Discussion Tata Sky Satellite Migration to GSAT 31 (2019) - Discussions, News and Updates - Migration Completed.

Changing satellite orbital is not like driving a vehicle, its a complicated process and decreases the actual life of Satellite because ISRO needs to start Engine again to relocate. Due to that fuel decrease which results in a decrease in life. So I think migration of GSAT - 31 is permanent.
If its permanent that Ts musy be thinking big for its future . They may be using Dual Polarity technology with this new satellite . They may double their Tp count n add more channels by having less channels in each Tps with Good Pq n Signals.

If its permanent that Ts musy be thinking big for its future . They may be using Dual Polarity technology with this new satellite . They may double their Tp count n add more channels by having less channels in each Tps with Good Pq n Signals.
If a Satellite has dual capacity since Manufacture than only they can have dual polarity. There is no such technology where a satellite can double their tp count if it. So, ISRO and other space agencies are not fool to spend millions to billions on developing new rockets to carry more payload.

If a Satellite has dual capacity since Manufacture than only they can have dual polarity. There is no such technology where a satellite can double their tp count if it. So, ISRO and other space agencies are not fool to spend millions to billions on developing new rockets to carry more payload.
Ok so Now i think its confirmed that Gsat 31 is being combined with Insat 4a is being called as Gsat 10 H as per Ts . But its actually Gsat 31 which has H polarity. Thanks for the info.

Well AFAIK on creating additional transponders or even polarity they can make it depending on the power of the sat if the sat can afford then surely it will be done...for example few years ago new Transponders had been created in Measat as i remember during 1 Insat lost the power capacity and perhaps sun direct was switched off for few weeks if i am correct...

Last edited:
Well AFAIK on creating additional transponders or even polarity they can make it depending on the power of the sat if the sat can afford then surely it will be done...for example few years ago new Transponders had been created in Measat as i remember during 1 Insat lost the power capacity and perhaps sun direct was switched of for few weeks if i am correct...
Yes Also their are many news of New Polarity addition on same Satellites in some West satellites like Telestar,Eutelsat,etc .

Well AFAIK on creating additional transponders or even polarity they can make it depending on the power of the sat if the sat can afford then surely it will be done...for example few years ago new Transponders had been created in Measat as i remember during 1 Insat lost the power capacity and perhaps sun direct was switched of for few weeks if i am correct...
Bro but how it is possible to double the capacity ?? Doubling 12 or 18 transponders !!

There was a theory revolving of "Frequency Reuse" when TS started testing V TPS during 2015 and later it was found that it's of new sat GSAT 10.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock