Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Bro today the condition of sony is down I know but bahubali series and kgf is enough to surpass all networks remember this..
Look out for key word in my post which is "penetration"... Right now it is negligible if we take into account reliable speed and access to streaming gadgets connected with tv or smart tv itself. I m referring to near or somewhat distant future. Anyways sony has lot of challenges at hand, they need to push lot harder to tackle and keep up with competitors else I m afraid more of their chs will shutdown

Look out for key word in my post which is "penetration"... Right now it is negligible if we take into account reliable speed and access to streaming gadgets connected with tv or smart tv itself. I m referring to near or somewhat distant future. Anyways sony has lot of challenges at hand, they need to push lot harder to tackle and keep up with competitors else I m afraid more of their chs will shutdown
U are wrong on this penetration point, the Internet penetration is quite a lot currently only sarrainodu has 300 million plus views on YouTube alone it is also on other platforms while mr majnu had 75 million plus views in 10 days,so already people are watching these movies a lot on YouTube yet their tv ratings are consistent for sarrainodu ,dj 260 million plus views and these are sizeable views just look at the views for most hit songs videos which are of just 5 odd minutes

Bro today the condition of sony is down I know but bahubali series and kgf is enough to surpass all networks remember this..

Ur statement seems to b overplaying the impact these movies have on overall ratings of Sony, reality is even with some of big dubbed movies in library sony would not b able to sustain running hindi movie chs... Atleast wah will have to shut down or revamp if things continue downhill

U are wrong on this penetration point, the Internet penetration is quite a lot currently only sarrainodu has 300 million plus views on YouTube alone it is also on other platforms while mr majnu had 75 million plus views in 10 days,so already people are watching these movies a lot on YouTube yet their tv ratings are consistent for sarrainodu ,dj 260 million plus views and these are sizeable views just look at the views for most hit songs videos which are of just 5 odd minutes

Just google and search data about tv universe, reliable internet speed/penetration and compare all things. Right now handful watch full movie on internet, views r mere impression of clicks received... Most people back out due to various issues and still those views r minute compared to tv impressions

Yes totally agreed with ur opinion.

Even take the example of sooryavansham, watched by so many people across u tube and other platforms, people still watch it on tv and provides consistent ratings, same applies for the goldmines ones so giving excuses every time won't work

Last edited:
Even take the example of sooryavansham, watched by so many people across u tube and other platforms, people still watch it on tv and provides consistent ratings, same applies for the goldmines ones

People watching on net is small % and in that too most r doing it on mobile screen thus for mass audience tv still is cheapest and most accessible entertainment medium unlike niche audience which has switched to ott at much rapid pace. Also please do not confuse views on YouTube with number of people watching complete movie there, many of it r just clicks which translate into few min of viewing.

People watching on net is small % and in that too most r doing it on mobile screen thus for mass audience tv still is cheapest and most accessible entertainment medium unlike niche audience which has switched to ott at much rapid pace. Also please do not confuse views on YouTube with number of people watching complete movie there, many of it r just clicks which translate into few min of viewing.

Just google and search data about tv universe, reliable internet speed/penetration and compare all things. Right now handful watch full movie on internet, views r mere impression of clicks received... Most people back out due to various issues and still those views r minute compared to tv impressions

As @dino29 bro mentioned, YouTube will calculate as view if you spend watching a video for more than 30 seconds. So many of those views haven't even been completed.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock