Breaking Tata Sky will provide new Tariff Plans - Discussions (TRAI Tariff Order w.e.f 1st Feb 2019)

I got a call from Tata sky yesterday. I thought they'd be talking about new tariffs. Nope. They want me to watch a new telugu comedy channel for 1 re per month.
what is new telugu comedy channel ?

Last edited:
I think I know what Tata Sky is trying to pull off here by getting it’s subscribers to subscribe to annual packs :LOL: First they plan on to reach all their subscriber base located in each and every state, then propose them to join annual subscription along with giving some sort of discounts. People who know about TRAI rules properly are most likely not to buy in this trap, but an average customer who doesn’t know about the TRAI rules would surely be tempted to buy into this trap. I’m not saying everyone but even if they manage to get somewhere around 40-50% of it’s subscriber base to join annual pack it can help TATA Sky pull some trigger on the next High Court hearing date. Like, they can then present that almost half of their subscribers are on long term plan and ask for relaxation of those customer base, while keeping the profit to themselves. Pretty clever to pull-off I know but who know TATA Sky is a big player and it hasn’t kept it’s 42% discount offer on STB open for nothing..

I got below message while changing base pack. It says pack has been discontinued.
3Kg3yO9.jpg
It shows oftain. You can get it back:)

annual pack it can help TATA Sky pull some trigger on the next High Court hearing date
Not just that. If HC asks TS to implement the TRAI order from Feb 1st, then they will cut off some channels from the present annual packs and say that if you want to get those channels, you must buy them alacarte or pay extra. That way, subscribers will end up paying much more and they cannot even change their plans. They will be stuck with TS for 1 year.
My advice to all is to not subscribe to annual packs until TS comes up with new packs.

It could also be to trap customers.
Why?
Suppose you are on a monthly pack, and TS prices its new packs very high. What will happen? You'll switch to some other provider.

But what if you are on a long-term pack and TS has given you a refund of Rs 2500 in your account. Where will you go? Nowhere. You will stay and wait for the 2,500 to run out.

I think I know what Tata Sky is trying to pull off here by getting it’s subscribers to subscribe to annual packs :LOL: First they plan on to reach all their subscriber base located in each and every state, then propose them to join annual subscription along with giving some sort of discounts. People who know about TRAI rules properly are most likely not to buy in this trap, but an average customer who doesn’t know about the TRAI rules would surely be tempted to buy into this trap. I’m not saying everyone but even if they manage to get somewhere around 40-50% of it’s subscriber base to join annual pack it can help TATA Sky pull some trigger on the next High Court hearing date. Like, they can then present that almost half of their subscribers are on long term plan and ask for relaxation of those customer base, while keeping the profit to themselves. Pretty clever to pull-off I know but who know TATA Sky is a big player and it hasn’t kept it’s 42% discount offer on STB open for nothing..

Getting continues call from customer care to renew annual pack that was expired last week

Bro if u want all channels....if pay according to new TRAI rule it will cost roughly around 1500rs/month...now v r getting it for 742rs...new tariff rule is not good for HD subscribers, if u want all HD channels u will have to select all highest HD bouquet from all broadcasters....u will ending in paying high price..

Last edited:
Bro if u want all channels....if pay according to new TRAI rule it will cost roughly around 1500rs/month...now v r getting it for 742rs...new tariff rule is not good for HD subscribers, if u want all HD channels u will have to select all highest HD bouquet from all broadcasters....u will ending in paying high price..
But who watching all channels? Mostly 5 to 10% people watching all channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock