Tata Sky going to launch UHD STB on 9th January 2015

It is final....... I am not going to buy it. CONFORM. [emoji517] [emoji517] [emoji517] [emoji476] [emoji291]

They will push this one because of its chip. As space requirement for every content will go by half irrespective of SD, HD, AND UHD. So with the same compression, they can given better PQ and AQ, so it is not just about UHD, it is also about moving to a new broadcast tech as that chip soon will be standard for all type of content as it can give better results even with same amount of compression (2 normal HD feeds space it will take only to show one 4K feed with this new chip).

I also think that for the mentioned price, it would be recorder as paying around 7k for just plain box will be far more expensive. Let us see ...

"Recording facility is not available in UHD Set Top Box" is the clear answer I got from CC. So we need to wait for DVR launch. Without recording STB is 5900 Rs for existing customer. So initial information of 6400/5900 seems authentic.

4k UHD Box Lunch soon..I think 4k UHD Channel Harmonic 4k Coming soon......islya tatasky nay space Creat kar raha hay

Without recording it'll be a complete waste of money. We all have become used to record programs.

I read somewhere that the UHD STB will cost 10K+. How can they provide it in 6-7K budget?

Guys. It's a heartening news. But can any one suggest about UHD access fee? What would be the amount? At present it's difficult for me to even afford HD access fee though I am having TS +HD box!

harshbardhan said:
Guys. It's a heartening news. But can any one suggest about UHD access fee? What would be the amount? At present it's difficult for me to even afford HD access fee though I am having TS +HD box!

I think there will be no UHD Access Fee. HD Access Fee came with the logic that now every genre has few channels and a uniform Access Fee can be applied. But initially UHD should have just 1 or 2 or in fact only event based channel so it will be costly single channel with no UHD Access Fee as such.

gappa said:
It is final....... I am not going to buy it. CONFORM. [emoji517] [emoji517] [emoji517] [emoji476] [emoji291]

First thing first. Have u bought 4K TV ? :huh

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock