Arjun patiala, khandani shaffakhana, Jai mummy di on Sony sab first where they are very strong.
There these movies would have done the best there
And after premiering on sony sab then they could have done their premier on sony max
I think sony max should premier the big bollywood movies like kabir Singh, pati patni aur woh, Street dancer 3D , Malang, Gulabo sitabo etc AS THEY DO
But The lest popular ones could be first aired on sab, then on max

Last edited:
I guess if sony was smart then they could have premierd the less popular bollywood movies like Arjun patiala, khandani shaffakhana, Jai mummy di on Sony sab first where they are very strong.
There these movies would have done the best there
And after premiering on sony sab then they could have done their premier on sony max
I think sony max should premier the big bollywood movies like kabir Singh, pati patni aur woh, Street dancer 3D , Malang, Gulabo sitabo etc AS THEY DO
But The lest popular ones could be first aired on sab, then on max

Well if they had well thought about strategy then airing even classic films would have done well on Pal. Infact right now they can air even films upto 90s or 2000s on Pal as Wah is absent on Free Dish particularly ones not finding space on their movie chs.

Sony is particularly bad in managing post 2000 bollywood content, so many good films lying idle in their library. I can vouch that they will get better ratings if aired on Wah than Max2 manages to get, it is not always about high ratings but giving all content proper airtime. Zee, Star lot better than Sony in doing so.

Sony has lost out so many films/banners and now whatever is left they would have to pay high price to renew ... If they managed films well on chs and maintained cordial partnership with banners then economics would have worked well. T Series which is the only big banner with Sony may also move out to Star, this is based on what i foresee.
Sippy Films, Firoz Nadiadwala, Manmohan Desai Films, Vijeta Films might come to Sony/Viacom18.

T series will not move, because the ones which @dino29 has mentioned for going to Sony is not making regular films, though they might get it
Though sony will get Firoz A Nadiawala and have already got rising sun films.
Plus sony is mangaing T series a lot better than when it was with star
When star - T series deal was on almost none of the movies worked except sanam Re and most of them were flops and disasters and both T series and star were in loss
T SERIES didn't left star in 2017 to join them again
Sony then got T series and the success rate is a lot high.
U are hoping for T series to move to ur fav Star network from nearly last one year but nothing has happened and will remain so
And at last u urself will tell everyone to be unbiased, but u will just try to pick the shortcomings of sony only
And when someone says about the shortcomings of star, u will not listen and try to prove it wrong
AND IF U SAY THAT U ARE NEUTRAL THEN WHY do u hope for T series, vvc films, dharma productions, excel entartimmet etc to all move at star only even if you don't have any reason.
So please be unbiased and try to point out shortcomings of other networks also
Plus I am also still blaming to Sony for not having a SGS or & explorer type channel.
And giving more preference to south movies SOME TIMES

Last edited:
T series will not move, because the ones which @dino29 has mentioned for going to Sony is not making regular films, though they might get it
Though sony will get Firoz A Nadiawala and have already got rising sun films.
Plus sony is mangaing T series a lot better than when it was with star
When star - T series deal was on almost none of the movies worked except sanam Re and most of them were flops and disasters and both T series and star were in loss
T SERIES didn't left star in 2017 to join them again
Sony then got T series and the success rate is a lot high.
U are hoping for T series to move to ur fav Star network from nearly last one year but nothing has happened and will remain so
And at last u urself will tell everyone to be unbiased, but u will just try to pick the shortcomings of sony only
And when someone says about the shortcomings of star, u will not listen and try to prove it wrong
So please be unbiased and try to point out shortcomings of other networks also
Plus I am also still blaming to Sony for not having a SGS or & explorer type channel.
And giving more preference to south movies SOME TIMES

Let time ultimately decide what happens. Regarding being neutral , well let my posts from last 10 yrs speak for it. Problem is that u r seeing my views on hindi movie chs which point out to certain things where sony is on losing wicket while zee, Star r better off but tend to ignore where i have appreciated quality of transmission, presentation sony brings. Anyways just at last plz read my posts on cricket overdose on star sports or how poorly managed r zee network english cluster chs and maybe ur opinion on me will change.

Anyways i tend to not post often here nowadays bcoz i know unnecessary arguments take place which consume precious energy, time. After this i will not even clarify unless it is actually required

Back
Top Bottom