Show World Cup Matches on Doordarshan, Orders Supreme Court

sagar.patnaik said:
Star Sports is a business entity and not a charity organization. What does the nation benefits from watching cricket that you consider it as national importance ??. You cant pay Rs 50 to watch world cup but you have cable great. Tomorrow u ll say I have car but I wont pay toll tax on highways. Star Sports has the right to bid and right to contest in court against some archiac laws. I do support that poor people should get it for free broadcast it free on terrestrial service but not on cable. You can always put an antenna to watch it for free. Its like people with money using BPL card to buy ration please I dont support it.

some of ur lines r really good n i totally support this. but sometimes u use some language which hurts badly.
i asked u on economic terms + rational + notional?
my q:
why v pay to both - ss channels + companies who r showing ads on these channels
why it shud not b free - bro if u know the economics then according to economics it must b free
i think govt. of india has taken the right step
it is of national importance - govt. of india n supreme court said it
ask star india to remove their base in India if they donot adopt indian policies
we dint force star india to come to india
if they think india law r not good then they shud quit india rather than challenging it to the court.

n if they r going then i ll ask them to take u also along with them bcoz u donot like indian mentality like star india does not.
:D:D:D:D:D

sagar.patnaik said:
Prateek Marwadi said:
i really don't know how can one indian raises a q on indian mentality.
if he is having any problem with indian mentality then simply change his mentality rather than forcing someone to change his mentality.
[/

I am sorry I believe in paying not asking something for free.

bro v r also paying. v also never ask anything for free.
still u do not understand. v r paying to the companies who runs their ad on these channels.

Prateek Marwadi said:
some of ur lines r really good n i totally support this. but sometimes u use some language which hurts badly.
i asked u on economic terms + rational + notional?
my q:
why v pay to both - ss channels + companies who r showing ads on these channels
why it shud not b free - bro if u know the economics then according to economics it must b free
i think govt. of india has taken the right step
it is of national importance - govt. of india n supreme court said it
ask star india to remove their base in India if they donot adopt indian policies
we dint force star india to come to india
if they think india law r not good then they shud quit india rather than challenging it on the court.

n if they r going then i ll ask them to take u also with them bcoz u donot like indian mentalite like star india does.
:D:D:D:D:D

Ads subsidizes the subscription fee. Star paid I guess Rs 300 Crore for world Cup. Do you think they can recover that money just by subscription. They have to show ads. Remember they are not just showing the world cup. They pay money for other events too. And If the govt of India and supreme court said that then they should have scrapped the case why is it still running.

sagar.patnaik said:
Ads subsidizes the subscription fee. Star paid I guess Rs 300 Crore for world Cup. Do you think they can recover that money just by subscription. They have to show ads. Remember they are not just showing the world cup. They pay money for other events too.

bro. i understand ur point. now tell me how much star india can recover from us?
total population = 127+ crores
dth + analogue cables + digital cables = max. 10 crores
star sports = 17 - 18rs from each subscriber
so = 10*17 = 170 crores only.
then maths does not support this!

Am not asking anything for free. Am in metro , am getting all necessary sports channels without any issue.

What i am asking, we need a FTA Sports channel, which has to show all Indian sports events , and it should be reach to every single corner of our country.
Don't tell DD national doing this. If a guy has cable and don't have star in that one, then the guy should install a antenna for the one match and go back to cable for other channels?

Prateek Marwadi said:
bro. i understand ur point. now tell me how much star india can recover from us?
total population = 127+ crores
dth + analogue cables + digital cables = max. 10 crores
star sports = 17 - 18rs from each subscriber
so = 10*17 = 170 crores only.
then maths does not support this!

For 10 seconds the Ad rates is Rs 5 lakh during India matches and Rs 1.25 lakh during other matches.

sathishbabu4u said:
Am not asking anything for free. Am in metro , am getting all necessary sports channels without any issue.

What i am asking, we need a FTA Sports channel, which has to show all Indian sports events , and it should be reach to every single corner of our country.
Don't tell DD national doing this. If a guy has cable and don't have star in that one, then the guy should install a antenna for the one match and go back to cable for other channels?

yup he should actually else get a DTH connection. The FTA channel should bid for rights. The Govt should make their channels competitive why are they sleeping

sagar.patnaik said:
For 10 seconds the Ad rates is Rs 5 lakh during India matches and Rs 1.25 lakh during other matches.

so bro.. just calculate it i think 300 wud b easily recovered.
n i also quit from the discussion for the time being.
bro v r all indians so we have to think for others also

Prateek Marwadi said:
so bro.. just calculate it i think 300 wud b easily recovered.
n i also quit from the discussion for the time being.
bro v r all indians so we have to think for others also

Business needs to make substantial profits to pay salaries, buy more rights , invest in future technologies etc etc plus add value to the share holders.

praks001 said:
There is a revenue share agreement between the broadcaster & Prasar Bharti. It's somewhere 75:25. So, its not free.

How much will dey incur from the 75:25 ratio. Loss of subsribers is way beyond dat. My take DD shouldnt get free! Infact if dey r so concerned dn start bidding for the cricket matchs next tyme! If dis free samajseva continues it would definetly discourage StarSportsIndia n odr not 2bid for Crkt matches in Future n result dere might be a situation where dere would be no broadcast of crkt matches!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock