Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

• Thread starter Thread starter Joyanaranha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 25,104
  • Views Views: Views 4,371,666
If BR Chopra movie Naya daur has moved to star, so will his some other movies also move??
I know that the ones in which multiple producers are involved who are having agreements with other networks those will not move, but will those move in which he is the sole producer??

Kya Sooper Kool Hai Hum shifted from zee to star. 2 more Shemaroo/Ultra films Humse Badkar Kaun, Dil Tera Deewana added to stat library . Star/Disney pushing the accelerator hard to acquire max bollywood films

Kya Sooper Kool Hai Hum shifted from zee to star. 2 more Shemaroo/Ultra films Humse Badkar Kaun, Dil Tera Deewana added to stat library . Star/Disney pushing the accelerator hard to acquire max bollywood films
kya super kool hai hum was with Sony and it already shifted a few months back as part of shift of balaji films movies to star

Simbaa(satellite rights - Zee) has been treated really well by them
I think zee will do the same good management for sooryavanshi also

Well if they had well thought about strategy then airing even classic films would have done well on Pal. Infact right now they can air even films upto 90s or 2000s on Pal as Wah is absent on Free Dish particularly ones not finding space on their movie chs.

Sony is particularly bad in managing post 2000 bollywood content, so many good films lying idle in their library. I can vouch that they will get better ratings if aired on Wah than Max2 manages to get, it is not always about high ratings but giving all content proper airtime. Zee, Star lot better than Sony in doing so.

Sony has lost out so many films/banners and now whatever is left they would have to pay high price to renew ... If they managed films well on chs and maintained cordial partnership with banners then economics would have worked well. T Series which is the only big banner with Sony may also move out to Star, this is based on what i foresee.
Sippy Films, Firoz Nadiadwala, Manmohan Desai Films, Vijeta Films might come to Sony/Viacom18.
Vijayta already with Sony
Except Ghayal Once Again , Dillagi all vijayta films eg Barsaat, Ghayal, Indian are with Sony and all are being managed well.

If BR Chopra movie Naya daur has moved to star, so will his some other movies also move??
I know that the ones in which multiple producers are involved who are having agreements with other networks those will not move, but will those move in which he is the sole producer??
Naya Daur Rights are with Shemaroo his other films rights are shared between them and NH studioz

Most probably Sony will cancel the deal with T Series
Recent negative news of bushan Kumar will effect to upcoming movies including Bigie Satyameva Jayate 2 and many more movies

Back
Top Bottom