"Star World Premiere HD" Added on Tatasky @ LCN 213,

• Thread starter Gssran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 85
  • Views: Views 17,294
I'm sure the technology permits subtitles to be displayed as per viewer choice similar to subtitles on a DVD or Blu-Ray disc. God knows why DTH players do not enable the technology on their STBs. Then viewers can choose whether they want to display subtitles or not. Subtitles on some channels like Discovery Turbo are so big and obtrusive, they spoil the viewers enjoyment of watching the channel.

On Fta Stb's this option is availble,
For example Nat geo wild gives subtitles in 6 languages on Eutelsat 9 A,
I can choose any language from those 6 for subtitles,
Or I can switch it off.

Annual Megapack Suscribers , subscribed before Feb'13 will get Star World Premier HD free of cost under price protection. Those who are not enabled may contact TS.

swpr channel addition/ activation through SMS took just 30 Seconds. Good going.
Screen occupied by Channel name with logo, program name , episode No etc. occupies 4 lines
( 2lines transparent). Crazy

Mr Gsran
Where option lies to change or switch on substiles? Just asking I don't have FTA box.

Same shed be implemented by all dry soon

Dear Mr. Parmar,

Greetings from Tata Sky !

This is with reference to your email dated 25th Sept13 addressed to our Chief Customer Operations Officer, expressing your concern over the Star World HD premiere not being part of Mega pack.

We understand and appreciate your concern. However, please allow us to explain the reason.

Firstly, may i take this opportunity to inform you that Star World Premiere HD is the first channel launched under the category of Tata Sky Specials. This is a first in the industry as well as for Tata Sky customers. With this Channel, you will be able to watch the latest bigger shows at the same time as American Subscribers. As a premium special service, it is the only channel that has 26 new and returning shows. We do plan to add more premium services like this in the near future.

Furthermore, our Annual subscription proposition had recently been revised. Our valued subscribers were accordingly informed that going forward this subscription package will EXCLUDE any Specials. In other words, Premium Special channels like Star World HD premier will require a separate subscription. This was applicable to all the renewals post February 2013.

At the time of your renewal on 08/05/2013, you would have received the communication from us. I am reproducing the relevant clause here for your reference which is also updated on our website (DTH | Digital TV | Tata Sky DTH India):

** Any new SD channel (non Special) introduced on Tata Sky will be available as part of your Mega Pack
** Mega packs doesnt include specials* w.e.f 1st Feb2013

May I also take this opportunity to reiterate that this never- before Special is available to you at a very special Annual price of only Rs.500 pa( Just Rs.60 pm ).

We hope you will enjoy our Specials and look forward to the renewal of your Tata Sky subscription.

Assuring the best of our services at all times,

Warm Regards

Bhagavaldas
Tata Sky Ltd.
[THREAD ID:1-AN1H290]

So it was planned move.

Ts is really doing biz in premium way, by charging extra for premium category.

Also taking care of regional taste by adding more regional language channels

Send email to trai.Appose this right now,or you have to pay much more than this

They have done such things earlier also in case of HD Gold pack on introduction of HD access fee. On strong protest they have rectified.
1.The same thing happened to me in case of HD Gold pack which was offered with an understanding that the price was fixed for 1year irrespective of new additions of HD channels. When they switched to HD access fee they informed me by mail that to get HD channels, one has to subscribe for respective SD channels in addition to access fee.
2.For the existing customers they intended to continue the HD channel for 6 months under price protection scheme for which I took an objection.
3. On the day of implementation I didn't get the HD channels which were not in my base pack/ add on pack ( forget about price protection)
4.Sent a strong email about their unfair trade practice, deviation from the original offer of all HD channels for 1 year while reserving my right to seek refund and cost of HD STB on surrender.
5. Next day I got a call seeking some more time as they have software issues for reviving HD channels to HD Gold customers. I didn't accept their apologies and asked them to pay themselves on my behalf for those HD channels which were stopped for the unexpired period of my HD Gold pack.
6.Next day an equivalent amount had been credited to my account with a request to subscribe for the channels what ever I want.

Conclusion: If the issue is tenable you have every right to demand ( including the right to terminate and right to seek the cost of STB on surrender)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock