software progress stuck at 0%

viveksandhan

Reaction score
Hello all. I have tata sky+ HD box. Today morning when I switched on set top box, after 2 or 3 minutes s/w update started but it remained at 0%. After 15 minutes I restarted the box but problem remains the same channels come for 2 or 3 minutes then s/w update starts and stuck at 0%. So what is the problem and what can I do to solve it?

If it's happening continuously then as soon as channels come try to Reset the Box to factory default

If even that doesn't solve the problem,try to update software manually,otherwise you have to call TS technician and they would have to change the box :(

And what would be the cost of replacing the box? But one question is in my mind that my set top box was working fine till tata sky releases the s/w for my set top box. So its their fault not mine.

I don't know how helpful TS CC is but few days back similar problem was faced by many Airtel DVR users including me and even though I registered the complaint within warranty period,still Airtel deducted Rs.600 as replacement charges from my DTH account,now I am trying to get those 600 back

Even in Airtel's case it was their faulty update,but still they are charging for replacements,so I don't think TS is also different,but still you can contact them and make them understand the problem so that they replace box without charges :(

I will surely argue with them. And what about charges of replacing the set top box in tata sky. Does tata sky provide warranty after replacing the box? (I tried the factory reset option as u said but the problem persists.)

Try manual update...

Follow these steps to update manually:

1. When the STB is on, switch off from the power-source.
2. Switch on the STB directly from power-source.
3. Press “back” button twice from remote when “please wait initializing” message comes to the screen.
4. Immediately, press 2465 (if not wrong follow step 1,2,3 again and then press 2485) from remote and software will start downloading. (keep the STB on till it reboots twice)

I also tried manual update but problem remains. I think my stb is corrupted due to faulty update from tata sky. I heard about asc of tata sky. What is the charges of that. Will I replace the box or take asc. What is better?

OK my existing mega HD pack is going to expire next month. I will have to spent ₹ 8000+700(replacement charges). That will come to 8700 rs. So is it gud idea if i take a new connection if it is cheap or should go with 8700rs choice?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock