DDF Exclusive Tata Play GSAT-24 Satellite migration

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 558
  • Views: Views 115,439
wow. Any improvements in signals ?
Yes bro. I am noticing slight signal improvements. Initially, the Super LNB was also giving great signals (almost full) like this new LNB but as it got older and broken signal levels were reduced.

Overall the LNB upgrade was totally worth it. :love:

Please share new Lnb picture.
Can post tomorrow only. It's dark now and we do not have lights on the roof where the dish is installed.

The LNB looks exactly the same that @Vadirocks bro has shared here: DDF Exclusive - Tata Play GSAT-24 Satellite migration has been started

Yes bro. I am noticing slight signal improvements. Initially, the Super LNB was also giving great signals (almost full) like this new LNB but as it got older and broken signal levels were reduced.

Overall the LNB upgrade was totally worth it. :love:

Can post tomorrow only. It's dark now and we do not have lights on the roof where the dish is installed.

The LNB looks exactly the same that @Vadirocks bro has shared here: DDF Exclusive - Tata Play GSAT-24 Satellite migration has been started
DID YOU ask him why such change? any technical reason
what they will do with old super lnb?

DID YOU ask him why such change? any technical reason
what they will do with old super lnb?
Yes, I have asked the technician about it but he didn't had any idea why they are replacing the LNBs.

He mentioned that along with free LNB replacement, some very old set-top boxes with no SatCR LNB support will also be replaced free of cost in the coming days.

They will return the old LNBF to Tata Play by placing them inside the new LNBF box he said. (Same in the video that @Anish Pai bro has posted also explains)

Worth noting, customers can't place LNB or set-top box free replacement/upgrade request from their side. Tata Play will do it on their own if they notice any issue with your current setup.

Afaik, It simply splitting the L band frequency band ( 950 - 2150 MHz) in to 4,8,16,32 channels. The working for the Satcr & Superlnb is almost same expect we need to set the channel manually in satcr , where in superlnb it auto programmed & its frequency channel selected by stb/,lnb everytime. Might be Tataplay's rnd found some issue supporting auto select the lnb channel that is why they are replacing & marking each stb with ch1,2... 3,4 etc in satcr replacement.

Now Tataplay is using the more advanced form of SAT CR .That is sat cr with unicable solution .In old forms of sat cr LNBFS There are multiple ports and to each stb different connections from dedicated ports is needed ,which needed more wire but with unicable solution from a single port the connections can be splited up to 32 connections without an amplifier giving ample signal.Simply saying new SAT CR LNBF is a hybrid form of Super LNBF + SAT CR

But how will this work? House will b filled with wires from splitter incase boxes r in diff room. If splitter is placed outside/terrace then too same number of wires as in standard multi port lnb would enter house.

This solution is only good for people having single DVR connection. I think people having DVR + HD connection will get multiport SatCR LNB

Afaik, It simply splitting the L band frequency band ( 950 - 2150 MHz) in to 4,8,16,32 channels. The working for the Satcr & Superlnb is almost same expect we need to set the channel manually in satcr , where in superlnb it auto programmed & its frequency channel selected by stb/,lnb everytime. Might be Tataplay's rnd found some issue supporting auto select the lnb channel that is why they are replacing & marking each stb with ch1,2... 3,4 etc in satcr replacement.

I think once GSat 24 is activated there will overlapping of similar frequency and polarity transponders from both GSat10 and GSat24 satellite. Super LNB might face error in distributing this hence SatCR LNB is being provided which will divide signals correctly

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock