Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

I must say those not getting And Xplor r missing out on some awesome films. Zee should expand its reach and even launch sd version. And If lagaan can b shown on and pictures or zee cinema why can't swades... Long duration is not problem and Swades is a once in lifetime marvelous piece of art
Actually Swades wasn't very huge hit or big commercial film like srk's other big films like DDLJ, devdas, mohabatein, my name is khan etc etc
It is surely a very good film but I think when zee aires, on its main channel, then it doesn't provides that much trps or its a which doesn't attracts much viewers as much as srk other films does
U should blame the viewers here also a bit because they are only expecting aamir or Shahrukh khan to do a big commercial type film always. But when they do a non commercial type they don't get that much appreciation or money I guess TOH wasn't that bad the way it was treated plus even fan or Swades deserve a lot more than what they got

Actually Swades wasn't very huge hit or big commercial film like srk's other big films like DDLJ, devdas, mohabatein, my name is khan etc etc
It is surely a very good film but I think when zee aires, on its main channel, then it doesn't provides that much trps or its a which doesn't attracts much viewers as much as srk other films does
U should blame the viewers here also a bit because they are only expecting aamir or Shahrukh khan to do a big commercial type film always. But when they do a non commercial type they don't get that much appreciation or money I guess TOH wasn't that bad the way it was treated plus even fan or Swades deserve a lot more than what they got

Viewers r partly to blame but channels should promote movie in right manner to generate audience interest.... 1st to refresh memory of those who know about it , 2nd to let know those unaware and attract both on their ch rather than ott. Chs r not doing this and many gems getting lost in their library which is saddening. Thugs Of Hindostan is nice film and so r Ta Ra Rum Pum , Salaam Namaste, New York , Mission Kashmir ,Tum Bin, Wake Up Sid, Happy Bhag Jayegi, Yuva etc but chs just not giving them fair chance. Swades is lot better than Lagaan and hence ratings will come

Viewers r partly to blame but channels should promote movie in right manner to generate audience interest.... 1st to refresh memory of those who know about it , 2nd to let know those unaware and attract both on their ch rather than ott. Chs r not doing this and many gems getting lost in their library which is saddening. Thugs Of Hindostan is nice film and so r Ta Ra Rum Pum , Salaam Namaste, New York , Mission Kashmir ,Tum Bin, Wake Up Sid, Happy Bhag Jayegi, Yuva etc but chs just not giving them fair chance. Swades is lot better than Lagaan and hence ratings will come
Will agree with all films u said but would slightly disagree for TOH, they promoted it well it was premierd on sony max just next to the week after when they did wtp of blockbuster kgf but it absouletly did nothing neither on sony max premier which was done in March last year nor on sony wah premier which happened last year on 22 December. It is still premierd some times on wah and max on prime slots
But it isn't working yet due to much negativity spread around by some people
While salam namaste, mission kashmir used to be regular feature on max few years back, but now mostly shown at midnight or early morning slot (6 am) which I guess they should air on prime slots

Last edited:
I think the film will be renewed by Sony (geetha arts - Sony)
I also want Geetha Arts movies On Sony
But Allu - Chiranjeevi family Production Houses movies Dhruva, Khaidi no 150 they directly Sold to Star Gold without Third parties involvement

I also want Geetha Arts movies On Sony
But Allu - Chiranjeevi family Production Houses movies Dhruva, Khaidi no 150 they directly Sold to Star Gold without Third parties involvement
And geetha govindam sold to zee cinema bro.

BIGGG ANNOUNCEMENT... #AkshayKumar, #AjayDevgn, #AbhishekBachchan, #AliaBhatt, #VarunDhawan will be LIVE on #DisneyPlusHotstar with #UdayShankar [President, The Walt Disney Co and Chairman, Star & Disney India]... Mark your calendars: TOMORROW, Monday, 29 June 2020, 4.30 pm.
Source

So looks like coolie no.1 also to release directly on hotstar,that's odd because previous posters mentioned amazon prime as the streaming partner.

So the satellite rights of coolie no. 1 will also be affected??

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock