Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

I think star utsav movies and star gold select should become a free channel. Also they should be available on every dth and cable platforms.

First let them add SGS in primary SVP bouquet, they r wrong in excluding it without a valid reason. This ch has potential to succeed

Mardaani in the afternoon slot on max and max HD on Saturday after many days
Last Saturday Even Chak De India Was Aired After A Long Time And This Saturday It Is Mardaani. Any Reason Why YRF Films Are Being Aired In Saturday Afternoon Slot After A Long Time? I Hope Old YRF Movies Are Not Moving To Star

Badaai ho nd raaz reboot promo on dhinchak.
Any Reason Why Badhaai Ho Is Being Ignored Star And UTV Channels? At Least It Should Be Aired On SGS And They Should Write In Accolades 'National Film Award For Best Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment' Just As They Had Written For Pink 'National Film Award For Best Film On Other Social Issues' 2 Days Back When It Was Aired.

Bro Even Home Alone Is Going To Be Aired On Star Gold SD Only. Star Gold HD Is Going To Air 10 Ka Dum Tomorrow At 8 PM. Does Anyone Knows What Is The Reason Behind It?

1 - acquiring film in hd format is costly or maybe hindi dubbed hd version of this film is not available and star does not wish to invest in dubbing it themselves.

2- even if they acquire, dub the movie then what will b return of investment.... It will not b much bcoz most of hd subscriber base r people who watch eng movie chs and would watch original than dubbed and remaining % would watch but advertisers will not b keen to pay much for small audience. In total star will b at loss

Any Reason Why Badhaai Ho Is Being Ignored Star And UTV Channels? At Least It Should Be Aired On SGS And They Should Write In Accolades 'National Film Award For Best Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment' Just As They Had Written For Pink 'National Film Award For Best Film On Other Social Issues' 2 Days Back When It Was Aired.

bcoz they have entered in some deal with goldmines telefilms. I m feeling worried about sony, they lost out so many bollywood banners and now if goldmines library is acquired by star then sony will b in bit trouble. Not only this Dhinchak is airing popular dubbed movies aired on sony thus will again affect Sony's ratings, later on as internet penetration increases more people will watch all these films for free on goldmines telefims YouTube ch and again sony will face the brunt

Even Creature 3D and The dirty picture shown on dhinchaak.

penetration increases more people will watch all these films for free on goldmines telefims YouTube ch and again sony will face the brunt
I will disagree with ur this point just for the fact that film is avialable for free in u tube doesn't Mean that it will affect the ratings, Goldmines is doing this things since long, see the Allu Arjun films like DJ, Sarrainodu, son of satyamurthy and few other goldmines films available free on u tube since years but still when they airs on tv they enter in top 5. Even sooryavansham which is most watched film on u tube, when airs on tv enters in top 5 few Times now also

Last edited:
Last Saturday Even Chak De India Was Aired After A Long Time And This Saturday It Is Mardaani. Any Reason Why YRF Films Are Being Aired In Saturday Afternoon Slot After A Long Time? I Hope Old YRF Movies Are Not Moving To Star
If they show yrf movies as they are showing now, then I have got no problem to the fact that it stays with sony, but in between 2 years back they were not showing many yrf movies, so I think few of them should go to star atleast.

Last edited:
I will disagree with ur this point just for the fact that film is avialable for free in u tube doesn't Mean that it will affect the ratings, Goldmines is doing this things since long, see the Allu Arjun films like DJ, Sarrainodu, son of satyamurthy and few other goldmines films available free on u tube since years but still when they airs on tv they enter in top 5. Even sooryavansham which is most watched film on u tube, when airs on tv enters in top 5 few Times now also

Look out for key word in my post which is "penetration"... Right now it is negligible if we take into account reliable speed and access to streaming gadgets connected with tv or smart tv itself. I m referring to near or somewhat distant future. Anyways sony has lot of challenges at hand, they need to push lot harder to tackle and keep up with competitors else I m afraid more of their chs will shutdown

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock