Show World Cup Matches on Doordarshan, Orders Supreme Court

Prateek Marwadi said:
true bro. thats y we have other sports channels.

As far as i think, Govt. should involve in the Pay channels and reduce the cost of the channels. (like pak, no channel should be more than rs. 5).

And also, any channel showing national importance event like this world cup, should be FTA channel. By Implementing like this order, every one in india can able to watch the important events

sathishbabu4u said:
As far as i think, Govt. should involve in the Pay channels and reduce the cost of the channels. (like pak, no channel should be more than rs. 5).

And also, any channel showing national importance event like this world cup, should be FTA channel. By Implementing like this order, every one in india can able to watch the important events

very well said bro. really appreciable :clap:clap:clap

sathishbabu4u said:

I think there is regulation in pricing of pay channels. Trai has already set the max limit. You cannot say cricket is of national importance specially when your national sports is Hockey. Second if you want to show it for free buy the rights. Third star sports has no problem for terrestrial free broadcasts. People on cable can certainly afford to pay few rupees to watch world cup if they are so interested to watch. Indian Mentality = We need everything for free needs to change.

sagar.patnaik said:
I think there is regulation in pricing of pay channels. Trai has already set the max limit. You cannot say cricket is of national importance specially when your national sports is Hockey. Second if you want to show it for free buy the rights. Third star sports has no problem for terrestrial free broadcasts. People on cable can certainly afford to pay few rupees to watch world cup if they are so interested to watch. Indian Mentality = We need everything for free needs to change.

no bro. there is no regulation in pricing of pay channels. though there is a max limit but that limit is very high. take the example of ala carte channels. v channel is .50rs only but adtv charges 15rs for the same.
cricket is of national importance - no doubt about that. there was a rule i must say the then existed ordinance.
if star has a problem then ask star not to purchase the right. star purchased the right on its own wish. did govt. force them? :no:no:no:no:no

indian mentality is right. it shud b free. y v shud pay twice for the same notional value.
star sports = revenue = subscribers + ad revenues
so they r earning from the both ways
n v - the customers r paying to both of them

y there is a multifold income for ss channels
n y there is a multifold expense for customers?

if u r strong enough then kindly let us know in economic terms.
bcoz u said only - indian mentality.

sagar.patnaik said:

Australia cricket board giving telecast rights every year to channel nine which is FTA channel , and not giving to Fox sports (these two competitive sports channels there). Like that, BCCI, Indian Govt. should act like that, should focus on customer interest rather than always going beyond money motive.

sathishbabu4u said:
Australia cricket board giving telecast rights every year to channel nine which is FTA channel , and not giving to Fox sports (these two competitive sports channels there). Like that, BCCI, Indian Govt. should act like that, should focus on customer interest rather than always going beyond money motive.

i really don't know how can one indian raises a q on indian mentality.
if he is having any problem with indian mentality then simply change his mentality rather than forcing someone to change his mentality.

Prateek Marwadi said:
no bro. there is no regulation in pricing of pay channels. though there is a max limit but that limit is very high. take the example of ala carte channels. v channel is .50rs only but adtv charges 15rs for the same.
cricket is of national importance - no doubt about that. there was a rule i must say the then existed ordinance.
if star has a problem then ask star not to purchase the right. star purchased the right on its own wish. did govt. force them? :no:no:no:no:no

indian mentality is right. it shud b free. y v shud pay twice for the same notional value.
star sports = revenue = subscribers + ad revenues
so they r earning from the both ways
n v - the customers r paying to both of them

y there is a multifold income for ss channels
n y there is a multifold expense for customers?

if u r strong enough then kindly let us know in economic terms.
bcoz u said only - indian mentality.

Star Sports is a business entity and not a charity organization. What does the nation benefits from watching cricket that you consider it as national importance ??. You cant pay Rs 50 to watch world cup but you have cable great. Tomorrow u ll say I have car but I wont pay toll tax on highways. Star Sports has the right to bid and right to contest in court against some archiac laws. I do support that poor people should get it for free broadcast it free on terrestrial service but not on cable. You can always put an antenna to watch it for free. Its like people with money using BPL card to buy ration please I dont support it.

sathishbabu4u said:

Can you confirm that Australian board is giving them for free and they are not bidding for it. There might be a clause that whatever the highest bid is channel 9 has to match it to get the rights. Just like it happens in India for spectrum auction BSNL doesnt get it for free they need to match the highest bid.

Prateek Marwadi said:
i really don't know how can one indian raises a q on indian mentality.
if he is having any problem with indian mentality then simply change his mentality rather than forcing someone to change his mentality.
[/

I am sorry I believe in paying not asking something for free.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock