Discussion Tata Sky Satellite Migration to GSAT 31 (2019) - Discussions, News and Updates - Migration Completed.

Those are Transponders from INSAT 4A which was never updated to lastest. The same frequencies as if now are available on GSAT 31.

Seen that before making my assumption.

Multiple satellite tracking sites confirm that INSAT 4A has been shifted from it's orbit to a parking slot.
The date of updated is older as written in the site...that shouldbe latest if the Transponders migrated to that site surely...i am not saying as those r in Insat 4A...

Last edited:
I have replied to this above, saying again

The Transponders list 12 H TPs have been shifted from INSAT 4A to GSAT 31. If u want latest then our forum trackers may update the latest transponder lists.
No need of list bcoz it doesnt show the sat info..only can be seen in some sw i used bfore...but presently doesnt have any tracking gadgets..

But I have a question. 13 new TPs activated in GSAT 31 was of different frequencies comparing INSAT 4A. Then how is it possible to have same old frequencies in new satellite? Per my experience from various posts, frequency of H and V TPs are mostly will be same number only except the other params like FEC etc. That is why I am still not clear on this.
Those 13 new Transponders which scanned in NIT maybe from Gsat 31 with differant parameters...might be they r testing /tested for brief period....right ..still i dont believe present Horizontal Tranponders r from Gsat 31...yes they have migrated them to another Sat which i believe its Gsat 10 itself...

Its really surprising to see some tatasky Transponders in a sat which was not in the 83°E orbit on march 2018 itself by a tracker...
4vGdn4i.jpg

Dont believe lyngsat...its showing older updates...looks like something phishing...
Gsat 10 covers andaman as other member shown...even now i feel both Horizontal and Vertical Transponders r from Gsat 10 itself...

I Don't Trust Or Don't Visit Lyngsat And Others Sites Bro!

From Tata Sky Kovai TSM I Got This Information Moreover After He Said That Satellite Migration Will Happen After Few In September

After 3 - 4 Days Of He Said Full Signals Is Up In Andhaman Island!

So This Is What Made Me To Conclude

I Don't Trust Or Don't Visit Lyngsat And Others Sites Bro!

From Tata Sky Kovai TSM I Got This Information Moreover After He Said That Satellite Migration Will Happen After Few In September

After 3 - 4 Days Of He Said Full Signals Is Up In Andhaman Island!

So This Is What Made Me To Conclude
Well thats fine....once tatasky signals r avail in Andaman doesnt mean the signals r from Gsat 31 only...even Gsat 10 also covering Andaman too...so how can we confirm its Gsat 31 ...its just a guessings only ...
There is no concrete evidence the Horizontal Transponders migrated to Gsat 31...
As i said the New Transponders got in NIT makes it more doubts as they r in new parameters.. if not Gsat 31 then from which sat they were coming...if they r from Gsat 31 then whats the purpose of these migrated added in new sat itself...13+12 =25 Transponders in Gsat 31 ..that too all Horizontal...

My Assumptions On these Matter.

1.They are activated Horizontal Transponders On Gsat10 and Testing Gsat 31 Tps currently and and after Testing Completed Channels will be shifted to Gsat 31.

2. They had Already shifted channels to Gsat31.

In Andaman, we used to get all the channels hosted in GSAT10 only. We also couldn't update the tata sky box. Now, all the channels are coming, software update also gets delivered smoothly. If INSAT4A is moved to other location/parked. Only two scenarios can be possible.

1) All the channels are hosted in GSAT10. OR
2) GSAT31 has the same foot print coverage as GSAT10 and has replaced INSAT4A in principle, as in channels signal details we see INSAT4A transponders.

Last edited:
I think its gsat 31. Because gsat 10 beam is not included in srilanka according the map and I'm getting only 30 - 40 % signal on gsat 10 satellite. But insat channels suddently showing 90 - 100% signal from reason times. Still I don't have any clue on this matter 🤔

It's GSAT 31 because:

Day time I get low signal on GSAT 31 whereas at night it's very strong. (The same was not the case for INSAT 4A)

GSAT 10 signal levels same at day and night which is strong.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock