Show World Cup Matches on Doordarshan, Orders Supreme Court

sagar.patnaik said:
Business needs to make substantial profits to pay salaries, buy more rights , invest in future technologies etc etc plus add value to the share holders.
It is 20000k crores that Starsportz have invested in! 13000k crore for broadcasting rights to ICC and 6000k to BCCI for showing the telecast in India! So do you think it is easier to recover the cost

ashcall786 said:
It is 20000k crores that Starsportz have invested in! 13000k crore for broadcasting rights to ICC and 6000k to BCCI for showing the telecast in India! So do you think it is easier to recover the cost

ur total is not matching.
yes i think it ll b recovered.

with this policy... very soon sports channels like star sports, neo, ten & six will not bid for the Indian region telecast. because why to suffer loss by paying a high amount of money.. no one wants to be in loss because of DD.

Then what will DD do for NATIONAL IMPORTANCE???

Star Sports just want another feed from DD and DD is saying we can't, it's not possible. In the last only cricket lovers will face disappointment and in loss because of DD

ashcall786 said:

Yup but its for 8 years

ashcall786 said:

there is no need star to give any money to BCCI to show the telecast in india.
Star got broadcast rights from ICC to show the matches in india.

wewake said:
with this policy... very soon sports channels like star sports, neo, ten & six will not bid for the Indian region telecast. because why to suffer loss by paying a high amount of money.. no one wants to be in loss because of DD.

Then what will DD do for NATIONAL IMPORTANCE???

Star Sports just want another feed from DD and DD is saying we can't, it's not possible. In the last only cricket lovers will face disappointment and in loss because of DD

the rule was there since 1999-2000. y star woke up suddenly?
before that also every sports channel was doing the same only.
y v need sudden change?
when we knew at the time of bidding that we have to share it with dd national n many indians ll get it for free, then star should have not bid. then y they have bid for ?

neo ten sony six n star have already been shared with dd national in the past also.

Prateek Marwadi said:
the rule was there since 1999-2000. y star woke up suddenly?
before that also every sports channel was doing the same only.
y v need sudden change?
when we knew at the time of bidding that we have to share it with dd national n many indians ll get it for free, then star should have not bid. then y they have bid for ?

neo ten sony six n star have already been shared with dd national in the past also.

i think you don't know anything.... remember when first tym neo used to telecast Indian matches... DD feed is behind the Live feed... the feed on DD was 5 or 15 minutes behind... same case was with ten.. during that time DD was not allowed to show their advertisements..

by this way neo n ten recover its amount

and now DD wants- live feed, own advertisements

so tell me who is changed?? DD or private sports channels??

Star is requesting only different feed.. nothing else...!!! i think it's not a big deal for DD to telecast another terrestial feed as in past they also telecasted Asian games n commonwealth games

m again saying in the last Cricket lovers will face disappointment because of DD

bro .. i think from the last 7 - 8 years nothing has been changed.
the timing r exactly the same. b4 that i do not remember. might b u r right.
but i want every indian shud get it.
i have already paid to adtv n den network for 2 star sports channels but i want every indian should b able to watch it whether paid or free depend on his pockets.

Star in its affidavit has said that last year it lost Rs 290 Crore due to feed sharing with DD. They are expected lose Rs 120 Crore during this world cup alone.

sagar.patnaik said:
Star in its affidavit has said that last year it lost Rs 290 Crore due to feed sharing with DD. They are expected lose Rs 120 Crore during this world cup alone.

bro.. that was not the eventual loss.
oppurtunity cost = oppurtunity lost

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock