Tata Play HD Box New - Only PCM & Auto options in Sound Settings

• Thread starter Thread starter arhun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 47
  • Views Views: Views 8,926
I'm also having this issue. I have taken connection in this April
Raise a service request by telling them dolby is not enabled. When they visit tell them to show the DD logo in the box as well as in EPG. For your info Sony, Star Plus, MTV Beats shows DD logo in the EPG. Tell them to change the box with DD chip as mentioned in website. They may give you PCM and Auto setting dolby story, don't buy it. Tell them you prove it else you have to prove it in court of law.
Raise the issue on twitter. Retweet your posts to reach the maximum audience. Please don't forget to insert the image of the back side of the box. They do not have dolby enabled boxes. In my case they replaced with Tata Sky dolby enabled box (new) after a long fight.

Last edited:
I insist all members who are using DTH. It's your money hence, verify all the features promised by the company.

I insist all members who are using DTH. It's your money hence, verify all the features promised by the company.
That being said, there are infinite bugs and issues in tataplay binge+ box, I complained over chat and tweeted too , but all they said is we will send technician to check further, charges are applicable whether they are able to fix or not, and we all very well know software issues can't be fixed by engineer ... I lost all hopes 😞
Situation felt like trying to rob even from a dying person

Those Who Want Dolby Audio Boxes!

Raise Complaint, They Will Give Old Boxes With Dolby Audio

@sanjudat bro, it seems that after you highlighted this issue and raised it with Tata Play senior officials hence now "Dolby Audio" feature removed under specifications category listed on Tata Play HD webpage
Yes indeed. Still those who got the boxes earlier of removal....they can still take up the fight to their doors!!!!!!!!! OR can shift to Airtel for Dolby. As far as I know Tata Play Binge+ boxes are not of good quality. It has frequent issues of lagging and rebooting.
Even Dolby is not showing for Binge+ box Android Set Top Box - TV Channels & OTT Apps | Tata Play (formerly Tata Sky) Binge+.

Last edited:
That being said, there are infinite bugs and issues in tataplay binge+ box, I complained over chat and tweeted too , but all they said is we will send technician to check further, charges are applicable whether they are able to fix or not, and we all very well know software issues can't be fixed by engineer ... I lost all hopes 😞
Situation felt like trying to rob even from a dying person
@HappySoul when did you bought the box? you can also mail to [email protected]

I think the main concern should be,
1) The stb does not send any audio out from the rca ports if Auto is selected in audio section.
2) The stb fails to send Dolby audio to TV/Receiver via HDMI when Auto is selected in the audio section.

The 2nd point should be a major concern as other boxes can do bitstreaming.

Back
Top Bottom