SCV to start DAS Package

• Thread starter keeper
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 42
  • Views: Views 12,487

keeper

Reaction score
My LCO came today to collect money early this month stating that SCV gonna start DAS Package without Turning off Analogue, So we have to pay DAS price for CAS.

Digital Cable in Chennai is not going to happen soon, if you want to experience Digital Quality move to DTH. Atleast we have the freedom of choosing Channels and DTH Providers.

Super. As expected SCV wont go Digital that sooner, so again we can see channels removal if their channel viewers go less.

So its better to wait for some other MSO to takeover or move to DTH.

wasn't it compulsory for all cable ops tob digitized in chennai by 31st oct
?

dino29 said:
?

Good question.. but still it is a question till date..

dino29 said:
?

Yes, but our MSO will create new rules. :k :k
It looks like even if the entire country goes digital Chennai alone will stay with CAS.

What TRAI is doing looks like it turns blind on Chennai digitization, Now Digital price for Analogue channels SCV wants to start Digital Channel but also doesn't want to loose the non set top box customers.

And it is also possible that SCV may send both Digital and analogue signals.

And one more thing my LCO collected DAS pakage price this month.

i really dont undersatnd why is that we have to pay more for the same channels which we have been watching earlier...is this a govt policy to pay more for less.. what is govt trying to do by this? previously in CAS all the channels in la carte was 5.70 Rs now each pay channel has different rates to a maximum of 40Rs now.. which is almost simliar to that of DTH. so is the very purpose of the digitisation. only ther is confusion

keeper said:
What TRAI is doing looks like it turns blind on Chennai digitization, Now Digital price for Analogue channels SCV wants to start Digital Channel but also doesn't want to loose the non set top box customers.

And it is also possible that SCV may send both Digital and analogue signals.

And one more thing my LCO collected DAS pakage price this month.

jvcbpl said:
i really dont undersatnd why is that we have to pay more for the same channels which we have been watching earlier...is this a govt policy to pay more for less.. what is govt trying to do by this? previously in CAS all the channels in la carte was 5.70 Rs now each pay channel has different rates to a maximum of 40Rs now.. which is almost simliar to that of DTH. so is the very purpose of the digitisation. only ther is confusion

Yes, DAS has been created to sell same poor quality channels at higher cost and MSO beneficial. SCV wont remove analogue as people with easily go to some DTH or LCO move to another MSO.

Chennai seem to never get digitalized. :wall :wall

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock