SCV rearranged channels in Analogue.

can we conclude here that SCV signal has deteriorated over the past one month or a week across chennai?

pearlpearl said:
This is what i was expecting, i want the MSO to not only give dual feed but also signup with a second MSO and let people choose what they want, once they start doing this even a part of the DTH people might come back to the LCO owing to the channel count and low cost.

My LCO doesn't seem to have any plan of offering any additional channel, he might be happy to remove a few of them and say his copyrighted line "SCV removed channels and brought the quality down and he cant do nothing".

In my area people who first went to SCV DAS later returned their STB due to frequent disconnection and now they are slowly moving to (Airtel & Tata Sky) DTH and some are waiting for an approval from their land lord for placing a Dish for DTH. May be i would be the only person with the Local Cable when all have moved out to some DTH.

Giving dual feed at the customer end would be very expensive for a cable operator as he has to lay one more cable, what he does is the best way without spending and retain the customers.

Yes..
Wat Satvijay's LCO doing is correct and non expensive one, and customers will get missed channels from one MSO.
I too wish My LCO will do same

@satvijay: You mentioned LCN for few channels like Polimer. Are you getting them in your set top box or in analog mode? I don't think we can specify LCN for analog channels.

Satvijay said:
can we conclude here that SCV signal has deteriorated over the past one month or a week across chennai?

Yes, the quality has deteriorated during recent times. Still I'm ok with their quality and 99% cable availability even during rainy times.

But i only hate them for not providing me the channels (Max 5 - 6 Channels) that i want, DAS or analogue even if they want Rs 50 or 100 More.

Satvijay said:
Giving dual feed at the customer end would be very expensive for a cable operator as he has to lay one more cable, what he does is the best way without spending and retain the customers.

Yes. Dual feed or dual MSO, if they can give me few additional channels i'm more than happy. :)

Yes, this is a best way to retain at-least most of the customers.

Satvijay said:

The analogue Quality has further gone down today, dunno what they are really up-to. But definitely more people will move to DTH sooner or later due to these picture quality issues.

Same Analogue quality to me.
My LCO giving Vijay TV in the prime band in the evening hours only. (mainly in the serial time only)
Other times the channel is in blank.
I don't know whether he will give cricket channel again (i mostly want it)

Some other MSO should take responsibility other than SCV in chennai..

Instead of giving poor service, SCV can simply black out analogue feed completely..:angry:angry

And arasu stepped into its 3rd successful year service in Tamilnadu..:tup

aravindan said:
Some other MSO should take responsibility other than SCV in chennai..

Instead of giving poor service, SCV can simply black out analogue feed completely..:angry:angry

And arasu stepped into its 3rd successful year service in Tamilnadu..:tup

Yes, it's best of they get our of analogue business instead of killing their subscribers with their bad attitude. :angry :angry

Arasu even if enters 5th year it may still be a question if it will really enter Chennai. They seem to have sold the city to some MSO and will get only if some threat comes to their partner otherwise all ok.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock