Breaking Tata Play increasing Minimum Recharge to Rs.100 W.E.F 21st August

They're also changing soon . May be next month . Minimum Recharge amount will be Rs.99 as per notice received by all DPOs.

Can u plz share the notice u r referring to? I have not heard about any such notification being send to dealers

It's very sad one. Just a example, I am a man done the RC with minimum amount ₹50 only. And irritating. Then I choosen ₹200 or 250. And I seeing here most people (especially from village) select the long term package. ( And Aaj kal tho minimum chaipani amount bhi ₹100 se cum nahi koi lete hai yaaro 🤣)
This ₹50 minimum recharge helps weaker sections of the society. Poor people who might not have idea about temporary suspensions. So it's a bad thing for them. TV might me only source of entertainment to them which became a little less affordable.
IMHO this move isnt that much of an issue for the monthly/long term pack/recharge users
If that was the case. Why did they bother increasing the minimum recharge? ₹50 was a win-win situation for both long term and short term users.
Yeah, most people don't care... Even Rare users don't bother because they can opt for temporary suspension..
Based on reactions on this thread. Seems like they do care.

IMO Tata Play went from being inclusive to exclusive now.

IMHO this move isnt that much of an issue for the monthly/long term pack/recharge users

Buddy, would u have the same opinion if airtel digital tv, dish d2h took such a step?
In my opinion having minimum recharge amount below Rs. 50 helps large section of population who earn very limited daily / monthly income and can only allot part of it for entertainment needs like TV/DTH. They cannot recharge for Rs. 100 on most days let alone opting for long term packs, as they do daily budgeting for important things, those earning monthly 8 or 10000 Rs too would want a lower recharge amount yo be available so that they can save some money when need be and divert it to immediate requirements. So it is essential that DTH or Cable TV operators keep requirements of this of audience in mind while formulating policies. Having lesser minimum recharge amount will help lower income people recharge account more often if not regularly and enjoy watching their favorite content

Last edited:
Buddy, would u have the same opinion if airtel digital tv, dish d2h took such a step?
In my opinion having minimum recharge amount below Rs. 50 helps large section of population who earn very limited daily / monthly income and can only allot part of it for entertainment needs like TV/DTH. They cannot recharge for Rs. 100 on most days let alone opting for long term packs, as they do daily budgeting for important things, those earning monthly 8 or 10000 Rs too would want a lower recharge amount yo be available so that they can save some money when need be and divert it to immediate requirements. So it is essential that DTH or Cable TV operators keep requirements of this of audience in mind while formulating policies. Having lesser minimum recharge amount will help lower income people recharge account more often if not regularly and enjoy watching their favorite content
On top of that inflation is also going on. Government has also introduced taxes on essential items.

JobCtY0.jpg

W0CfcJ4.jpg
xRFXiBK.jpg
IEHYaB5.jpg

Yes same opinion.

In the industry every one will have similar rates and rules just have to wait.

Of course, This Increase will effect people... But Regarding Poor People, Weaker Section... And People Don't Have Technical Skills To Opt For Temporary Suspension And All... Most of them don't do 50rupee recharge every time... They go to recharge shops and dealers and recharge for month packs and long term packs... Because they don't want hassle to recharge and change packs every time... Dealers set those packs and at a time... Every they don't visit for two three days recharge...
This 50 rupee recharge is mostly used by people Who don't watch T. V daily and may watch in particular days or weekends like that...
And, any change negatively will create some bad impression over companies... That's natural...
And regarding inflation Tataplay reduced their monthly packs... And reduced binge packs removed visiting charges and all all this are directly benefiting customers...
This small thing doesn't change those...

*people who only have channels as entertainment source they won't deactivate their TV when they are home...

Even Tataplay doing business this small change will help them to make customers more sticky to the service....

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock