Smudged Picture Quality!

saurabhdua

Reaction score
Hello folks!

Iam trying to scour a consensus over my practical experience with LCD, LED & a 'so called' digital quality of Signal!

Earlier, when we used to be with CRT TV Set, the Image quality was widely perceived to be much more Crisp & Sharp, with a well defined edges & boundaries of a Televised character.:huh

However, with a same quality of Signal(through Digital Set-top Box), our Brand New LCD & LEDs have left us pondering that whether we really made a 'Smart' transition!?:-/

Image(& even Sound Clarity) of these new variants stand nowhere near to the one what we have been used to! Picture Quality is SMUDGED, appears Blurred quite often. The experience is very much similar to, as if watching Youtube Videos on a full-screen mode!

The farther you move away from Screen, impact of Smudged picture quality appears to cool off a bit. Nevertheless, the settings such "Sharpness" hardly appear to make any impact on moving a slider from least to the Max. !?

What Iam sure is that the shared experience is certainly NOT a perception, but a full conscious driven TRUTH!

Could somebody help...!?

That is beacise as the screen size increases the pixels are stretched further, to get the best experience you have to use a HD STB

Arsh25 said:
That is beacise as the screen size increases the pixels are stretched further, to get the best experience you have to use a HD STB

Hello! But my shared concern is all associated to SD channels only.What I really want to ask is that whether Consumers have somehow been fooled by the Industry on a pretext of a 'Slim n Trim' size?!

Picture & Sound Quality of a CRT(same Brand) used to be a 'POWER PUNCH' in comparison to meek LCD & LED. We have been made to spend a SUM over an External Speakers to make Televised content AUDIBLE!?

& the 'Crib' for the want of an Impeccable picture Quality still continues.

Lastly, making a pretext of an HD Content availability do not justifies this 'Unfair' Transition! For instance, for my case, No "Hindi" content goes available for NGC HD, DISCOVERY HD, Wild...& alike.

@saurabhdua everybody says like this that what to do with HD if i have to watch only SD ..
if you will watch HD channels you will forget those crap SD channels.. and all HD channels are not english there are hindi channels like:-
star plus HD
zee tv HD
colors HD
life ok HD
sony HD
zee cinema HD
star gold HD
travel xp HD
m tunes HD
history HD

and the sport HD channels in wich language is not important :-
ESPN HD
star cricket HD
ten HD
sony six HD.

and one more thing if you will buy a HD stb the SD quality will also increase ... so go and buy a HD dth or local digital cable (if they provide HD service).
for dth my advice would be:-
airtel (for quality)
dish tv(for highest no. of HD and SD channels)
videocon d2h (for all rounder experience)

Hello Samitabhishek!

Probably, you couldn't gauge the "Choice" of Channels, I like to indulge into! :)

Saas Bahu kind of channels do not even maintain a 'Least' Priority for our Family!

Similarly, 'Music' & 'Movie Channels' are quite distasteful lot too!

We are the Guys who prefer watching BBC World News, RT, National Geographic, Discovery Science..etc.

DD National, & its respective bucket satiate the needs of Elders of my Family.

Now please let me know, is there is "Hindi" language enabled for Natgeo HD Content?..No!

Similarly, I wish to understand that what makes u claim that an HD Choice would render even a better quality for SD Channels too..!

Explain that to me in "Technical" Terms..I would be grateful!:)

bcoz in HD stb connection is through HDMI cable whereas in sd it is thru composite or component...

but some claims that stb's upscaler does not compete tv's upscaler....
but what i felt after upgrading is - sharpness reduced but pixalation problem decreased...choice is yours...

and ya i never told you to watch saaas bahu channels i just provided channels with hindi language.. and if you are the guyzzz who watch BBC world news then how english language in HD channel is uncomfortable for you..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock