Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

• Thread starter Thread starter Joyanaranha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 25,104
  • Views Views: Views 4,371,727
Yes we all saw how they promoted them earlier. And for that very reason it came to Sony where success ratio is much high where it is getting more benefits
OK if u still hope for T series to move to Star as u are doing its from past 1 year T series didn't left star to join them back I won't argue about it any further as its not going to end
And I guess @yashl bro @ak7777 bro and few other members have explained the things to u in a more better manner earlier only
wait till September bhai and we will see what shall happen. I m just estimating based on my study of how things r shaping up. Please tell Sony to give more focus to bollywood, i will b more than happy if they make transition. I have myself been requesting them for last so many years

wait till September bhai and we will see what shall happen. I m just estimating based on my study of how things r shaping up. Please tell Sony to give more focus to bollywood, i will b more than happy if they make transition. I have myself been requesting them for last so many years
OK bro I think we should let the producers and network decide that where they are more comfortable at and who is offering better price
Because neither I am the or u are the one who will decide where the production house will go or stay. It just leads to uneesary arguments and lots of energy and time consumption as u told earlier 😊
And at last requesting everyone not to self assume anything unless and until there is official confirmation for the same

I am surprised that jai mummy di (satellite rights - Sony) is airing on Sunday (19 th July) at 12 pm, I thought that they would shown it at the Friday 8 pm slot
Though this is also not a bad slot for its premier, it has the potential to work well on tv

Actually the lockdown has been quite instrumental in showing movie management if various networks and Sony haa easily scored the most. This also adds up to the fact because of the B4U deal. And Since I and @rahul_apk bro have pointed out there will be less effect as far as tv deals is concerned. The lockdown actually showed how vulnerable Star is. They lost some of their amazing films like Maachis, Apna Desh to Zee which in my opinion they could have handled it better. At least Maachis should have been remastered so as to air on Star Gold Select. But Star is gaining with most of the production houses currently favoring them. The War trick is not working anymore and Housefull 4 is the only bastion of hope as far as Star's ratings are concerned.
Regarding TSeries they are a money minded company but they won't work with Star because their deal with Star between 2014-17 was a disaster. Except Yaariyan and Sanam Re nothing was in place, and Bhushan already dealt with Disney for two of his Adult Films like Ek Paheli Leela and Hate Story 2 so there is a bleak possibility

I am surprised that jai mummy di (satellite rights - Sony) is airing on Sunday (19 th July) at 12 pm, I thought that they would shown it at the Friday 8 pm slot
Though this is also not a bad slot for its premier, it has the potential to work well on tv
I think they are premiering it to get the mojo and sponsors since films like Street Dancer 3D will get easily. So it's basically a demo movie for Sony to show sponsor viability

Manoj vajpyee's film Bhonsle has received mostly outstanding reviews, though don't know if it comes on TV and will work there or not

I think they are premiering it to get the mojo and sponsors since films like Street Dancer 3D will get easily. So it's basically a demo movie for Sony to show sponsor viability
Definitely agree with u Actually I think that they will succeed in doing that as they also got many sponsors when they aired Dhanush sir movie chennai central at same Sunday 12 pm slot

Last edited:
After Thappad's premiere May be Zee must be thinking to buck up since their two major premieres are pending. Already Sony has announced an array of some really amazing dubbed content (Kaithi, Thambi, Raatchasi) Action is the only substandard film in the dubbed list but also it would be the most shown film as well. Same goes for Bollywood premieres as well.
Star has two big premieres Tanhaji and Baaghi 3 and Viacom is basically premiering films which have been expired from Sony

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom