Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

• Thread starter Thread starter Joyanaranha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 25,104
  • Views Views: Views 4,371,785
Actually the lockdown has been quite instrumental in showing movie management if various networks and Sony haa easily scored the most. This also adds up to the fact because of the B4U deal. And Since I and @rahul_apk bro have pointed out there will be less effect as far as tv deals is concerned. The lockdown actually showed how vulnerable Star is. They lost some of their amazing films like Maachis, Apna Desh to Zee which in my opinion they could have handled it better. At least Maachis should have been remastered so as to air on Star Gold Select. But Star is gaining with most of the production houses currently favoring them. The War trick is not working anymore and Housefull 4 is the only bastion of hope as far as Star's ratings are concerned.
Regarding TSeries they are a money minded company but they won't work with Star because their deal with Star between 2014-17 was a disaster. Except Yaariyan and Sanam Re nothing was in place, and Bhushan already dealt with Disney for two of his Adult Films like Ek Paheli Leela and Hate Story 2 so there is a bleak possibility

I really did not quite understand what u said in 1st part of post. Managing what? Old 80s, 90s films managed well by all ... Zee ahead in classic genre followed by Sony... In new films star is leading. About star losing out few films, well this is not a big deal as these things keep happening but maintaining input-output bal is essential and here sony is losing as far as post 2000 bollywood content is concerned. Where did u find star fragile they did well on all fronts, premiering new hit movies and even giving so many free on ott. Getting so many old films from ultra, shemaroo, balaji films, etc. Sony is majorly dependent on goldmines dubbed library and much more fragile. About T Series just wait to see what is in store

I really did not quite understand what u said in 1st part of post. Managing what? Old 80s, 90s films managed well by all ... Zee ahead in classic genre followed by Sony... In new films star is leading. About star losing out few films, well this is not a big deal as these things keep happening but maintaining input-output bal is essential and here sony is losing as far as post 2000 bollywood content is concerned. Where did u find star fragile they did well on all fronts, premiering new hit movies and even giving so many free on ott. Getting so many old films from ultra, shemaroo, balaji films, etc. Sony is majorly dependent on goldmines dubbed library and much more fragile. About T Series just wait to see what is in store
People were really fed up of repeats as far as Star was concerned although they did improve by airing Hollywood content and now I think it's the most accessible channel as well. Here also UTV Saved them just as B4U for Sony. SGS looks amazing and it's a delight nowadays to watch films on Star. But they'll have to keep this continuing

People were really fed up of repeats as far as Star was concerned although they did improve by airing Hollywood content and now I think it's the most accessible channel as well. Here also UTV Saved them just as B4U for Sony. SGS looks amazing and it's a delight nowadays to watch films on Star. But they'll have to keep this continuing
Keep sharing feedback with chs and tag concerned people responsible for managing them. I have seen this yielding great results time and again. U can also mail or send feedback on their site

I think SGS Needs to add movies like chappak, Mardaani 2,love aaj Kal, the Zoya factor in their library
As sony wah has also added ones like Raabta, Batla house, khandani shaffakhana, satellite shankar, Arjun patiala, Setters, Firangi etc and b4u ones
Plus would like to suggest SPN to atleast add sony wah HD also

Excel Films library not being used properly by Zee, even movies like Yuva, Swades, Cheeni Kum , Iqbal, Dor, Ye Kya Ho Raha Hai, Guru, Dil Se, Cocktail, MP3 and many more not getting space on SD chs

I think SGS Needs to add movies like chappak, Mardaani 2,love aaj Kal, the Zoya factor in their library
As sony wah has also added ones like Raabta, Batla house, khandani shaffakhana, satellite shankar, Arjun patiala, Setters, Firangi etc and b4u ones
Plus would like to suggest SPN to atleast add sony wah HD also

Wait, Wait Sony/Viacom18 will have bollywood content on Colors Cineplex but offbeat stuff might remain restricted to after hrs. Zee, Star has much bigger alternate , meaningful cinema library and Zee needs to use it properly

Yes most of them only aired on & explorer

I must say those not getting And Xplor r missing out on some awesome films. Zee should expand its reach and even launch sd version. And If lagaan can b shown on and pictures or zee cinema why can't swades... Long duration is not problem and Swades is a once in lifetime marvelous piece of art

Back
Top Bottom