General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV- For any Help & Issues

Anyone any idea why hd box not supporting 60hz frequency rate? I mean under resolution one can see 1080i and 1080p but there is no option to select frequency rate 50hz/60hz..

Anyone any idea why hd box not supporting 60hz frequency rate? I mean under resolution one can see 1080i and 1080p but there is no option to select frequency rate 50hz/60hz..
Channels are broadcast at 50hz. So even if the box support 60hz, it doesn't make any difference in viewing experience. That's why Airtel set top box doesn't support 60hz.

Last edited:
Channels are broadcast at 50hz. So even if the box support 60hz, it doesn't make any difference in viewing experience. That's why Airtel set top box doesn't support 60hz.
Reply like tataplay 😅
Channels are broadcasting at 1080i so it should not have 1080p option..but yet we see 1080p , 4k option in other boxes..dish tv supports 1080p 60hz

Basically such option helps to upgrade the picture quality..with 50hz , I see some lags in fast moving objects like frames are not smooth

Reply like tataplay 😅
Channels are broadcasting at 1080i so it should not have 1080p option..but yet we see 1080p , 4k option in other boxes..dish tv supports 1080p 60hz

Basically such option helps to upgrade the picture quality..with 50hz , I see some lags in fast moving objects like frames are not smooth
Bro, you are not getting the point. 1080P option is given for box UI i.e for better EPG viewing clarity etc. You can improve this by changing from 1080i to 1080p. But you can't change 1080i channel picture quality to 1080P. Same way you can't improve refresh rate from 50hz to 60hz just by changing resolution in set top box.

Bro, you are not getting the point. 1080P option is given for box UI i.e for better EPG viewing clarity etc. You can improve this by changing from 1080i to 1080p. But you can't change 1080i channel picture quality to 1080P. Same way you can't improve refresh rate from 50hz to 60hz just by changing resolution in set top box.
Understood bro..what I mean to say 1080p60hz is present in other boxes so why not airtel hd box?
Even I am pretty sure airtel Xtreme supports 1080p 60hz option.

Coming to the picture quality it makes difference, in any sd channel change the resolution to 576p , sd channels will appear like hd channel sharper, brighter while in 1080p it is dull... Same goes for 4k boxes, if you set resolution to 4k picture quality changes as compared to 1080p

The frequency rate also makes difference..in tataplay in 1080i 60hz you will notice slight picture not stable like slight jump all because of 1080i but in DishTV 1080p 60hz more smoother than 50hz

Last edited:
what I mean to say 1080p60hz is present in other boxes so why not airtel hd box?
For Hybrid boxes you obviously need 60hz as you'll watch OTT also. Regular boxes don't need 60hz. 50hz is sufficient.
Coming to the picture quality it makes difference, in any sd channel change the resolution to 576p , sd channels will appear like hd channel sharper, brighter while in 1080p it is dull... Same goes for 4k boxes, if you set resolution to 4k picture quality changes as compared to 1080p
If you change to 576p, sd channel clarity doesn't increase. It never looks like HD channel and how is it relevant to our refresh rate discussion ? You mean to say 50hz channel will look better on 25hz set top box ?

Last edited:
Not yet bro.

Last night Airtel Digital TV uplinking centre team shifted lots of channels from 11682 H to 11485 H and vice versa. All the HD channels were moved from 11682 H to 11485 H (2 or 3 SD channels were also shifted to this transponder) and SD channels were moved to 11682 H. Even many dummy channels, ticker channels also shifted to 11485 H.

I am expecting LCN Realignment, new channel addition and New Transponders Activation process to be started very soon. Keep checking for scrolls or other such updates
When we can expect to add Star channels in ADTV ??

85s3gRd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock