Breaking Tata Play increasing Minimum Recharge to Rs.100 W.E.F 21st August

Of course, This Increase will effect people... But Regarding Poor People, Weaker Section... And People Don't Have Technical Skills To Opt For Temporary Suspension And All... Most of them don't do 50rupee recharge every time... They go to recharge shops and dealers and recharge for month packs and long term packs... Because they don't want hassle to recharge and change packs every time... Dealers set those packs and at a time... Every they don't visit for two three days recharge...
This 50 rupee recharge is mostly used by people Who don't watch T. V daily and may watch in particular days or weekends like that...
And, any change negatively will create some bad impression over companies... That's natural...
And regarding inflation Tataplay reduced their monthly packs... And reduced binge packs removed visiting charges and all all this are directly benefiting customers...
This small thing doesn't change those...

*people who only have channels as entertainment source they won't deactivate their TV when they are home...

Even Tataplay doing business this small change will help them to make customers more sticky to the service....
Tata Play will deactivate it for them when they won't be able to pay double for the recharge. You would be shocked when I use to sit at my friend's recharge shop. How much ₹19 unlimited calling packs would sell over ₹129 and ₹149? Guess who were buying it? Weaker section of society. Even now people buy ₹99 over ₹149 as they find it difficult to purchase. Reason for Tata Play and other DTH's popularity after NTO is affordability which they don't have in cable. Forced to pay for a month's charge upfront.

Tata Play will deactivate it for them when they won't be able to pay double for the recharge. You would be shocked when I use to sit at my friend's recharge shop. How much ₹19 unlimited calling packs would sell over ₹129 and ₹149? Guess who were buying it? Weaker section of society. Even now people buy ₹99 over ₹149 as they find it difficult to purchase. Reason for Tata Play and other DTH's popularity after NTO is affordability which they don't have in cable. Forced to pay for a month's charge upfront.
Bro, I know some Sun direct dealers in my village most people don't recharge even monthly basis... It is a village with most of them or factory workers and farmers... They recharge for six months packs mostly because they don't deactivate their TV even their not in home... Because it is their primary entertainment source...
And about 99 pack recharge people... Mostly it is not about affordability because they don't use that much... They just want their sim to be active in status and they give missed calls for small things... Even, my grandfather do's the same thing... We tried to explain him many times he don't care about unlimited calling... In my view weaker section people.. Don't recharge with 99 plan because it is not worth the money... Recharge shop people tell them recharge with 179 it provides unlimited calling... Even, Weaker section people want value for money... That's why Indian companies providing affordable plans... Even that's the reason why jio succeeded in rural areas also.... People want value for money than small amounts... Atleast this is scenario in most customer base....

Most of the people don't even know that they can recharge for a amount lesser than their monthly pack price. They just assume they have to recharge say ₹200 or ₹300 per month. The dealer tells them the monthly price and they keep on recharging the same amount every month till forever. When I tell them that they can recharge for literally any amount, they are surprised and don't easily believe me.

When I go to our village, I find many people asking me why their recharge ends before completion of 1 month (sometimes even half month). I have to explain them that the monthly recharge was ₹xxx long ago, and now their monthly recharge cost has increased due to price hike of pack. No one cares to explain them about it. A significant amount of my time is spent in going from one house to another and changing their packs and educating them while I am in village. And not just in village. I often encounter the same here in Guwahati as well.

very bad move
Off topic sorry: Nowadays a poor people have ₹150 for drinks liquor per day. We discussed above the poor people, so I tell this. Looking this, it's not affect the poor. See the post #34. He given the details. So it's not a bad move.

The problem is not whether it's bad for poor or wealthy people but it's about the freedom to recharge with any amount a customer wants.

Tata Sky long ago was probably the first company to introduce Rs 8 choota daily recharge, it was advertised very well too, now the same company doesn't believe in giving freedom to its customers to recharge only for the days they will watch TV.

Source

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock