Discussion Tata Sky web and app down from today 3:15 pm due to huge number of Sports channel activations

• Thread starter HitesH
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 130
  • Views: Views 13,905
I am extremely saddened and distressed with Tata Sky subscribers facing this issue and want such things to be permanently addressed to avoid inconvenience in future. Let me put this straight on. Also want Tata Sky to prosper, progress and keep shining . :)

But i am not saddend and distressed bro, and i guess none of the TS users are. We are taking this normally as its perfectly normal for such BIG companies having very BIG subscriber bases for such downtime to happen because of server overload which happens once in blue moon. After all they are doing their best to resolve it, guess already it working as we speak. TS will prosper and progress to new heights by all our good wishes and blessings and keep ruling the Indian DTH industry :)

Last edited:
@dino29 bro everyone in ddf know about the service different of Airtel and tatasky. Many times Airtel customer care, web, app and even till free number not working but along side tatasky is always up to mark but today faces this problem so posted here if I’m alone facing this or many other facing the same. So nothing to criticise ts service. Nowadays we have many other options if one is not working so don’t worry tatasky will up soon. But yes if seniors made this mistake then what to tell if new members doing this by mixing topic of tatasky in Airtel and vice a varsa. That’s only seniors are trying to tell you.

Arre bhai, again i reiterate where did i criticize? By the way go thru my post history and see how many times i have praised or shown discontent for various operators. What does it mean? I am DD Free Dish user and hate private players.

Please guys, think with a fresh outlook. No need to feel hurt if negative points about ur favorite dth r written about

I'll say this again. If you're happy about D2h, which is a struggling brand (amit bro himself said this) then no sane person can help you. It's not about being a fan but being rational. D2h has done nothing to be praised in this situation. This issue is common even when you try to order a product online when there's some kind of sale. So do you jump to sites like shopclues at the time? Stop acting childish and realise what's happening before spewing BS here.

Nothing can be "permanently addressed" bro. Atleast with technology changes new issues come every now and then, unexpectedly.

Some DTH companies having issues for year long, Tata Sky got one once in a while. So we can clearly consider it as manageable.

As @Siva bro already said, waiting to activate sports channel now is like booking for tatkal at festival time.

I meant that recurring issues should be given proper fix. Words can be given new meaning as one intends to always counter opposite opinion. Technology is ever changing and no doubt Tata Sky has been front runner in adopting it but u have to admit that this issue has been for long remain unaddressed.

I am not sure whether tata sky does this on purpose to discourage subscribing and dropping channel in match day as this problem was many times there during IPL and India's matches.

Ethically, TS cannot do this "on purpose" to dissuade subscribers from taking the channel on the day of the match. TRAI has set these rules now- and each such decision/rule comes with its own set of loopholes and issues. Yes, one of those issues may be extreme surge in requests for activation/deactivation of a particular channel. But yeah, the customer is the king and he should always be served.

What I am thinking now (after going thru Twitter), is that how would TS compensate such users who are facing this problem and are unable to watch the match due to it. That will be interesting to see.

Also, on the side topic that has started in this thread, I will just say that I appreciate the love each of us has for their own DTH provider and for other providers as well. Sometimes things might get a bit dodgy, but it is only due to our love for the brand. Just like in the Politics thread, there are tempers flying high, let us not do so here. Perhaps, we may have a separate thread for "comparison of various aspects of DTH" - service, customer care, software, technology, ease of use, etc. Just a suggestion.

Last edited:
But i am not saddend and distressed bro, and i guess none of the TS users are. We are taking this normally as its perfectly normal for such BIG companies having very BIG subscriber bases for such downtime to happen because of server overload which happens once in blue moon. After all they are doing their best to resolve it, guess already it working as we speak. TS will prosper and progress to new heights by all our good wishes and blessings and keep ruling the Indian DTH industry :)

Ur first few lines was exactly my first response to this issue in thread then why is everyone saying i criticized Tata Sky. Is it that whatever i write is to be blamed? Please answer only with respect to this as airtel controversy is separate and already addressed by me

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock